Game: SHINE (A text-based Super-Hero adventure)

Maybe… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

“You’re jumping at shadows!”
Sure, go for A.

A for sure.

Story: Taylor follows the shadows, trying to make sure she doesn’t glow when being stealthy. As such, she slowly and quietly walks down the hallway in which she saw the shadows. While walking, she took note of all the amazing art in the museum.

Finally, she got to the end. But just as she turned the corner to see who it was, a light flashed into her eyes. “Freeze!” said the security guard, gun in one hand and flashlight in the other. “You’re coming with me, lady.”

Taylor quickly flew her arms up, thinking she shouldn’t fight the authorities. Then again, did she really want to go to jail tonight, disappointing her father?

Options:
A) Go with the security guard.
B) Fight him off
C) Run!

(Note: Be thoughtful of your responses! Think about the options carefully!)

I vote c.

I vote B.

A. Falling in is a reasonable excuse. Plus she can’t be put in jail.

Hmm, A. Complicated outcomes for the others could go pretty bad.

Glad to see some thought into these posts. :smiley:

I vote C. Any reasonable vigilante wouldn’t want to risk having his identity exposed by anyone.

C’mon, guys! We need more votes! I can’t make a solution yet because we are tied with A and C!

C

Votes are in… We have C as the winner!

Story: Taylor decided the best of the situation was the run. If she let herself get caught, her identity would be revealed, and her father would be disappointed.

So that’s what she did. She quickly turned around and used her super human speed to quickly run away from the security guard.

“Hey, come back here!”

As Shine stopped in the middle of the gallery, where she originally fell at, she readied herself to jump. She jumps right into the air as the security guard aims at her. But out of a small chance, the bullet hits her leg. She screams as she crashes on the top of the roof, then cries in agony.

Clenching her leg, she looks at the wound. Blood is bursting onto her white outfit. She’s definitely in trouble with her father now. She removes her glove and carefully takes the bullet out of her leg (her muscles tense up when she uses her powers, thus the bullet didn’t get too far into the skin). The stinging of the wound still affected her, but she felt she would be alright.

Standing up, she felt the sharp sting the leg produced because of the wound. But at least the adrenaline kept the pain from feeling worse. But now she was in a predicament: She couldn’t keep up with this testing of her powers for long, and she needed to get home soon, anyways. Besides, her father shouldn’t be home from work until another hour.

So Taylor ends up using the rest of her abilities to endure the pain and head on home. On her way home, she sees the worse thing ever: Her father’s car is there. He arrived 10 minutes earlier than usual. What is she going to do?

Options:
A) Go through the door and have a confrontation with her father.
B) Possibly sneak through the window to her room, and possibly hide her costume.

2 Likes

I vote B. If she’s this worried about his reaction, it would be better to avoid him if at all possible. Hide the costume, then run to the bathroom and try to see if she can bandage up that wound before it gets infected, since it didn’t seem to do as much damage as it could have.

B

I vote B.
Why would she want to confront her Father?

Because maybe it would be easier to do so in the long run!

I still don’t understand.

You’ll see… I just need more votes, in order to see other people’s input. Seeing other people’s input sometimes helps me make choices in the story.

1 Like

I vote A, because honesty is the best policy.

3 Likes