First/Baby Memories

What’s the first thing you remember when thinking back to when you were a baby or little kid? I remember the first time I opened my eyes as a several month old

1 Like

One time, when I was about 2 and a half, I had a habit of climbing on top of the rail of my crib and crawling along it. I did so one night after being put to bed, and managed to fall to the floor. I started crying pretty loudly, so my parents came and got me, and to try cheer me up, they put on this tape that had these kid-themed music videos for oldies songs, and danced to it while taking turns holding me. Problem was, I didn’t like it, so I stayed upset for quite a while. :frowning:

1 Like

When I was 3, I slightly damaged my Pericranium(Layer of skull or whatever) on a glass table. It hurt pretty bad.

2 Likes

I believe I was…one…or two

I remember getting out of my crib, crawling down the stairs, and seeing that my parents bought a new kitchen
strange thing to remember, but I guess my mind finds it important

3 Likes

This explains everything. /s

I remember getting stung by a bee when I was 3. Needless to say, I’m not not a fan of bees currently. :confounded:

10 Likes

I bet the kitchen was stocked with potatoes. You remember it because you were introduced to your brethren. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

It might have been

who knows

4 Likes

My brain didn’t get damaged by the collision at all >.>
The only permanent damage delt that day were the stains to the carpet.

4 Likes

I’ve got three. All of them are when I was three. One is when I was standing in the driveway of my old house in California, looking off into the sunset (classic, I know). The second is being at Legoland California and looking down at the highway. The final one is walking across the street with my mom from our house to a neighbor’s house. I remember their kitchen floor: light blue linoleum with white diamonds on it.

1 Like

I remember when i was three i was jumping on my parents bed, and i fell off and broke my arm. another time i was fighting with my brother, we both headbutted each other at the same time, and we both started crying.

2 Likes

I remember myself, in therapy (or something) clearly saying, “No.”

And from there spawned my negativity, criticism, and cynicism.

4 Likes

The earliest thing I remember is wandering off into the woods while my parents weren’t paying attention, and winding up getting lost, and then the dog found me, and I found my way back to the house.

I distinctly remember never being worried. Even when I realized I didn’t know where I was.

1 Like

I remember riding one of those baby cars aroundthe neighborhood

1 Like

I remember I went with my Mom to her work at a 4 Seasons rec center, always wore basket ball jerseys, and could swim terrifically until I actually got swimming lessons. I also remember that one time I slipped on a magazine and my glasses…gave me an ER-type boo-boo. Now that I think about it, I can remember that pretty vividly… * shudder*

2 Likes

I remember crawling around when I was 1 (I think) picking up Thomas trains and putting them on a rail they were not supposed to go and forcing them to work

2 Likes

I remember, when I was 2, my mother told me not to touch the iron.

I did.

Big mistake.

9 Likes

First thing I remember is sticking my hand into a fountain when I was 2.

1 Like

The first memory I’ve ever had was when I was eating at a table when I was 4. Pretty weird but I can’t think of anything past that.

1 Like

I barely remember anything. I think the first three years of my life were stolen from me.

2 Likes

I remember being two-three and I was in a walk in closet with a bare-bulb hanging from the ceiling and my mom was pointing at the light saying “light” and then I would say “white?” to which she would reply “no light”