G1 BIONICLE References in Pop Culture

I NEVER KNEW ABOUT THESE

• Friends – in several episodes, the 2001 Toa Mata sets in the combiner Toa Kaita forms can be seen sporadically in Joey and Chandler’s apartment.
  • Even Stevens – in one episode, Louis and Beans play with a few of the 2001 Toa Mata and 2002 Bohrok sets.
  • Malcolm in the Middle – in the episode “If Boys Were Girls”, Dewey plays with a few of the 2001 Toa Mata sets.
  • The King of Queens - in the episode “Friender Bender”, the 2001 Toa Mata sets can be seen in the toy store where Doug and Carry are buying toys for Deacon’s son.
  • Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles – in the episode “To the Lighthouse”, John Henry plays with a few of the 2008 Mistika sets along with a Lego construct of Mount Valmai. The 2006 story is also discussed. In the later episode “The Good Wound”, Henry plays with the sets again. He also says “I wish to know, why [God] didn’t use more ball-and-socket joints when he made you.”, referring to the Bionicle building system.
  • Suburgatory – in the episode “Victor Ha”, Tessa finds her adopted brother hiding a 2010 Stars set. The 2008 story is also discussed.
  • Clangers – in the episode “Small’s New Star”, a couple of Bionicle set parts are present among the junk in the Iron Chicken’s nest.
I didn’t include The LEGO Movie since everyone knows about that one.

Source: Wikipedia (the Bionicle page is surprisingly well-written & well-researched :stuck_out_tongue:)

Have any of you seen any of these references before? And did Wikipedia forget one?

11 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: BIONICLE cameos in non-BIONICLE related stuff!

We’ve already got a topic for this sort of stuff:

4 Likes