Favorite Anime?

wink XD
I have a really good question here, why theres always people bashing on Bleach? I don’t see whats wrong with it?

1 Like

I believe it’s due to how long it is and all the filler it’s got.

yea but shows like Dragon Ball and Fairy tail are long too and they are popular

My favorite anime has to be Mirai Nikki and Steins Gate.
Time rules!

I’ve never seen any of those anime so I wouldn’t know about their fillers, but besides having a lot of fillers, Bleach’s fillers were long. Just when the fight that you had been waiting for was about to happen (Ichigo against Ulquiorra, for example) they threw in a 20 episode filler.

I saw Bleach after it had finished airing so I didn’t have to go through the frustration of waiting for a filler to end that many fans had to endure.

I haven’t watched too many animes, having become interested in them just as my schedule clogs up, but AoT was pretty fun.

you never seen Dragon Ball Z before?

Well, I’ve seen some episodes and know some story and characters, but it never really interested me that much. Especially since there are various series to watch (one of the reasons why I haven’t watched Gundam yet).

yea true

have only finished one anime.
And judging by my avatar, it’s probably obvious.
I

Madoka Magica. And it’s my favourite, due to bias.

I’m watching Gurren Lagann next, then Evangelion and Kill La Kill.

Also probably Gundam Seed because @Vastor.

6 Likes

That’s some good stuff you’re watching. Except KLK. It’s disturbing in a bad way, like Oreimo.

I just finished Katanagatari, yet another adaptation on Nisioisin. While Katanagatari lacks Hitagi Senjougahara of Monogatari Series, it has several characters that are almost as entertainig as her. The length of each episode is 50 minutes, making it easier to fit all the clever writing in the anime without messing up the pacing or having to rely on weird visuals. Speaking of visuals, Katanagatari’s character design was from one of my favourite artists, Take, and the backgrounds look like paintings. And hey, the soundtrack is from Taku Iwasaki. You guys might know him from anime like Gurren Lagann and Gatchaman Crowds.

With the completion of Katanagatari my list of favourite anime looks something like this: Ano Natsu de Matteru, Nichijou, Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Shirobako, Monogatari Series, Moomin, Break Blade and Katanagatari.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Best headshot in Anime ever

@anon68675807 You should also watch the original Mobile Suit Gundam, and 08th MS Team (Gundam OVA)

3 Likes

This is a thing.

Cool.

I have not seen much anime as of yet, but from the ones I have seen, I like Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo the most. (In English, that’s The Pet Girl of Sakurasou.)

Squid Girl.

…Yeah, It might look like I’ve given up, but it’s not that bad, actually, de-geso.

…Is this seriously how the Japanese think squids sound?

1 Like

youre a kid now

youre a squid now

1 Like

Stop, we could be at this for days. :laughing:

seriously tho Japanese Splatoon get Squid Girl costumes

I know, those came out for the US as well.

I already have it. And I love it.

Anime I’ve watched and liked.

Yugioh Duel Monsters - pretty good 7/10
Yugioh GX - still good, but not as good as DM 6/10
Yugioh “season 0” - so ■■■■■■. Based of the original manga 10/10
Gundam 0079 - so underrated. It hasn’t aged well though 8.5/10
Gundam Wing - pretty overrated. haven’t watched it in a while so… 7/10
Gundam 08th MS Team - overrated. But it’s GREAT!
Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory - once again don’t remember much. 7/10
G Gundam - Okay 6.5/10
Gundam Seed - pretty crap. animation is new and jarring. last few episodes were awesome though 4.5/10
Spirited Away - Great! 9/10
My Neighbor Totoro - Great! 9/10
Howl’s Moving Castle - Great! 9/10
Every Studio Ghibli Animation - Great. 9/10
POKéMON Indigo League - Pretty Good. 7/10
Johto League - okay 6.5/10
Hoenn - 5/10
Diamond and Pearl - 6.5/10
Black and White - 3/10
Kalos - 4/10
Deathnote - Even though the best anime I’ve seen, It’s not my favorite. 10/10
Naruto - Pretty Good 8/10
One Piece - Pretty Good 8/10
Case Closed - Only watched 1 ep. and fell in love with it. 9/10

There are probably more, but I might just have forgotten about them, or totally had a brain fart. :smile:

1 Like

That isn’t an anime
Hayao miyasaki stated himself, that he doesn’t believe any of his work to be anime.
So.
yeah.

1 Like