G3 Story Pitch: Year 3 Plot: Awaken Ekimu

To be honest, we could just merge the concept of Visorak and Skull Spiders and have them be used as differing names.

3 Likes

skull spiders - Smaller or maybe baby spiders
visorak - Adult spiders

i mean they both have four limbs, two eyes and all that. So it would not be hard to maybe even say that they are of the same species.

heck, maybe the smaller spider’s as a way to defend themself against larger creatures when the adult spiders are not around, can latch onto the creature’s face and take control over them like a parasite.

2 Likes

I know I am late to the party, but one thing I really like is that Ekimu himself never fights Makuta.
I remember that the TTV cast wanted to make Ekimu morally ambiguous. It would be interesting to see the Toa expect him to fight his brother directly, when all he does is just annoy him or hinder him but not really stop him.

I think he would distance himself from his creations to see how they fare against the wall that is his brother. It would also justify why he is so unhelpful, giving the Toa the keys to higher power so they can barely match their opponents. Revealing little by little the secrets he knows.

So, it would explain why he does not really give them access to the OP stuff from the get go, and also allow for some contradictions like new people using the things without the “prerequisites”. Fans might even think it was a mistake until we reveal what Ekimu actually thinks of his creation.

3 Likes

I think what we do is we have the Skull spiders are the overall species and the “uber” of the species are the visorak.

3 Likes

Funny, that’s exactly what I was thinking! :laughing:

Not too sure yet, I’m not familiar with your version of Roodaka, but it’d be cool to introduce the two into the story.

I’m imagining him as what G1 Sidorak should have been: a cunning military warrior with an unwavering command over his army. I think his title should be Sidorak, The Lord of Skull Spiders, though. Maybe he can power up and merge with an elite Visorak (maybe his own personal pet, Voporak).

I do like the idea, but I’m still a little wary of it. I don’t think so many individuals should be from Mangai and have their names be portmanteaus. I did read a bit of The Legend of Vakama, and I know he has that going on, but I don’t know about everyone. It might muddy up the lore a little, there being so many different tribe suffixes.

Could he possible be from another land? I’m not up to speed on TTV’s status with there being other islands. I think it’d add to the mystery a lot more, and frankly, having every single threat the Toa face be domestic seems really odd to me. Like, the island can’t possible house this many factions is what my mind tells me.

Of course, everything here is flexible. I’m going to work a bit on a version of this pitch to put out there.

3 Likes

I think the other issue with the “Knights of Rak” idea is that it may require introducing too many peripheral characters if we have a Ropor, Boga, Oohno, Vohta, Suuko, Keelar, and possibly a Kahga if we include the elite breed. To give a rough idea of what I envisioned a Knight of Rak to look like, imagine something like the old Visorak Halloween costume, but redesigned to look more formidable (Likewise, I also had a sketch attempt where I attempted to make the “Makooti” mask into something that looked intimidating)

I think it would be an interesting idea for Voporak to exist as a pet…maybe he was once his teacher whom he had turned over to Roodaka once he had no further use for him? Then in a karmic twist Voporak fused with Sidorak when he commanded Roodaka to give him more power. I envision Roodaka in this continuity as a Morgan Le Fay-esque character. Your wish is her command, but you must be very careful concerning exact words

I toyed around with the idea of having Matoran coming from other lands before it was established that there are no other islands in canon. Initially they were Pirates trying to appease Tren Krom by sacrificing land masses that they would lay anchor on and pillage. Maybe we could rework ideas from this pitch to rely on the Visorak instead?

3 Likes

Wait, these were a thing?

2 Likes

well no the Piraka are already Dark Hunters and I actually have another idea for Visorak so skull spiders are great

Well, anyone can make pitches, we can have different Visorak ideas.

Yea, I think that’d be a little much. I imagine they’d just be a stronger breed of Skull Spider, collectively called Visorak, and each has the name of the original Visorak breed. So there will only be 6 Visorak, and each will be more akin to LoSS from G2 than a Visorak from G1.

Please. I need that in my life.

Hmm, or maybe Voporak was the original (and natural) leader of the hoard? Then Sidorak conquered him and made him his pet. I do like the idea of Roodaka using her mutation powers to fuse the two, though, that’s really cool.

I am 100% down for this! Great idea!

We could, yea, that’s basically the Visorak from G1, so it works. I feel like we should break a few rules, though, I don’t really think it’s viable to have every villain in the series based on the same island.

Maybe Karzahni secretly made other islands with other, more destructive lifeforms like the Skull Spiders?

Plus, really? A whole planet with only one island? Seems highly unlikely to me.

3 Likes

i made a pitch last year that was about there being other islands beyond the borders of Artakha.

Many of the characters you all have plans to introduce as matorans, i have thought about introducing as the main players of a massive war that is still happening while the events of G3’s three years were going on.

Before the three brothers created the island of Artakha, Mata Nui had created the world and filled it with many variations of creatures and intelligent life. These includes the Vortixx, the Skrall, the Mahri (what i am calling the Barraki’s species), the Elementals (who later de-evolved into the Elemental beasts) and more. many of these races forged empirers after the three brothers put Mata Nui into his eternal slumber and have since then been fighting amongs each others in order to gain supremacy over the world.

If any of you wish to discuss my idea of this, please give give your own take and feedback in the topic i have linked.

also, just a side note, another one of my ideas is that there excist no Matorans outside the island of Artakha, Matorans are unique to the island because they are one of the few creatures who are able to control elemental energy and the only species who can become a Toa. Plus the fact that they were created by the three brothers and not by Mata Nui.

3 Likes

Ok so we’ll have the common Skull spider and the Visorak as their elites, such as the skull basher and skull slicer, if we want to go into detail on them, they’re just evolved Skull spiders or skull spiders who possessed/mutated matoran.

We all need more Makooti… Swiggity Swooty

That makes sense since Roodaka would have access to fusion powers from antidermis.

Let’s be real, in the end of the first 3 years, we can start hinting at other islands, the skull spiders don’t have to be native and of course Karzahni.

I agree but I feel like this should be after year 3, we’ve got a lot on Arthaka and we don’t want to leave it too quickly.[quote=“DarkHenrik, post:20, topic:44319”]

Before the three brothers created the island of Artakha, Mata Nui had created the world and filled it with many variations of creatures and intelligent life. These includes the Vortixx, the Skrall, the Mahri (what i am calling the Barraki’s species), the Elementals (who later de-evolved into the Elemental beasts) and more. many of these races forged empirers after the three brothers put Mata Nui into his eternal slumber and have since then been fighting amongs each others in order to gain supremacy over the world.
[/quote]

Interesting potential plots.

4 Likes

Not going to lie, the plot thread involving Visorak being Skull-spiders forcibly fused to Matoran makes me think of Brother Eye transforming superheroes into an army of Cyborg Bugs in DC’s The New 52" Earth’s End.

Would I be right to assume that such a process would override the victim’s higher mental capacities?

2 Likes

Ok I just skimmed the DC wiki for that, essentially yes, I envision that the Skull-spider essentially latches on to a victim in place of a mask and then if they are a visorak spider, they inject the victim with hordika venom, this slowly fuses the spider to the victim and mutates the victim during this process. Once the spider is irremovable the victim’s higher mental capacities are overridden by the spider’s.

3 Likes

building off that idea, @PakariNation99 suggested that maybe Karzahni could’ve created the Skull Spiders …maybe it was an idea he came up with in his insanity to try and undo the Free Will that Ekimu granted to the Matoran and was his way of trying to “devolve them, but the Skull Spider’s mutation powers were some unfortunate side effect? Or perhaps deliberate since Karzahni is insane.

3 Likes

Maybe his way of “rebuilding” and improving them?

2 Likes

well no here’s an idea for the Visorak that goes with @DarkHenriks’ pitch on Barraki and other islands so here it is:

the Visorak are an insectoid race and nobody knows where they came from now the Vortixx want to take over the world as advanced as they are in tech their birth rate is not as fast as some other races like Marhi and Skrall so there’s not enough of them to make an army so queen roodaka took control over the Kahgrahk Nui and uses the Visorak in her conquests. so the ranks are Visorak which are the basic unit and look like their G1 versions these make up a lot of the army then there are the Knights of Rak which are somewhat like the halloween costume these make up another vast portion of the army then there are the Kahgrahk which are like giant Visorak they are the generals and last is the kahgrahk Nui which is the king Visorak .they are millions of them and their strength make them one of the most feared armies of all time

1 Like

The cast have stated that they’d prefer to restrict the number of sapient species; that’s why all of these ideas for the Barraki, the Piraka, the Skrall, and the Rahkshi are all still from the Matoran species.

1 Like

hmm the idea that @DarkHenrik had seemed so cool to me I just had to add my 2 sense
( not critisizing him of course). plus what’s wrong with other races and new islands?

Just from that paragraph alone you typed, the story became ridiculously complex, this was one of the issues with G1 as it neared it’s end, the story became very complex and convoluted to follow.

The barraki are currently not canon, and you’re bringing the vortixx, Mahri, the Skrall as a race out of nowhere. Roodaka has had some pitches in the past (@A2B2C2) but I’m not sure if she fits within this canon, the Kahgrak Nui may be a good idea as a set Rahi though, I’ll give you that.

The better pitch is having the visorak as the “elites” of the skull spiders, their leader being sidorak, this pitch is simpler to implement and for readers or viewers to understand. They could have originated from another island and have been brought to Arthaka by Makuta but it’s best to leave the Vortixx and Mahri out of the Skull spiders for now.

I’ll be updating the main post pitch with the skul-spider/visorak pitch soon.

Edit: @Sanokal is indeed correct that these are not separate species, but factions of Matoran.

Edit: Main Post updated.

4 Likes

i do not agree with the idea of only having the Matoran species be the only species in G3. One problem being why the three brothers then created the Matorans on this island if the species allready excisted every where else.

how does adding a few more species make the story too complex now? One could say the same about Annona and some of the other figures from the past generation being added in, with ideas also from the past generation used as nostalgia points.

personally i am not in agreement with your year 3 pitch, Kardax. Mosly because i have my own ideas for how the third year should go, along with the rest of G3’s stories.

Here are my ideas that i have not talked about much on TTV:

• The rest of the world beyond the island of Artakha.
  • The other gods who were made by Mata Nui.
  • The first species made by Mata Nui: the Skrall, Skakdi, Vortixx, Elementals, Mahri, Kestora and Agori.
  • The fact that Mata Nui’s creations don’t have a true free will, unlike the Matorans.
  • My take on the three brother’s personalities, like Ekimu being pridefull of himself, Makuta being a controll freak and Karzahni suffering from a split personality.
  • The lost seventh city of Artakha, home of the lightning element and it’s many scientific creations.
  • Makuta’s enforcers (which i showed you and a few others not so long ago via Message), who would take the Rahkshi’s place as Makuta’s henchmen. Thus the Rahkshi would either be working with the Toa in year 3 or allready be dead from the events of the Matoran Civil War.
  • Makuta wanting to use the power of the Mask of time to reverse the events that lead to the Matorans getting their free will by Ekimu, and thus allow him to finally dictate what the Matorans shall forever be like without Ekimu getting in his way (this is not so much about time travel as Makuta would just revert the island and it’s inhabitants to what it was before Ekimu’s fatefull action.

@Kardax if you’re interested, we could discuss these ideas we both have via Message.

2 Likes