G2 Lhikan

I am proud to present my old rendition of G2 Toa Lhikan. He definitely deserves a revamp, with some Brickonicle building techniques to fix the gaps. but coming from no prior knowledge or much experimentation of building techniques, it worked out well.
For those of you who can’t stomach colored parts, I suggest turning away. Because there are a lot of them. And for those of you wondering how I got the coloring near perfect, a bronze sharpie with several coats was the answer. The ink itself has a bit of a texture, but doesn’t stay on smooth surfaces without a few coats. On to the main event!

I don’t edit any pictures, so I was surprised to see the way this particular picture turned out, even with the same lighting. I liked it a lot.

Side view. This moc is fairly tall, taller than I planned making Arannus as a titan. Nothing fancy, except for the simple custom torso, which you will see soon.

Back. Armored up quite effectively. The side armor is attached to a protector body, and the Furno chest armor is held on by technic pins+ a t-bar. The gearbox works quite well.

Here’s a better view of the custom torso. It’s basically a protector torso and an Inika waist attached by a 5-length red technic beam. I also like how well the Furno armor slopes into the bottom.

An uncovered look at the front. The chest is held on by pure, strong, friction, nothing else. Why? I couldn’t find a better solution. I’m just glad it didn’tfall out in its own.

A look at the simple chest piece, to show it was not modded to fit. You can see the friction has worn some of the marker off.

Here’s a custom limb. This idea started when I wanted 2 CCBS armor pieces, 1 on each side. The only way to do this was with a grey lightsaber piece+ a technic bushing. Then I ended the upper limb with a ball joint and original Lhikan armor, topped by a Keetongu hand thingy.

A closer view of how the leg is created/attached. I may do a how-to for this guy, if people want it. I added more coats to this piece later, since you can see it beginning to rub off already.

My favorite part about this moc: THE SWORDS! I bronzified my original Kopaka Master of Ice swords and added the flame pieces.

Not the easiest pose due to his custom upper legs.

A cool pose of him blocking with his swords.

That’s all for this moc. Currently, I have four more mocs left to post here. I’ll let you guys comment on what you want me to post next. Should it be someone on the Board’s self-moc, or an actual Lego microbuild?

Until tomorrow, don’t forget to have a great day. I look forward to taking more time out of my day to check out the amazing creations here when I’m done making moc posts.

EDIT: Still waiting for a comment to tell me what I should post.

11 Likes

He is a bit to bulky in my opinion, and could use slightly less height.

2 Likes

It just looks weird and bulky for me…

2 Likes

As others have said, he really feels like you added bulk for the sake of adding bulk. The shoulders are far too high for correct proportions, and the armor really does not flow well together. I can’t say that I like the use of G1 pieces either, given how they provide a clashing aesthetic. Not to mention having standard CCBS feet placed directly on top of the clawed Inika foot piece is jarring and goofy-looking. At the very least I can tell that this is supposed to be Lhikan without being told, and your paint-jobs look nice, as far as I can tell.

1 Like

Well, you are entitled to your opinion. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes