Found In Webs: Sign up/Discussion Topic (CLOSED)

Just a few small questions, would the Matoran have a Metru nui Matoran build or would they be slightly deformed? and how many Matoran can I make?

1 Like

The Matoran would be in their diminished/Mctoran forms, or deformed I suppose, as a result of being in Matoran Pods. As for how many, one for now but more can be added later.

Though how many Matoran were you thinking of making?

1 Like

Iā€™m not really too fond of a Vahki character in a primarily Matoran RP, as not only would it severely overpower all other characters, but thereā€™s a really good chance that after whatā€™s happened most of them are going to try and kill it.

Anyhoo, time for my next character which I said would come after the RP started but Iā€™m too lame to wait.

Name: Eldos
Species: Matoran
Element: Earth
Kanohi: Great Mask of Elemental Energy
Appearance: One of the first Matoran to enter the capsules, Eldos has suffered the most from the effects of being crushed down into a tinier form. In spite of this, however, his bearing has always been that of a leader. The simple robe which adorned his shoulders, with striking similarities to that of Turaga Dumeā€™s, reflects the position he held in the past - that of a respected public figure. His deep, resonating voice manages to give even his tiny figure a sense of overwhelming importance.
His powerless mask is black as is most of his body, with highlights of silver here and there scattered across his armor. The robes are purple with a metallic sheen.
Powers and Weapons: Eldos always carries a small ice pick and a coil of rope whenever possible. He claims it is for the purpose of an intended visit to Ko-Metru ā€˜one of these daysā€™, but he carries it to help stave off his fear of heights. Due to his diminutive form he has less strength than most, and thus relies on his speech to win others to his side.
Personality: Eldos is a selfless public figure, with an iron resolve and an uncrushable courageā€¦ Unless heā€™s standing high above the ground. Heā€™s likely to take on tasks he has no physical way of completing, simply because he refuses to accept he canā€™t. Previously a head above other Matoran, Eldos would glare uncompromising stares into the eyes of his opponents, both on and off the podium, and gained a reputation for being a stubborn and incorruptible speaker. His clear mind and unbroken resolve is his crutch; should anything happen to blur his judgement or crack his determination, he wouldnā€™t last very long.
Background: Proving at once to be an exceptional leader, Eldos was placed in charge of many minor archive projects simultaneously, all of which he multitasked with incredible finesse. He rose from one position to the next, and even in the middle of the Matoran Civil War, the desperate call to action only furthered his prowess. Refusing to accept any greater position than the spokesperson of the working man, Eldos fought for - or more accurately, spoke into existence - better working conditions for the archives employees, and was easily established as a public defender of sorts, often getting the distinguished honor of speaking to the Toa protectors of the city on numerous occasions.

However, public service was his life - Eldos had practically no friends, simple lodgings, and sought no position aside from which he had already attained. Often his term of service would end, and he would give such a powerful farewell speech that typical procedure was overruled and he was welcomed in for another term. This abnormal life didnā€™t seem to bother him, but it made him ultimately naive to events not connected with his own affairs - when the Vahki began rounding up Matoran, he went without question, lecturing the Vahki all the way to the pod about labor unions, the free speech of the people, accountability in sections of government both great and small, recent actions by Dume that seemed unbefitting, the disappearance of many of the Toa Mangai necessitating the swifter action of Vahki in patrolling the borderā€¦

When he awoke, he was not allowed the good grace of making an arrival speech. His pod cracked open and practically dumped him onto the pavement below where it hung, tangled in a massive Visorak web. A lone Boggarak spotted him and gave chase, a severe misfire of its first Rhotuka proving just how deadly the spiders could be. There was a tangle over a dangerous outcrop, and thanks to his diminutive stature - and a great helping of luck - the Boggarak was leveraged over the chasm and unceremoniously dropped in. The location reinstilled the terror of heights Eldos possessed, and thanks to his lack of combat experience he had failed to stop the Visorakā€™s pincer from slicing part of his skin open, leaking an unknown amount of the mutating venom into his bloodstream. How long will he remain the incorruptible leader, after he is turned into a Hordika Matoran?

3 Likes

Character is approved. Though I wouldnā€™t worry too much about the Vahki overpowering, I have things taken into account for them. Wouldnā€™t have let them be an option otherwise. I doubt weā€™ll have that many Vahki players anyways.

1 Like

Name: Derkdekins nickname derk
Element: air
Kanohi: Dark green powerless Great Mahiki
Appearance: Dark green and black with larger fingers, doesnā€™t have the best posture, wears a dark gray trench coat
Powers and Weapons: always carryā€™s a miniaturised Ga Metru disk (it can enlarge itself) in his trench coat
Personality: good at problem solving, if he tried and didnā€™t always go with guess and check, lazy unless it effects him personally, decently friendly towards most people, rather nosy and a bit of a fly on the wall which explains his ā€œpart timeā€ job of being a detective, he finds him self waking up in alleyways more times than he would like.
Background: migrated to Metru nui from the northern continent to get a change of scenery, once he arrived he traveled to Le Metru and brought a home on the border of Le Metru and Ko Metru. flunked flight school and got a job in the post service. He got the nickname of cable fingers here, because his job meant that he would go over the whole island, this is were he first started to get really nosy, even to the point of open letters and packages to see the contents of them (prior to being put inside a Matoran sphere his boss was considering firing him), this lead to him making his part time job a small detective business, in his many years of doing so he solved a grand total of three cases.

4 Likes

Character is approved.

Aye. It requires you to think in binary constantly. Thereā€™s no in-betweens on anything (at least, pre-damage anyway, but that will take while) As for attacking on sight? Iā€™ve got a plan for that.

Wait, are we starting in the lighthouse, or in the Collosseum?

Inside a lighthouse in Ga-Metru, not far from a Matoran Feeding Point.

Okay, thatā€™s what confused me, I thought all the pods were located in the Collossuem?

Because if not Iā€™ll have to rework her backstory, because it was written as if they left the pods first, then went to the lighthouse.

Name: Lync
Element: Air

Kanohi: A Noble Komau
Appearance: On the smaller side, with primarily light grey armor accented with dark green.

Weapons: A trio of Kanoka discs: a Le-Metru teleport disc of moderate power (584; to make her problems go away); a Le-Metru freezing disc of high power (525, to let her get away from her problems); and a Ta-Metru reconstitutes at random disc of moderate power (114; to give her problems their own problems).
Skills: She has a knack for understanding and remembering locations and directions, and is skilled at free-running, her preferred form of transportation.

Background/Personality: Lync spent many years as a courier, ferrying small goods and information across the cityā€¦ not that she remembers it. She was the sort of person that everyone knew, but not well: cheerful and quick to trade banter, but always gone before any real conversation could begin. Due to her unusual and irregular travel plans, she was often mistaken by the Vahki as being off-task and needing in discipline. She learned to avoid them when possible, and outrun them when not.

2 Likes

@ProfSrlojohn ā€œHow you got so far from the Coliseum is currently unknown.ā€

Right, normally thatā€™s where it should be located. But thatā€™s one of the gameā€™s mysteries, somehow several Matoran Pods got inside this lighthouse in Ga-Metru. The game starts in the Prologue, everyone is just starting to wake up.

I figured from your background that the character just managed to wake up a bit sooner than the rest of the main cast. Then retreated back when it proved too dangerous.

@rainsong Character is approved.

1 Like

I suppose that works.

Name: kibal
Element: Stone
Kanohi: powerless grey Akaku
Appearance: Looks like a squished downwards Metru nui Matoran with sand coloured arms and legs with brown feet and hands, has a grey torso
Powers and Weapons: carries a engraving tool and a dust mask (a piece of cloth)
Personality: Very quiet, speaks only when spoken to, and when the situation is dire, not very creative on the outward appearance but he is but he just keeps it to him self, is a little bit clumsy.
Background: Native to Metru nui he worked in the sculpture business, till the day of his unfortunate incident were he fell of a sculpture and severely damaged his legs and mouth piece, he was mostly fixed but he still has a limp and a speech impediment, which robed him of his confidence of speech, so he became a little bit of a loner and stayed away from most Matoran
Hope I can still enter this character if not that ok

3 Likes

Secondary character is approved. Do you plan on him appearing now or later in the game?

I could make him appear now do think that would work?

1 Like

I suppose it would be fine.

Mind if I hop in?

Name: Kanaku
Element: Fire
Kanohi: Noble Ruru
Appearance: mostly dark red and grey color scheme. Thin, diminished metru-toran body with a slouched posture. Carries a backpack almost as tall as himself, Kanaku becomes indistinguishable when facing backwards.
Powers and Weapons: carries a modified firestaff, capable of retracting into a more compact state, though unable to release large bursts of light normally. Stores a reasonable amount of containers filled with adhesive as well as a pair of goggles in his bag.
Personality: a bit of an oddball, though not necessarily introverted. Uses unorthodox methods of defending himself and favors functionality over presentation when it comes to forging.
Background: like many ta-matorans from Metru Nui, Kanaku worked in the forges, though he was known for his sloppy craftsmanship. Whenever he stepped outside his forge, heā€™d carry his excessively large bag filled with items just incase

3 Likes

Character is approved, welcome aboard.

I am so confused what is Voyo doing

Also @Cordax itā€™s common courtesy to not repeatedly edit your post after you post it, so focus on writing it good and getting everything in before you send it, rather than bluring it out and then changing it potentially in the middle of someone elseā€™s response

there are other issues like formatting and putting sentences inside quotes, but thatā€™s the major one right now

2 Likes

Ok. Iā€™ll try to stop constantly editing all of my posts.