Fix for the wibbly-wobbly 2015 chest armor?

Ok. Don’t get me wrong; I really like the new sets. HOWEVER, I hve found that on all my Toa the chest armor is INCREDIBLY loose and shifts around quite a bit. Any solid fix for this…? I’ve been looking for one and had no luck and wondered if a.) I just screwed up or b.) there’s a solution.

Thanks!

Which part of the armour are you talking about? Are you talking about the base chest armour, or the printed add on piece?

The base chest armor, it has a strange tendency to ■■■■■ up, down, and side to side on it’s ball joint. Doesn’t matter too much since the sets are on display, it’s just irritating for posing. Not a huge issue, just would be nice to do something for. :slight_smile:

Nope, that’s not strange, that’s normal for CCBS pieces. You would’ve known that if you’d gotten some HF sets! (or chima)

Plus, I don’t really see how it’s a big problem. It wobbles very slightly, so just ignore it.

5 Likes

that articulation is actually something I’m really happy about. I think stop-motion will become so much better with it. there’s so much you could do with it.

1 Like

It’s also a benefit for the 2015 sets because it allows you to adjust the positioning of the torso armor to account for the gear function.

3 Likes

If you want to fix it, you can put a pre-09 hand piece in between the torso and the armor. It kinda helps.

1 Like

Haha, I have had a good amount of CCBS system builds, this is just something I recently noticed xD. Probably due to having to grip the torso to pose the sets.

@Willess12 Thanks!

Fix: Some putty

Use: Helps with posing.

WHY WOULD YOU USE PUTTY
FOR POSlNG TORSO ARMOR

4 Likes

I mean if you want to keep it in one spot you could put some putty on the balljoint and it could keep it in one spot.

Just an idea though :slight_smile:

1 Like

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT

… just because the torso armor can be moved doesn’t mean it moves around when you don’t want it to. CCBS armor shells will stay in place perfectly fine when posing a MOC unless you’re intentionally shifting them around. Putty is frighteningly excessive.

3 Likes

The original post was asking for a fix. I just came up with something that might work. I’ve never used it XD

Continue to not use it.

3 Likes

I’ll take your advice.

It’s just the way CCBS is designed. As people have stated above, it’s won’t move if you’re not touching it. You’ll get used to it. :smiley: :

3 Likes

Stop motion?

“Okay, so what I’m thinking is that I adjust the chest piece slightly every few frames to make it look like he’s breathing! That sounds like a good use of my time!”

3 Likes

It would look nice…

2 Likes

That would actually be awesome.

4 Likes

i dont think this is much as a problum i mean for reviews or just playing but for stop motion just reposion unless the armor is broken then it wont move