Found In Webs: RPG (CLOSED)

She finds that she does not have such a disk in her inventory or near by. The Hordika wolf pounces at her, jaws opened to rip her head off.

@1000Purse30 @Eilrach

“Karzing Mata Nui,” she cussed rolling to the side to avoid the jaws and looking for anything to use as a weapon, “Karz you!” She hissed completely prepared to use her firearm as a bludgeon.

“What do I do?! What do I do!?!” Tar looks around and picks up a few of his canisters. “Hey! Over here!” He desperately throws the canisters at the Kavinika, hoping to at least keep it from ripping the matoran apart.

Kibal gets struck by the Rhotuka before he could complete even his first jumping jack and time slows to a crawl. Or at least, time seemingly slows for him, but even then might be too fast for his mind to register other than doom. But could he recognize it, the pain was immense.

First, the two prong toes of his feet flatten, smashing together and then fold into the rest of the feet. The heels snap and collapse in with the screech of strained metal, then fusing the feet together before they’re bent up into the legs. He can feel his legs then forcibly pushed up into his torso before twisting around and being shoved through his back.

And though noticeable before, it became most apparent when it reached the arms. Muscle tissue stretched and tore like a kid with playing with putty, only to be squished back in wrong places. It squished and bubbled as the Protodermis crinkled loudly, sounds of which was like a full can of spam being stomped on. Organic tissue so ruined that only a sausage maker might get nostalgia from it.

The ridges on the arms collapse sideways and flatten, hands twist around and fold up into the forearms before the arms lock themselves into the torso’s front. Kibal’s head snaps back, looking straight up at the sky before it is forced to bend further into his head. After some more reconfiguration, what was once a Po-Matoran was nothing more than a heavily condense and hapless cube of Protodermic metal and flesh.

The hungry mutant pounced on it swiftly, swallowing it delightfully. Only for it to suddenly collapse as a foreign spinner strikes it. The wolf goes down with hardly a noise before red tendrils comes out of the light and drag it away. It should have fled sooner, if only it wasn’t distracted by its hunger.

For Eilrach Only

Rise. Rise. Your work is not done, the hunt is still on. Rise. Rise. Rise again and join the hunt.

Kibal was dead…right? Surely, he was dead. That’s what he last remembered. A Hordika Kavinika attacked, he tried to fight it off, but got hit by that spinner, and then…nothing? No, pain, a quick burst of pain and then nothing. So what happened? Where is he? Will he listen to the voice and rise? Will he open his eyes to find out?

@Eilrach

The Kavinika swiftly turns around after its pounce fails, though before it swipes at Gatora it is distracted by Tar’s cries. It gets struck by the canisters, which breaks open and covers the wolf in the sticky adhesive. It shakes its head angrily and tries to bark, but finds its mouth stuck shut. For that matter, it soon realizes it can’t move as it is now stuck to the floor.

It whimpers as it tries to get out, but the Matoran don’t have long to celebrate. The wolves they knocked down before can be heard climbing back up, but they can tell that there are more of them than before.

@keiththelegokid @1000Purse30 @Eilrach

Perhaps to Voyo’s surprise, now that there isn’t a wolf in his face, he sees that the remaining three Hapaka manage to knock out the last Kavinika. Well, what used to be the last Kavinkia. It duplicated so many times from the quick strikes that they all collapsed from energy exhaustion. There were now about a dozen more of the wolves strewn about, with the Hapaka starting to drag them away from the center.

Though the one hidden Visorak had finished charging its spinner and fired it at Voyo’s back.

@Cordax

The Kavinika that was teleported ported next to the Vahki attempts to shred the machine apart with a swipe of its claws.

@ProfSrlojohn

Perhaps calming, or more concern, the group starts to notice is is becoming quieter back in the direction of the feeding center. Though it could just that they’re far away enough now to not really hear it. But for those following Lync, travel is going fairly smooth…Or perhaps about as smooth as they could fathom.

Low growls and scrapping steps can be heard not too far from them. None immediately of concern in the direction they’re heading, but might want to take it a bit slow to avoid detection. That and the uneven and broken streets were starting to cause that anyways. As they get closer to being under that massive chute, the smells of the place were getting bad. Ga-Metru was the city of water, but that water has just been sitting for centuries without movement, decay and infection started to affect all surroundings. Causing nearby buildings to both rust and mold, but in its decay at least some red glowing lightplants provided more sight.

@rainsong @Ghid @Spawner @Kirathel @Atobe_Brick

2 Likes

AHHHH! Voyo screamed as the spinner hit his back. “NO!” He screamed, the pain starting to set in.

OOC:

I may not be a fan of your rping style but man do you write the best descriptions

IC:

Halmos slowed his pace and began rummaging for a knife before clapping a hand over his mask.

“EEyUCK!!” He yelled, then, quietly, “What the karz am I smelling?”

3 Likes

The Vahki locks it’s staff into the beast’s claws, before shooting it with it’s other staff point-blank.

The Vahki’s worry was increasing with the growing quiet as well. This was not good.

“I-It’s adhesive?” Tar takes a second to look at the encased Kavinika before his thought was interrupted by the sounds of claws puncturing the walls. “There’s still more of those things! Think, Tar! Think!” He gets an idea with a slap to the face. Tar grabs two canisters and rushes to pour the adhesive down the wall.

Weldvo reshuffled is equipment as quietly as possible, so that they don’t make as much noise moving forward. However, he nearby gagged when he caught a whiff of the smell.
“If I had the ability to make some air filters, I would totally do that right now,” Said Weldvo under his breath.
He stops and looks at the damaged chute, “If you want to me to repair that thing don’t try asking, just saying that now.”

Some distance behind them, the Proto Drake stealthfully watches the traveling group from the rooftops, making sure to not step on any webs and keeping itself and hidden as possible.

“Death, decay, countless years of abandonment. The usual.” Lync casts a quick look around. “Just stay quiet, okay? If we get the attention of the Rahi we’re going to be the things rotting in the canal.”

1 Like

“Y’mean it’s empty currently?” Halmos grumbled. “There’s enough putrid fumes here to turn the sky black.”

He cast a wary eye around at the rooftops while still covering the general location of his nose, unable to actually stop the smell. I hate it when other people are right and I’m not. It’s demoralizing.

2 Likes

Pakiki looked back when he heard Voyo’s scream, but continued to walk with the group. He was becoming increasingly more worried about the wellbeing of his companions.

At least I get to travel around Metru Nui. That’s what I’ve always wanted. The thrill of adventure and doscovery

Pakiki tried to reassure himself, but dark thoughts remained in the back of his head.

Master always told me not to do dangerous things. I can’t go back and try to save them now.

Voyo turned back into the squishy form, in immense pain. " PAKIKI! WELDVO! ANYONE HELP! IVE BEEN HIT BY THE SPINNER- AAAUUGGHHH" He screamed.

Voyo finds that the Rhotuka of the Boggarak does not cause him to become squishy. No, that power belonged to the Hordika Keras and the Boggarak had a far more terrifying power. If it had so chosen, the little Matoran would have had all the liquid molecules torn out of him, causing to crumble to dust.

But lucky for him, it only used its paralyzing spinner. He collapses to the ground, unable to move and barely even able to call for help. The Visorak then jumps down and moves to be on top of Voyo, readying to wrap him up in webs.

@Cordax

At this close of a range, the blast burns through enough of the wolf that it is unable to duplicate. It perishes, leaving the Vahki to decide if it want to go to the lighthouse and check on the sounds of conflict in there or to go towards the feeding center and stop the Visorak approaching a downed Matoran.

@ProfSrlojohn

Tar’s ingenuity is quick successful and all the wolves attempting to climb up get stuck to the wall. They struggle to get out, but their anguished cries only attract other nearby mutants. Some Hordika Keras rises of the water and partially climb the tower, firing their spinners and snagging the wolves. Ripping their softened forms to shreds and feeding on the pulled meats.

They don’t seem to notice the Matoran yet. They can probably get away if they leave them to munch on the wolves.

@1000Purse30 @Eilrach @keiththelegokid

The Proto Drake doesn’t attract any attention yet, but it knows there is danger ahead. The chutes may have stopped working and long abandoned by Matoran life, but they weren’t abandoned by the spiders. That traveling tube was a trap, waiting for victims to come close enough.

@Spawner

OOC: Going to wait for Kirathel to respond first before anything else with the traveling Matoran group. Feel free to continue conversation and actions for those in that section.

1 Like

Gatora went silent and quickly looked for an exit to the building that didn’t look to have some sort of dangerous Rahi on the outside. She then dashed over and grabbed her old disk and darted out of the exit pell-mell, looking about to make sure there wasn’t some sort of trap on the other side.

Tar leaps in joy and fist pumps the air. Just as he was about let out a loud cheer, he gets interrupted by the sounds of spinners striking the kavinika. With the mood dead, though not as dead as though wolves, Tar realizes there’s no time to spare and the group must avoid whatever turned the predators into prey. He picks up the remaining canisters and the sphere that he had taken out and placed them in his bag. The feeling of his bag back on his, well, back was comforting, it was there the moment he woke up, the last thing he remembered.

Vergil looks around as they walk, looking a bit paler after noticing the scent but otherwise not outwardly reacting. “Later maybe,” she mutter. “Maybe they’ll be fine. There was a lot of them, and they had that machine being with them.”

She doesn’t sound that convinced.

1 Like

“Alright, I don’t know/think about you guys, but imma head out of here, ever quick” derk says to the other matoran in the room, he walks over to one side of the building looking for a way out

For @ajtazt only

Summary

“Ugh” kibal mutters to him self as he tries in vain to move and open his eyes “Where, where am I?” He asks to the voice he had heard

2 Likes

“My widget’s on the giant mutant dogs” Halmos mumbled before looking around in concern as he didn’t actually mean to say that out loud.

Alright, what is a widget?

“I think we should head for the feeding center and meet up with the others. Maybe we can find the robot… or your friend… Kib- Kibal was his name, right?”