Fulgur, Toa of Lightning

Fulgur is a rather hot-headed Toa of Lightning. She is a very talented fighter, as she had trained her entire life as a Matoran to become the greatest warrior in the entire Matoran universe, and becoming a Toa took her one step closer to that goal. She also is the leader of her Toa team, but refuses to take advise from her fellow Toa and often makes poor decisions because of that and her act-now-think-later way of doing things. Her weapons include a long blade, a smaller blade and a Zamor sphere launcher, and her mask is a Kanohi Arthron.

Talking about the MOC itself, I used a lot of system parts due to not owning many blue or white Bionicle pieces, and I think it turned out somewhat decent.

Anyways, feel free to leave your thoughts on her!

24 Likes

I really like the moc, it’s just that her arms are too long

1 Like

I agree lol… I just don’t currently have any pieces to make them shorter

1 Like

You don’t always need that many tires.

Ah yes, I think I went a bit overboard with those… though she looks very gappy without them

1 Like

Lets start with the torso, It doesn’t really have a good flow to it, just has a lot of stuff going off any which way, the hip is a build that I really wouldn’t recommend, it looks really awkward and somewhat limit articulation.
The lower legs are actually a pretty nice way to use those HF legs, just polish that area up a bit.
The arms are too long and that’s an issue with the upper arm, the lower arm simply has to be that short to accommodate it.

To bricklink!

*her

That’s all the CC I got for this, sorry I don’t have much positive to say.

3 Likes

I do not like that hip build. It just looks awkward.

2 Likes

I’ll try to fix some of those soon, thanks for the CC!

This is really cool! you are good at using system in constraction, and that is something not so much people can do! Good job!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I think the arms are fine in terms of length. These aren’t humans, and Bionicle has had the Toa have arms just as long as their legs since 2001, to the point of using the same pieces for Tahu’s legs and left arm. A Toa having arms that hang down near to their knees is basically a standard feature.

1 Like

You can never have to many tires, just wait till I post some of my newer mocs.

1 Like

Does this torso look any better? And I also changed the hips. (Sorry for the bad photo quality)

3 Likes

A little, the main issue is that it’s hard to work around system like this and make a humanoid shape, but there’s not much you can do since you said you don’t have much blue or white.

1 Like

Indeed.

I like it. The hips are less awkward now.

1 Like