Favorite Anime?

Ah, so still the first season then.

I donā€™t like choosing favorites, but in terms of anime that I enjoy immensely and would definitely recommend to others, there are a few that immediately come to my mind;

-Puella Magi Madoka Magica
-Sweet Blue Flowers
-Denpa Onna
-Little Witch Academia
-Baccano!

Also, I must say that this current season (spring 2016) has been quite good.

Rather than favorites, as that seems to change every once and a while (right now being Fullmetal 2003, going to watch brotherhood after I finish another show I never finished) Iā€™ll just post the ones Iā€™ve liked in no particular order.

-Fullmetal Alchemist (I might actually buy this one, which I donā€™t usually do. I genuinely loved this show.)

-Naruto (My only complaint, I got bored of the chounin exams, I wanted more time watching Team 7 bond like on the first mission. I skipped most of the filler because it sucked.)

-Naruto Shippuden (1: Spare yourself and skip the filler, besides the filler in the current arc after infinite tsukuyomi activates. I caught up with this recently, itā€™s gotten a bit big for itself which warrents anything that occurs after pain being inferior to the original in my book, besides Itachiā€™s arc. :stuck_out_tongue:)

-Neon Genesis Evangelion (If you have any desire to understand what the heck is going on, do not watch the movies instead, and watch The End of Evangelion if you want to be mentally scarred from sheer absurdity =P)

-Attack on Titan

-Koutetsujou no Kabernari (from what Iā€™ve seen I like it, itā€™s kinda average though. I will admit it does build up hype, however)

-Gurren Laggan (This is the show I need to finish, and I have no clue why I stopped watching it)

My ā€œto watchā€ list is pretty longā€¦

1 Like

Gurren Lagann, all the way. That is, unless RWBY happens to count.

@Toa_Ketros Finish it. Itā€™s worthwhile. The plot really thickens around the second arc, and it only gets crazier up to the end. (I donā€™t think itā€™s Evangelion-crazy. :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

I did, I did not feel the slightest bit of sorrow for Rossiu. That aside, that was fun. In like 3 episodes they went from taking over the moon gunmen to being a multiple galaxy sized mecha. Watā€¦ WHAT IS HAPPENING!?

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed it overall. And now you know why the third arc was my favorite, haha!

what is happening is that 2 mechs are throwing entire galaxies like frigginā€™ Frisbee disks.

2 Likes

My personal favorite is Dragon ball

new to the list

• Cowboy Bebop

My all time favourites would have to be Dragonball Z, Digimon, FMA and Cory in the House.

3 Likes

ā€¦ Have I not posted here either?

My list is Fullmetal Alchemist, both versions, and Cowboy Bebop. I havenā€™t actually seen much Anime.

Quick question for Dragonball fans. Iā€™ve been looking for a way to get into the series, and I was thinking about starting with Battle of Gods, as thatā€™s how my best friend started. Anyone know where I can find a place to watch it?

3 Likes

Sighs

FMA is always the best though.

Death Parade, Psycho-Pass (What season 2?), Baccano, and Kinoā€™s Journey.

Iron Blooded Orphans has been rising on my list, but it falls short for certain reasons.

1 Like

Iā€™d recommend starting with the original Dragonball, but starting with Super is fine. Plenty of kids in Japan etc have been from what iā€™ve been reading. Ivā€™e seen all 3 series like, 3 times now so i know a thing or two, lol

One year later, still true.
I have to ask, has anyone else watched it? Am I alone in my love for this series?

I was thinking of the actual movie Battle of Gods, as thatā€™s what my friend watched.

And if I were to watch the show, Iā€™d watch the version that cut out the filer (Kai I think itā€™s called)?

1 Like

The movie Battle of Gods is readapted in episodic format in Dragonball Super. The next movie that comes after Battle of Gods is Ressurection F, and if you watch that you can skip the first ~30 episodes of Dragonball Super.

As for Kai, Kai removes the filer from Dragonball Z. It doesnā€™t adapt material from the original Dragonball. You can watch it if you want but I think Z is better imo

Iā€™d say this, but also thereā€™s still plenty of DBZ worth skipping though. I hate the filler in that show so much, moreso because I was much more familiar with the manga by the time I was watching the show in-depth

1 Like

I have watched very little anime. My current favorite is HunterxHunter, mainly as it is what got me into anime.
My second favorite so far may be Trigun, as I am currently watching and enjoying it.
As for movies, Akira is the only one I remember watching and I really did enjoy it.

Holy crap, my maaaan

EDIT: To clarify, Iā€™ve seen Akira 7 or 8 times now. One of the few movies Iā€™ve actually bought a copy of. The manga is also amazing.