G3 Story Pitch: Year 3 Plot: Awaken Ekimu

Ok so we’ll have the common Skull spider and the Visorak as their elites, such as the skull basher and skull slicer, if we want to go into detail on them, they’re just evolved Skull spiders or skull spiders who possessed/mutated matoran.

We all need more Makooti… Swiggity Swooty

That makes sense since Roodaka would have access to fusion powers from antidermis.

Let’s be real, in the end of the first 3 years, we can start hinting at other islands, the skull spiders don’t have to be native and of course Karzahni.

I agree but I feel like this should be after year 3, we’ve got a lot on Arthaka and we don’t want to leave it too quickly.[quote=“DarkHenrik, post:20, topic:44319”]

Before the three brothers created the island of Artakha, Mata Nui had created the world and filled it with many variations of creatures and intelligent life. These includes the Vortixx, the Skrall, the Mahri (what i am calling the Barraki’s species), the Elementals (who later de-evolved into the Elemental beasts) and more. many of these races forged empirers after the three brothers put Mata Nui into his eternal slumber and have since then been fighting amongs each others in order to gain supremacy over the world.
[/quote]

Interesting potential plots.

4 Likes

Not going to lie, the plot thread involving Visorak being Skull-spiders forcibly fused to Matoran makes me think of Brother Eye transforming superheroes into an army of Cyborg Bugs in DC’s The New 52" Earth’s End.

Would I be right to assume that such a process would override the victim’s higher mental capacities?

2 Likes

Ok I just skimmed the DC wiki for that, essentially yes, I envision that the Skull-spider essentially latches on to a victim in place of a mask and then if they are a visorak spider, they inject the victim with hordika venom, this slowly fuses the spider to the victim and mutates the victim during this process. Once the spider is irremovable the victim’s higher mental capacities are overridden by the spider’s.

3 Likes

building off that idea, @PakariNation99 suggested that maybe Karzahni could’ve created the Skull Spiders …maybe it was an idea he came up with in his insanity to try and undo the Free Will that Ekimu granted to the Matoran and was his way of trying to “devolve them, but the Skull Spider’s mutation powers were some unfortunate side effect? Or perhaps deliberate since Karzahni is insane.

3 Likes

Maybe his way of “rebuilding” and improving them?

2 Likes

well no here’s an idea for the Visorak that goes with @DarkHenriks’ pitch on Barraki and other islands so here it is:

the Visorak are an insectoid race and nobody knows where they came from now the Vortixx want to take over the world as advanced as they are in tech their birth rate is not as fast as some other races like Marhi and Skrall so there’s not enough of them to make an army so queen roodaka took control over the Kahgrahk Nui and uses the Visorak in her conquests. so the ranks are Visorak which are the basic unit and look like their G1 versions these make up a lot of the army then there are the Knights of Rak which are somewhat like the halloween costume these make up another vast portion of the army then there are the Kahgrahk which are like giant Visorak they are the generals and last is the kahgrahk Nui which is the king Visorak .they are millions of them and their strength make them one of the most feared armies of all time

1 Like

The cast have stated that they’d prefer to restrict the number of sapient species; that’s why all of these ideas for the Barraki, the Piraka, the Skrall, and the Rahkshi are all still from the Matoran species.

1 Like

hmm the idea that @DarkHenrik had seemed so cool to me I just had to add my 2 sense
( not critisizing him of course). plus what’s wrong with other races and new islands?

Just from that paragraph alone you typed, the story became ridiculously complex, this was one of the issues with G1 as it neared it’s end, the story became very complex and convoluted to follow.

The barraki are currently not canon, and you’re bringing the vortixx, Mahri, the Skrall as a race out of nowhere. Roodaka has had some pitches in the past (@A2B2C2) but I’m not sure if she fits within this canon, the Kahgrak Nui may be a good idea as a set Rahi though, I’ll give you that.

The better pitch is having the visorak as the “elites” of the skull spiders, their leader being sidorak, this pitch is simpler to implement and for readers or viewers to understand. They could have originated from another island and have been brought to Arthaka by Makuta but it’s best to leave the Vortixx and Mahri out of the Skull spiders for now.

I’ll be updating the main post pitch with the skul-spider/visorak pitch soon.

Edit: @Sanokal is indeed correct that these are not separate species, but factions of Matoran.

Edit: Main Post updated.

4 Likes

i do not agree with the idea of only having the Matoran species be the only species in G3. One problem being why the three brothers then created the Matorans on this island if the species allready excisted every where else.

how does adding a few more species make the story too complex now? One could say the same about Annona and some of the other figures from the past generation being added in, with ideas also from the past generation used as nostalgia points.

personally i am not in agreement with your year 3 pitch, Kardax. Mosly because i have my own ideas for how the third year should go, along with the rest of G3’s stories.

Here are my ideas that i have not talked about much on TTV:

• The rest of the world beyond the island of Artakha.
  • The other gods who were made by Mata Nui.
  • The first species made by Mata Nui: the Skrall, Skakdi, Vortixx, Elementals, Mahri, Kestora and Agori.
  • The fact that Mata Nui’s creations don’t have a true free will, unlike the Matorans.
  • My take on the three brother’s personalities, like Ekimu being pridefull of himself, Makuta being a controll freak and Karzahni suffering from a split personality.
  • The lost seventh city of Artakha, home of the lightning element and it’s many scientific creations.
  • Makuta’s enforcers (which i showed you and a few others not so long ago via Message), who would take the Rahkshi’s place as Makuta’s henchmen. Thus the Rahkshi would either be working with the Toa in year 3 or allready be dead from the events of the Matoran Civil War.
  • Makuta wanting to use the power of the Mask of time to reverse the events that lead to the Matorans getting their free will by Ekimu, and thus allow him to finally dictate what the Matorans shall forever be like without Ekimu getting in his way (this is not so much about time travel as Makuta would just revert the island and it’s inhabitants to what it was before Ekimu’s fatefull action.

@Kardax if you’re interested, we could discuss these ideas we both have via Message.

2 Likes

ok @DarkHenrik maybe we should work together on a back story concerning the other lands and species. @Kardax I just REALLY liked @A2B2C2s’ knights of rak idea so I tought I would make something for it.

1 Like

@DarkHenrik Yeah I think we’ll need to talk about this in a message to not congest this topic, I like your idea but I question if they need to be part of year 3, the cast preferred having the first 3 years on the main island, that’s all. By all means though message me.

@lordvaldek671 The Visorak Generals can basically be combined with the knights of rak to be honest.

3 Likes

Have some Skull Spider mask concepts I just whipped up. The first is supposed to be based off of Sidorak’s depiction in the Mirimax film minus the “devil horns”. I thought of trying to translate them into pedipalps, but it didn’t look right to me when i started drawing them. The bottom two are based on the Skull Spider Mask in G2, but I tried to give them more “spider” elements with the multiple eyes and pedipalps framing the mouthpiece. Tried to give it a sort of “Man-Spider” feel

3 Likes

I like the look of Sidorak and the first G2 variant, the third design seems interesting, sort of like a mask still being mutated. Perhaps these can be the mask pieces of the Visorak?

3 Likes

The mutated Kanohi more or less sums up what I was going for with the third design, I could see something like that happening, Kanohi fusing to the faces and gaining features like the pedipalps and extra eyes. The first G2 inspired version looks vaguely like a mutated Hau looking back at it, while the second one kind of resembles a mutated Pakari

2 Likes

Maybe something we can work in, I need to finalise the ideas with @DarkHenrik over message but I think the Skull-spider Visorak pith is almost ready for concepts and set ideas.

I’ll probably design a temple or skull-spider attack set in the meantime.

2 Likes

huh I like the skull mask designs and @Kardax I like the skull spider concept. @DarkHenrik well I didn’t mean in year 3 it’s just that you dn’t respond in your Barraki pitch and I actually rather like @Kardaxs’ Skull spider concept(this is about the message you sent me privately.).

1 Like

As far as I’m concerned, this is the pitch I’ll be continuing with for the third year 3, with defense and ambush based sets in the first wave, temple, capture, prison break and confrontation sets in the second wave.

You are welcome to prefer a different pitch or make set concepts for this one but this is the one I’m sticking with.

well I would prefer the G2 LOSS appearance