Fix for the wibbly-wobbly 2015 chest armor?

Ok. Don't get me wrong; I really like the new sets. HOWEVER, I hve found that on all my Toa the chest armor is INCREDIBLY loose and shifts around quite a bit. Any solid fix for this...? I've been looking for one and had no luck and wondered if a.) I just screwed up or b.) there's a solution.

Thanks!

Which part of the armour are you talking about? Are you talking about the base chest armour, or the printed add on piece?

The base chest armor, it has a strange tendency to shift up, down, and side to side on it's ball joint. Doesn't matter too much since the sets are on display, it's just irritating for posing. Not a huge issue, just would be nice to do something for. smile

Nope, that's not strange, that's normal for CCBS pieces. You would've known that if you'd gotten some HF sets! (or chima)

Plus, I don't really see how it's a big problem. It wobbles very slightly, so just ignore it.

5 Likes

that articulation is actually something I'm really happy about. I think stop-motion will become so much better with it. there's so much you could do with it.

1 Like

It's also a benefit for the 2015 sets because it allows you to adjust the positioning of the torso armor to account for the gear function.

3 Likes

If you want to fix it, you can put a pre-09 hand piece in between the torso and the armor. It kinda helps.

1 Like

Haha, I have had a good amount of CCBS system builds, this is just something I recently noticed xD. Probably due to having to grip the torso to pose the sets.

@Willess12 Thanks!

Fix: Some putty

Use: Helps with posing.

WHY WOULD YOU USE PUTTY
FOR POSlNG TORSO ARMOR

4 Likes

I mean if you want to keep it in one spot you could put some putty on the balljoint and it could keep it in one spot.

Just an idea though smile

1 Like

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT

... just because the torso armor can be moved doesn't mean it moves around when you don't want it to. CCBS armor shells will stay in place perfectly fine when posing a MOC unless you're intentionally shifting them around. Putty is frighteningly excessive.

3 Likes

The original post was asking for a fix. I just came up with something that might work. I've never used it XD

Continue to not use it.

3 Likes

I'll take your advice.

It's just the way CCBS is designed. As people have stated above, it's won't move if you're not touching it. You'll get used to it. smiley :

3 Likes

Stop motion?

"Okay, so what I'm thinking is that I adjust the chest piece slightly every few frames to make it look like he's breathing! That sounds like a good use of my time!"

3 Likes

It would look nice...

2 Likes

That would actually be awesome.

4 Likes

i dont think this is much as a problum i mean for reviews or just playing but for stop motion just reposion unless the armor is broken then it wont move