Favorite BIONICLE Themes

The Original Mata’s, good old times.

The Nuva. Your favorite heroes are back…only better
The sight of those guys blew my mind as a kid.

i agree, those were the best years, they had the coolest sets, better stories, and they were superior in most ways

actually, its obvious that stars is the best, said no one ever

4 Likes

The Bohrok, the Inika, and the Piraka.

Inika, there’s just something about them that I really liked. They were so sleek so different from what we had before.

Mata, it’s hard to beat the originals. Enough said there.

Metru, very sleek and complete looking. Possibly the most solid design IMO.

Eljay says otherwise

Metru and Ignika.

De glatzorianz agoree an de sturz r de brzt cuz dey r

Lets get srs:

1. 2007 (as a whole)
  2. 2008 (Phantoka/All titans/Krika)
  3. 2004 (Toa Metru)
  4. 2005 (Web Of Shadows introduced me to BIONICLE
  5. 2009 (Canister sets)
    All of these years (minus 2005) have great sets, and the top three had the best story.
1 Like

Personally my favourite was the undersea themes (Barraki, Toa Mahri) because besides it being possibly the most story driven arc, it was ironic because I’m a bit afraid of the ocean. What’s your fave theme? I’d really like to know.

2 Likes

I’d have to agree with you on 2007 being one of the best (in my opinion.) Mostly because that’s when I first really learned about Bionicle. That reminds me, at that time I couldn’t afford a Bionicle so my older brother payed the for the rest of the cost, took the main figure and gave me the little crab guy it came with (I’m not sure if this connects with the topic.) Another great year is 2006, cause Yo Yo Piraka.

4 Likes

Agreed brother

Not to jump on the bandwagon, but 2007 was also my favorite year. It was the first year that gave us non-clone canister sets with the arguable exception of the Mata and Nuva. Even if you count those, 2007 was still the first year to have villains with widely different appearances and personalities (let’s face it, the Piraka all had the same basic personality: greedy). And of course its story had a truly memorable climax.

1 Like