Gavan, Toa of Fire

My self moc, Gavan, a Toa of Fire and a member of the order of Mata Nui.

His build is completely custom.

His hands are mostly my own design.

His lower legs are also completely custom.

This is his build without the armor.

Here he is looking at the Avohkii

A dynamic pose.

He is also very well balanced.

Now for some backstory.

Element: Fire
Weapon: Cleave-Blade
Race: Toa

Backstory:

Gavan was a Ta-Matoran living on Spherus Magna and a meber of the Ta-Magna guard after the Toa Mahri sacrificed their Toa power into several Toa stones due to the fact that they believed that with the Glatorian and the Toa Mata protecting the Villages and with the Order of Mata Nui hunting down the last of the dark hunters, they were no longer needed as protectors, and became mentors instead. While Gavan was protecting a caravan consisting of Toa Gali, Turaga Hali and Tuaga Nokama, they were ambushed by rouge Rahi, and an explosion knocked Gavan unconscious and away from the caravan while he was personally protecting Turaga Hali’s Toa stone. When he woke he was under the care of a Bota Magnan and the Order of Mata Nui. He realized he had been transformed into a Toa, and Toa Helrix along with several other members of the Order trained him, and brought him into the Order. He now wields the Cleave-Blade, a deadly weapon that focuses on force rather and agility, along with his sword he is able summon fire and manipulate it. He now fights alongside the Order of Mata Nui in protecting Spherus Magna.

39 Likes

A bit skinny, but nice.

Thanks.

oh hai lhikan

It looks alright, but it looks too much like lhikan.

5 Likes

It looks alright, but it looks too much like lhikan.

Really, I tried to differentiate him from Lhikan, as in the sword, the different set up of armor, and the green heartstone.

maybe you could make all the gold silver, so that he doesn´t look too much like Lhikan. other than that its a good looking moc!

Two of the four different pieces used in gold here aren’t available in silver, so that isn’t an option without switching design elements around.

I think the gold is fine, as is the fact that he looks a bit like Lhikan. My only suggestions are to add a bit more shaping, and to do away with all the light bluish grey bits.

Other than that, you’ve got a pretty clean build here, and it poses very nicely.

why not just paint the pieces?

Lhikan, you survived!

PoakiProtector

AceofClubs:
maybe you could make all the gold silver, so that he doesn´t look too much like Lhikan.
Two of the four different pieces used in gold here aren’t available in silver, so that isn’t an option without switching design elements around.
I think the gold is fine, as is the fact that he looks a bit like Lhikan. My only suggestions are to add a bit more shaping, and to do away with all the light bluish grey bits.
Other than that, you’ve got a pretty clean build here, and it poses very nicely.

Yeah, those light bluish grey pieces have been my greatest annoyance, and could you define which bits need shaping?

Some things like the arms should be reworked, they don’t look all too good.
The brainstalk could also be dark green.

He looks pretty good, though as its been said he looks way too much like Lhikan.

I know how it feels I made a Moc that looked a ton like Ekimu

Yeah, I’m ordering some pieces from bricklink to fix the arms, and I can’t find a dark green brain stalk, I’m thinking of using a Mata head with the dark green stalk instead.

Not true. The hands are identical to Hydraxon’s.
The rest of the design is pretty neat, and I love the splashes of trans-dark-green. That sword build is fantastic. Not a fan of a lot of the arms’ detail though - think the forearms could do with the smaller metru armour, and the shoulders have a pretty huge gap. Maybe that could be filled in with something that’s not necessarily attached legally.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m posting an update soon.

I personally think that this guy is a pretty nice MOC. The colour scheme, while similar to Lhikan’s, is still very nice and well-spread around the body. And whilst the overall design of the MOC is great, what stands out for me is the sword, which I quite frankly love. Perhaps my only criticisms would be on the forearms (Someone already mentioned they are a bit gappy), and the lower torso section, which seems just a bit too rectangular for my liking, though that is personal preference. Regardless, the MOC is really cool and it definitely benefits from what is an entirely custom build.

Thanks, Ill be posting an updated version soon.

@Payinku @Gringat @AwesomeJoel27 @Leoxander @Warschinken
I finally put up an update, almost a year later, under a different account, if any of you are interested.

Is it ok if i use this design?

The design of the old one or the new one?