First 3 Animations on Bionicle.com

Prolly ties in to Kopaka having a Shield as a weapon now.

1 Like

I didn’t notice that :slight_smile: good to know… It 'll be important for later story, I guess.
Kinda foreshadowing :slight_smile:

This got me hooked…

2 Likes

Okay, so my full thoughts on the three new webisodes:
They are not great. They’re meh.

I can’t wait for the books. These feel very rushed, and have practically no story in them. The only real new story in these is Ekimu giving the Prophecy of Heroes, which contradicts what the website already said. The Story has just started, and it already contradicts itself. Another seeming contradiction is when it says that the Toa will find the “mask-maker”. The only Mask-makers we know are Ekimu and Makuta, and we know the Protectors found Ekimu. (maybe it’s whoever made the Masks of Creation and Control? We don’t know it those were made by Ekimu or Makuta.)

Also, it really bugs me that the Protectors seem to know where the Golden Elemental Masks are. Maybe it’s '01 nostalgia speaking, but I’d’ve preferred a quest to find them, maybe more adventures on the way to them, not just the Protectors saying “there’s the mask. Go get it.” I know the Skull Spiders are protecting them, but it still seems lacking. Why haven’t the SS’s gotten the Masks themselves? Or, if they just found them, why didn’t the Protectors get the Masks?

Also, when Tahu first arrives on Okoto, his acting is awful. It didn’t feel real. It felt more like the narrator was reading off a script (which he was, but it should never seem that way).

And overall, after all the excitement I felt when I read on BZP’s news page that these were out, this just feels like a letdown. They didn’t excite me. It felt like I was constantly waiting for something to happen, and nothing ever did.

Like I said, I hope the books, being the primary method of telling the story, are better.

The Temple of Time thing is cool, though.

4 Likes

The Turaga knew where the other masks were in 01, they were just jerks who didn’t tell the Toa. I prefer this, TBH. That way the challenge comes from the enemy, not your allies.

It’s like, “Alright, no more cryptic nonsense, we’re gonna get down to business, so we can start winning the fight.”

While this may be a legit complaint, I imagine there’s some sort of Excalibur-like “Only the worthy may touch the masks” sorta thing or something. It would explain the Protectors as well.

3 Likes

I just checked episode 3, and guess what I oh so shockingly found.

Seriously, what the heck is with the animators’ obsession with the Vahi?

14 Likes

That is a perfect easter egg for the older fans but the thing is there is a symbol in the place where ekimu fell a sleep(and knew how to call upon 6 mighty toa)and in the crater where tahu came and maybe the symbol can be in the other toas locations where they crashlanded from the sky if there are mask of time symbols on the other toas craters(crashsites)that strongly hangs toward a continuation rather than a reboot…

The main animations were pretty fun to watch. Not a whole lot of new info, but still entertaining. Looking forward to more.
The individual Toa (Toer?) animations were kind of hard to watch since they all had basically the same dialogue. Pretty awesome seeing Tahu dance fight his way through the Visorak skull spider army.
Also:

CAN YOU HANDLE THE CUTE!?

18 Likes

I cant handle it
ITS SO CUTE

9 Likes

Vakama’s son is pretty freakin adorable.

and that’s a sentence I thought I’d never say

9 Likes

time to correct your statements there
he isnt vakama
or at least hasnt been confirmed to be

and it isnt his son

Time to correct your statement.

We don’t know whether that’s his son.

what are you correcting here?
I told him that isnt his son?

and you are telling me he isnt his son?
plus if it was his son, wouldnt it have the shiny mask?
or be featured more?

1. it loooks like him so I call him Vakama
    2.It actually is his son. in the first animation, the Fire Protector calls him his son
3 Likes

True, but it hasn’t been dis-confirmed either.

again, not confirmed

(edit)

It is possible that the mask is passed off right before the protectors die.

wait what…
no he didnt
I just checked lol

You present “it isn’t his son” as a fact. It could be his son, or it could not be. Also, he is featured quite a bit, and maybe he’s not old enough to inherit the mask.

You could be his son?
Okay sure you could be his son

and now I see all your points here

and I just checked and he does.
“Hear now, my son, what the prophecy says”
CORRECTION: I just noticed that that’s not the Fire Protector. sprry for the confusion

1 Like

I know, I know. I just fixed that.