Favorite Boss in a Video Game

I guess I’d say my second favorite is the final battle in fall of cybertron, when you get to fight as either optimus or megatron, especially what comes right after it and knowing what comes next, it’s awesome

2 Likes

I loved the fight with Avak in Bionicle Heroes. The fight was boring, but it has my favorite boss music EVER.

3 Likes

YES.
Hrm, let’s see, what else…
Everything in the inFAMOUS 2 Good Ending.
The first Dragonrider in Dark Souls II (because he killed himself)

There’s a lot of good ones out there.

1 Like

I loved all of the bosses in Metal Gear Rising, Snake Eater, and so far Sons Of Liberty, though I also loved Metal Overlord from Sonic Heroes and Perfect Chaos from Sonic Adventure.

2 Likes

These two are easily my second and third, but I would have to say sephiroth from kingdom hearts 1. I have fought him so many times I could beat him in my sleep. Still tough though.

1 Like

you can never forget goro…

Either 7 or 13 from Shadow of The Colossus.

Galacta Knight from Kirby Super Star Ultra.

3 Likes

I don’t particularly like the boss fights in Portal 2, but the characters of the bosses are just amazing!

1 Like

Groundshaker in KH2

He is literally one of the best imo

Ever wanted to fight a giant gosh darn 4 legged thing with a smaller other thing controlling the 4legged thing AS A LION CUB HOLDING A KEYBLADE IN YOUR MOUTH?

ITS AMAZING

2 Likes

Thardus in Metroid Prime was pretty fun, as well as Tidalwave from Transformers, but if I had to pick a favorite, I’d go with Avion from Shadow of the Colossus.

2 Likes

Magalor from Kirby’s return to dreamland.

3 Likes

Goht from Majora’s Mask
(Twinmold is also awesome from the same game)
Atheon from Destiny

2 Likes

Atheon was pretty great.

good ol Wispy Woods

aka the first boss in almost every kirby game

2 Likes

Kirby beating up Wispy Woods might be Nintendo’s message of processed things (like Kirby basically being Bubble Gum) destroying nature, showing nature as the bad guy, especially trees.

My favorite boss of all time would be The Boss from Metal Gear Solid 3. Gameplay wise, it utilizes the camo system and CQC quite well, the things which made MGS3 fun for me. Presentation wise, goodness is it emotional, in the fact that you, Big Boss, have to kill the one person you truly loved in your life and saw as a mother figure. The added time limit, thanks to an eventual airstrike, adds to the tension. The pressure is also added during the last few moments of the boss battle, where snake lies motionless with a gun pointed at The Boss.

1 Like

Dagoth Ur-Morrowind
Courtney Gears-Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
The Songbird-Bioshock Infinite

And others I can’t think of at the moment XD

Picking a favorite boss is really hard, because it encompasses so many elements, like story, complexity, how well the fight’s put together, how fun it is, etc. I ended up managing to pick just one, but I wanted to give a shoutout to some of the others I thought were great too.

Mother Brain, from Super Metroid
Vergil, from Devil May Cry 3
Yami, from Okami
Jetstream Sam, from Metal Gear Rising
Rundas, from Metroid Prime 3
Grima, from Fire Emblem Awakening
Ganondorf, from LoZ Wind Waker

With all of those honorable mentions out of the way, I went with Quadraxis from Metroid Prime 2. Not a significant boss from a story standpoint, but he was extremely well done gameplay wise. It’s half puzzle, half combat, equal parts using your head and using the skills you’ve acquired over the course of the game.

-MT

2 Likes

Quadraxus from Metroid prime 2

Bada bing Bada boom I resurrect this topic from its doom