Families and Elements in Brickonicle [Worldbuilding] [Pitch]

I would like the see that al matoran are the same, but they just paint themselves in the colours of their region (unprobable real-life comparison: if everyone in Europe wore clothes with the colourschemes of their flag).
So the colourscheme depends on where they live or as which type of matoran they define themselves as.

In case of the matoran having elemental powers (it might be scrapped), the region where the child grows up, depends the element. As the child is surrounded by the element of that region. Maybe, matoran have an “elemental bucket” that needs to be filled and have two. The elements of these buckets depend on the parents. Which one fills up the quickest, becomes their element. Before this, they might be coloured silver or something

2 Likes

Why would worshipping a god prevent children? I believe the cast has already stated that families and biological children do exist.

1 Like

You realize this god exsists.

And this god is Directly connected with this person.

Like so much that this person can use a fragment of this gods power.

I am and like 2 magnets meeting unless they are specially atuned they would not be albe to interacted unless turned right.

The gods exist separately from the matoran, the matoran merely worship them just like any IRL god-human relationship. In G3, it has been stated that the matoran were created before the elemental gods by Ekimu, not by the gods, and were created as one race, not 6 separate elemental races. There is no logical reason why worshipping a god would prevent reproduction.

A valid argument.

I am still in on the Elemental energy they channel is part of the,…

I should make another PITCH about this concept

1 Like

I think that their power is a part of them, but does not differentiate them from the whole race besides what tribe they are a part of. I also think that what gods they worship should not be limited by their worship, so you can have priests of Uxar in the Sand Tribe appealing to him to keep the winds away and not stir up the sand, or priests of Ikir in the Earth Tribe using his powers to help with forging. Of course, due to their conflicting powers it would be more difficult for say, a Matoran of the Earth Tribe to appeal to Ketar, but it is possible, like I suggested in my elemental powers pitch.

I’m gonna jump in here and say that I agree with @UltimateMustacheX that matoran are not likely to mix with other types. Each elemental region is sort of like a country, and most of the time, people keep within their own countries when looking for a partner. Sure you could say that nowadays people mix between nations, but historically speaking, people usually stayed in their own land. Especially in tribal areas.

What about the 1% time in which Matoran of different elements DID mix? I’m not saying they would, but it’s still possible for them to mix.

If it’s so rare, why would it even need to be mentioned or explained? Maybe it’s the law of the land to only reproduce within your own region, and all matoran abide by that rule. Sure it’s still possible for one or two interminglings here and there, but it’s probably super unlikely, so why even bring it up? (Bring up in universe I mean)

Matoran would probably bring it up BECAUSE of how rare it is. Considering that it almost never happens, the times which it DOES happen would surprise almost everyone. They’d probably wonder which region the child would be raised in.

I was thinking that in the off chance of this happening, that person would be shunned and possibly banished, forcing that matoran to live somewhere on the island that did not belong to any of the six regions, or even removing themself from the island. But I have been playing around with how they work, and I think it would make sense for either the elements to cancel each other out, leaving the matoran powerless. But we could also let the matoran have very limited powers of each element. Just a thought.

That idea intrigues me. I wonder if the elemental gods would ever choose one of these outcasts as a Toa?

Or, fitting into TTV’s G3, what if the outcasts were the Matoran who would end up as the Lightning Tribe?

1 Like

Actually, we already have Matoro as the father of Kopaka. What if Hewkii and Macku were Pohatu’s parents?

That meme has gone too far. But would marriage outside your tribe really be subject to so much prosecution? Maybe the patron gods would have a problem, but it seems more likely that extra-tribal marriages are rare due to the difficulty of travel. Just think of the size of the island and the only travel methods they have! It would be a Tolkien level quest to just go visit your Fiance over in Naho!

1 Like

The lightning tribe is dead during the current story. Voriki is the only survivor. Also, Karzahni created the lightning tribe, so it couldn’t have been from mixed element kids.

I’m being 100% serious actually. I think this could actually go interesting places if handled well.

It has in real life.

1 Like

I mean that there are outcasts in the past that are turned into the Lightning Tribe by Karzahni prior to the Lightning Extinction, and Voriki is the last living descendent of them.

I don’t think there’d be enough of them to make a whole tribe.

Give it enough time.

Let’s say there were originally 10 outcasts (5 couples) in the 1st generation, and let’s say that every generation, the population would double. The 2nd would be 20, the 3rd 40, the 4th 80, the 5th 160, the 6th 320, etc.

Give it enough time, and in 10 generations (how ever many years that is, maybe 300) there would be 5120. However, I’m not sure how long the Matoran have existed for prior to G3:Y1, so it’s difficult to calculate.

I think it should simply just be random based on the parents. For example, if a Mangaian and a Nahoan had a child, the child would have a 50% chance to be a Matoran of Fire, and a 50% chance to be a Matoran of Water. No need for such complications, especially since the cast seem pretty set on only having 7 elements.

1 Like