Favorite Obscure Games

Like barely anyone knows what the heck Wario Land 4 is, besides Kahi. I loved that game because it was so fun and yet SO DIFFICULT.

4 Likes

How about OFF by Mortis Ghost? Ever heard of that?

1 Like

Spy Hunter for the PS2 is probably one of the most difficult games I have ever played. 2 other slightly obscure games for the Wii are Blazing Angels II, a WWII fighter pilot game, and Red Steel 2, a tight motion control game where you play as a gun-slinging samurai set in a borderlands like desert shantytown.

2 Likes

Peter Jackson’s King Kong The Game. I like it better than the movie.

4 Likes

Don’t watch markiplier, but yes probably. It makes you emotionally attached to squares and rectangles.

1 Like

It might have been jacksepticeye. anyway, I looked up screenshots and I remember watching someone play it. that was a cool game.

'Tis very good.

(I don’t watch jacksepticeye either)

I don’t remember who it was, i just remember it was fun to watch.

1 Like

BOTH these games were big parts of my childhood. (And I like them more than their respective movies too.) I remember my Dad and I bonding over playing The Hobbit on separate saves, we were racing to see who could finish the game first! Then I remember renting a game when my first PS2 broke, my dad wanted to make sure it was the system not the game, so he threw in The Hobbit. When it still didn’t work, he threw the PS2 away, With the Hobbit still inside! We were both sad. Eventually, I found a second Hobbit game at a used game store, and bought it for my dad as a birthday present!

Funnily enough, when I bought King Kong, the store only had the disk and not the case (which is why it was only $2) Now I keep King King in the old Hobbit case!

To add something new, One of my other favorite obscure games is Indiana Jones and the Emperor’s Tomb. I have fond memories of that game, it’s my favorite Indiana Jones game!

3 Likes

Does anyone know about Ape Escape?

A big part of my childhood was the game called Amazing Island. It was a game where you create monsters and use them to compete in Olympic/Mario Party style challenges.

1 Like

One of my favourite game franchises is Serious Sam. Its a really fun oldschool style FPS. Hundreads of enemies on screen at once, player carries 12 weapons and 16 PLAYER CAMPAIGN COOP. Its an absolute blast. Plus some really cool enemy designs.

I started playing the first one at 4 years old. Fun times.

I’m not sure how obscure it is now, but its still an indie game franchise. Another installment of the franchise is currently in the works, and by the same guys who made The Talos Principle.

2 Likes

Another obscure one is Golden Sun. It’s good.

1 Like

I do! I do!

I actually have Ape Escape floating around somewhere, I remember my brother trying to beat that game. While not as obscure as other games, Okami is still a strong contender for being a great adventure game on multiple platforms.

1 Like

SpongeBob squarepants battle for bikini bottom

2 Likes

First time I heard of Okami was the awesome Chuggaaconroy, who is tied with TTV for my favorite channel. And I first heard of Ape Escape was at my cousin’s, since she had 2.

Pretty sweet! I remember having a PlayStation for about 13 years and I want to find some of those old games again.

1 Like

Original, or Ps2? If original, get Spyro 1-3, Ape Escape, Parrapa the Rappa, Crash Bandicoot, and Lego racer.

I had a ps1 that worked but I now only have the memory cards. Aren’t there PS2’s that are backwards compatible? And thanks for the tip.

1 Like

Oh, I remember that game! It was really good from what I can remember, but I never managed to finish it. Probably gonna play it again at some point and see if I can finish it this time since I’m less awful better at games.

2 Likes