Favorite Toa Tool(s) / Weapon(s)

Lhikan’s Fire Greatsword: dualwielding massive blades that work as a flying surfboard.
There’s nothing cooler than that.

4 Likes

This has honestly always surprised me; with all the Bionicle parts being used in System sets in the early 2000’s, you’re telling me there was never a single use for a giant axe?

4 Likes

Tell me about it.

Even Pohatu’s foot additions got reused in another set.

Edit (1 hour later): “Another set”. Stupid Autocorrect

3 Likes

The thing is, all the other tools are very versatile and have plenty of potential uses. Lewa’s axe is just an axe. It can’t be anything else but an axe.

4 Likes

Probably the fact that it’s a single mold piece. If the blade had been printed independently of the handle, both would have plenty of versatility. The single mold tanked its future

3 Likes

If the blade was separate from the handle then I’m sure the handle would’ve just been an 8L axle.

Actually, maybe that’s why it was a single piece! Lego doesn’t normally recolour axles, he’d be left with a black handle on his axe.

3 Likes

True point. If the axe had been separated they likely wouldn’t have bothered with the pin hole near the base, would be a largely pointless mold

3 Likes

Yeah, but I feel like there’s still plenty of fun uses for a giant axe.

Perhaps a booby-trapped tomb with axes swinging from the ceiling, or some kind of Technic axe-vehicle. Just look at this thing (Set 8648):

Many of the Turaga’s Badges of Office saw System use despite being about as generic as Lewa’s axe.

Not so much now, but set-specific recolored axles were actually quite common in the early 2000s.

6 Likes

Yeah, even Matau’s staff got reused.

3 Likes

When they needed those kind of booby traps, they’d just use system axes. They’re much smaller and can fit in a more compact space.

Equally, they only ever reused half of the Turaga staffs. Whenua’s got reused all the time, it’s just a small drill on a stick. That’s incredibly useful outside of the setting! Matau’s and Nokama’s are perhaps less so, but they’re still just a sawblade on a stick and a big trident. Nokama’s worked well for underwater builds, and Matau’s was good for low-effort weapons on Racers sets.

The other three never got used outside of Bionicle, because, like Lewa’s axe, they’re pretty useless outside of their intended use. Onewa’s is just a huge hammer and Nuju’s is a massive ice pick. Vakama’s is a flame on a stick, which could prove useful, but ultimately the existence of Tahu’s far more versatile sword neutered this.

4 Likes

I personally love Lhikan’s dual swords. I really like the fact that it can be thrown like a glaive or wide enough to be used as a shield while also a very aggressive and forward. the same could also be said for Gresh’s blades or Tahu Nuva’s swords.

6 Likes

Best Toa tool was any time a Po-Toa whipped a rock at somebody. I can get with that

4 Likes

Bionicle Heroes “Po-Koro” gun.

5 Likes

ohh yeah the Bionicle Heroes weapons do go very hard

5 Likes

Absolutely. I would want to get a Inika weapon commissioned for a MOC myself.

4 Likes