Fortuous - Rediscovered Pride (A MOC, and it's history)

Fortuous has been around for a long time. He was one of the first MOCs I built after setting up my own storyline, back in late 2019. He’s grown a lot in that span of time, but the key elements have stayed the same. So, here he is, the once proud Toa Hagah.

Character

Fortuous was once a Toa Hagah assigned to Mutran, along with his four teammates. He was staunchly loyal to Mutran, thoughtlessly willing to put his life on the line to protect him. His dutiful attitude led him to even sacrifice his teammates to safeguard Mutran if the need arose.

Once Teridax took over The Brotherhood, Fortuous and his team were captured, and used as test subjects by Mutran. Overtime, these tests would kill all but Fortuous himself. Instead, he was the early lab rat for prototype shadow Kraata, which proved to be successful in turning him from a Toa of iron, to a Toa of shadow. Further experiments on physical augmentation left him with a mutated face, preventing him from using any kanohi.

When Mutran was called to Karda Nui, Fortuous was placed in a stasis tube, where he would remain until it’s power ran out.

Fortuous is a devout follower, and a competent leader. His calm demeanor shows no weakness, with zero expression of fear. Even though he’s seen many horrible acts, his loyalty and bravery fitting of a Toa have never left him.

History

As I said, Fortuous dates back to late 2019, where unfortunately, there is no lasting photo of him. The good news is, his first version was hardly more than an Inika build. His head was a simplified version of what it is today, and his shoulder pads have been a constant. Take Jaller Inika, swap the head out, change the translucent orange to black, and give him the shoulder pads, and that’s pretty much the earliest design.

Sometime in mid 2021, he was redesigned, getting a sleeker look, and with significantly less gaps. the main update was the torso, seeing a custom design, with the head, weapons, and even portions of the limbs remaining identical.

This iteration stuck around for almost a year. March 16th 2022 was the last day it had, being broken down, and revamped once again into its current design. Far more custom parts, a much better head, a more tight fitting build, and stronger individuality. As of now, I see no revamp for him in the future. He’s Toa size, has all the extra details I want, and has great stability and poseability.

Additional Photos

Fortuous as a character has really grown on me. I can’t put all the details about his character and story out there now, but maybe if I manage my time better, it won’t be much longer.

22 Likes

really like the shoulders, although the knees down is kinda lacking

2 Likes

Love those jumper pods as shoulder pads!

2 Likes

nice use of parts!

1 Like

Sweet

1 Like

Ah this moc looks cool. I like the use of the hero factory egg sac pieces and the head looks very creepy. Nicely built moc, neat job @Krelikan

2 Likes

He looks very birdy. I love the Jumper pod cloak!

2 Likes

This is a really cool character. Also awesome to see how the MOC evolved over time.

3 Likes

I think the lower legs and the sword choice are a little underwhelming (unless the sword was supposed to be like a broken spear or something), but overall I think he’s a cool moc with a cool backstory!

2 Likes

The shoulders are really fantastic.

1 Like