Found In Webs: RPG (CLOSED)

She glances over it at first, but quickly double-takes. Without a word she begins to approach it, creeping up on the body as if she expects it to notice that she’s there.

1 Like

Derk slowly slides from the “ pod” he found himself in, strangely the feeling of waking up in a dark room felt familiar to him, but where was he? who was he? He inspected the pod looking thing he had came out of it looked to be made of- “Serk, my name is serk, why is my name serk, wait no it’s derk” he quietly muttered to him self “ok I’m trapped in a dark tall building, with some other Matoran, alright I got the basics” across the room a ta Matoran leaps from the same type of pod thing and then starts asking questions very similar to derks own “ I guess we are all having the same thoughts and feelings of confusion?”

2 Likes

Halmos gives a blunt glare in response. “Pakiki?”

The room seemed to corroborate her story. The architecture was decidedly Ga-Metru. Upon following her gaze he jumps slightly at the sight of the body, pauses, and begins to walk over with a nonchalant interest.

From the back of the room near his pod, Weldvo watches as everyone looks towards and moves to the center of the room with various expressions. “What did you guys find something? A clue perhaps?”

He grabs all of his stuff and runs toward the center, only to stop in tracks as when he notices the body, which he was almost right on top over. “Ooh, oh dear. This still counts as a clue, right…right?” He saids, voice stuttering at the end.

Derk takes out his trench coat from the metal pod, puts it on and turns around when he sees a body lying up against a device “ooh, he doesn’t look to good/heathy” he grumbles

2 Likes

@Atobe_Brick Pakiki may find by examining the pods that they’re fairly simple devices. Something used to contain and hold some sort of object or thing…or perhaps people it would seem, as everyone was coming out of them. And there is minor evidence left of some type of stasis gas, with small devices to create and pump the stuff inside. Though not more could be found from the pods, aside from others who may not have woken up yet.

@rainsong @Kirathel @Ghid @Spawner @Eilrach

The body does not move upon approaching, thankfully. Though now with a better view, it looked like it was a Matoran. Or at least, a Matoran with a build they used to have, only with some minor differences. Like its mask, its design was unusual and certainly different from what everyone else in the room was wearing.

The mask and the body’s armor colors looks as though they used to be purple and black, but it has been discolored by burns. Any muscle and organic parts the body once had all rotted away to time. Though small, heavily charred pieces still cling to the bones. Based on the consistency of this burn, perhaps suffered a power surge of some sort. It definitely didn’t look fire based. Whatever caused it, appears to have also caused the back of the head to explode open. He wasn’t getting revived any time soon.

Looking at the body, some may notice how it’s laying on the device. It appears to have been operating it before death. Whoever this was did not point it out to the nearby silver sea, but inwards. Towards the city and up to to the sky’s red sun.

1 Like

Lync grimaces at the corpse. Something was odd about it… she’d file that away for later. In the meantime, she tries to give the corpse a gentle shove off of the machine, trying to get a better look at whatever it was.

“Hey, anybody recognize this piece of junk? Looks like our friend here died using it, might be important.”

They would be interrupted by a knock from outside the room.

“He-hello?” a female voice said, “I heard voices, is everyone alright?”

A comparatively tall ga-matoran entered the room, the strange, spikey shape of her Crast, combined with her spear give off a somewhat intimidating aura.

“Oh! Finally, someone else in this place! I’ve been alone for so long!”

Lync glances up at the newcomer, eyes squinted through her Komau.

“Saying we’re ‘alright’ might be a stretch. How long have you been here?” Lync thumbs through the Kanoka in her hands.

“Here specifically? Or just awake? I woke up in the coliseum, and made my way here to ga-metru, came to this… lighthouse I think? Because I heard voices.”

“I see. Did the coliseum look as dreadful as it does here?”

“If you remember which direction you came from, and if I’m correct in thinking that this is Ga-Metru, I can make a map of the island, and we can decide on where to go next. Perhaps the Miners in Onu-Metru were safe from whatever happened. Or maybe the scholars of Ko-Metru, if they are still… alive… can tell us what happened.”

“Alright, that sounds like a plan,” Said Weldvo. “Though, if the two people that seem to remember the most don’t how what happened, then we might be in more trouble than we realize.”

He starts to walk back towards his pod, then turns around and points at Efari, “Hey you. Since you have been out there for a bit, just how is it like out there? Anything dangerous that you know about?”

Halmos sighed upon close inspection of the tissue. How utterly disappointing. Nothing to dissect, only metal.

“Please tell me there aren’t any giant spiders…” Halmos muttered sarcastically.

The corpse slides off with a muffled thud. The device would be more recognizable to Ga-Matoran, as it was a light beacon. Or was a light beacon, seems some modifications were made, but the adjusting dials gave little indication as to what was being increased.

Pakiki collects some of the gas in a test tube. He also takes some of the green webs that are scattered around the area. Pakiki then jots down some notes in his journal.

“Oh uh… well… a lot. There’s a lot more rahi, may have been an Archives breakout? And there’s not just normal rahi, a bunch of weird abnormal versions of them, bigger, stronger, meaner too, maybe from some mutagen, escaping from the labs? but that wouldn’t explain why they’re near the Colosseum too. And there’s these new spider rahi… things? They don’t act like normal rahi, and they seem obsessed with grabbing rahi, can’t say why.” she explained, "So uhh… yeah, it’s not the nicest out there, not to mention the city is in ruins and totally abandoned.

“That’s exactly what I wanted to hear,” Lync grumbles. “Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the apocalypse.” She leaves the machine alone, crossing the room and pushing past the strange Ga-Matoran to get through the door.

“Well do you have any idea/concept how this came to be?” Derk asks

2 Likes

“N-not really, I don’t remember much from before I woke up at all, a few snippets here and there, but something Big must have happened.”

“You don’t say…” grumbles derk “anyways my name is Derkdekins, but most people speak/call me Derk”

2 Likes