G2 Takanuva MOC

Totally new here.
I recently made this G2 styled Takanuva MOC and submitted it to a MOC contest that took place at a MosBio convention. Was extremely surprised I won, since I personally think its utter garbage, but my friends actually encouraged me to post it here.
Its actually my third MOC ever. Not counting CCBS Okotans.
I know that there are much greater versions of Takanuva out there. Especially god-like Sigma Takanuva. However, the problem is that I wanted my version to fit in with G2’s wave of Uniters stylistically, yet not being reduced to simple CCBS.
Though the majority of people made Takanuva overly bulky, I tried sticking to his Toa Nuva-Esque/Movie design. His build is quite simple, but it still took a toll on my technic pieces. The original print was removed with a simple eraser and replaced with some blank white stickers.
You can say this MOC was also sort of my response to Ekimu being promoted to TOA OF LIGHT status. I simply disagree with this decision.
My friend edited some of the pictures since he promised me to make a light gold Avohkii custom, but wasn’t able to finish it before the convention’s administrators had to add him to the gallery. Thankfully, he did finish the custom, but I am still using previous photos since my camera was trashed.
Here are some photos:
Neutral stance.

You can clip his staff to his back.

What I hoped 2017 might have been.

Hope to hear your opinions on my MOC. Frankly, I expect them to be quite negative.

132 Likes

This looks really good. I feel like your interpretation of the character really fits in well with the aesthetic that G2 had. The stickers work well, though they lack the detail of the original decals, which is understandable.
Good job :+1:

7 Likes

This MOC is really nice. Good colours , like the 2001 Takanuva. He looks like the other 2016 toa. And nice Makuta. Yeah Kraakan is looking good on model.

4 Likes

This looks great! I really like the overall aesthetic, and that staff is simply magnificent. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I think this captures the look of the character well and translates him well into a G2 aesthetic. The shoulder region looks a little odd with the crystal piece and Nuva shoulder pads next to each other, but great job otherwise.

2 Likes

This is an amazing Takanuva. It fits in with the uniters perfectly and it is still recognizable as the 2003 toa of light. Although, the lower legs look slightly off. It also might need a tad bit more white in the upper chest.

1 Like

You don’t give yourself enough credit. This is a great MOC! It’s a nice update to the character and fits the G2 aesthetic perfectly.

4 Likes

Actually, I really like this. It’s pretty much a perfect G2 Takanuva. The color scheme is appropriate (I love the custom chest piece), and I really like the custom limbs you were able to design, while still making it look like it belonged in G2. The weapons is really cool too. I just really like the model. The only thing I wonder about is the gear on the lower torso, but that’s a really minor thing.

The Makuta model is excellent as well. I have to say, I would have been on board with your vision of G2 2017. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Now this is EPIC!!! Easily one of the best sorta simplish yet effective designs I´ve seen yet. This looks like an actual set- no, better than that!

This should´ve been in G2!

1 Like

Beautiful I love how well the nuva shoulders work on him. I wish this was a official set!

1 Like

This is probably one of the best G2 Takanuva mocs I’ve ever seen!

1 Like

The amount of complexity beneath the ccbs shell is noticeable and it works well.
I question the light grey gear for the crotch, but the placement of the G1 armor is well executed.

2 Likes

Funny joke.

I love the painted torso here and I also love how smooth and clean everything here is.

1 Like

This is awesome.
Really well done.

1 Like

Amazing work, this he looks awesome! I like the mix of CCBS and old Bionicle armor pieces.

1 Like

Firstly, welcome to the Message Boards.

Secondly, one of the best Takanuva mocs I’ve ever seen. The white and gold colour scheme is sadly forgotten when most people make Takanuva mocs so I’m really glad you kept it. The custom chest stickers look great and I can definitely say this looks like a G2 Takanuva. I think you need to give yourself more credit because this guy’s amazing. The staff looks really good and fits him well. Only thing I’m not feeling is the white armor on the top of his legs, kinda sticks out because all the other white is mainly covered up by gold while still being partially visible.

Yo, actually a big fan. Really cool.

3 Likes

Hm. It looks good at first glance, but I think it could be more subtle. Gold can be a bit jarring in large quantities.

That looks amazing.

1 Like

Since I am a new user I was unable to upload more than 3 pictures, so here are the rest.

You can clip Agil to his arm. He actually fits Takanuva’s color scheme a bit better than Ekimu’s.

Another Neutral Pose.

An obvious scene, Kudos to my friend for making Jaller’s mask and armor yellow.

Just as a bonus a funny pic taken at the convention.:middle_finger:

23 Likes

Great extra pictures, too. I really like the Jaller figure as well.

2 Likes