Gearian

I’m just going toss in a before/after pair of pics of my self-MOC.

Rainbow of Wasted Parts

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-DFj87AoBB44/VLIi0RUjMXI/AAAAAAAAAk8/Tl6GL9ANTko/w1030-h685-no/DSC_0048.JPG

More Stylized and Streamlined Waste of Parts

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-GfTmeUhbfoY/VRb-855bqpI/AAAAAAAABag/CrPG2GoJNPU/w1030-h685-no/DSC_0080.JPG

What good did the old one have going for it? A Sidorak-y head and a pair of Technic hands. I went and built an entire new MOC around that.

You can do the same. Take the criticism and apply it as best you can.

If you have to tear it down and start on a new canvas, so be it. Save the good things you did and hold those up as your standard to build everything else to. Then keep raising that standard.

Make body parts as good as the original shins. Make a body that can accommodate the giant gun. Then try to make it even better overall.

1 Like

ok Calvatron you make a point sure I make the arms more custom built but the upper legs need to stay basic so it doesn’t restrict movement to the lower legs

1 Like

Hold it.

No they don’t.

I can think of at least three different ways to make them fancier and better without restricting movement.

5 Likes

or, imagine this. you come up with a design that won’t restrict movement and will also look good. MOCcing is full of these little puzzles.

1 Like

Ekorak the reason why I said that because of the pistons I used on the back of the lower legs for a more machine look if I tried to make a custom upper legs the pistons could restrict movement so the legs to a 90 degree bend which is something I don’t want to do

90’ is actually pretty good movement actually.

1 Like

Hold it again.

My point still stands. I can think of at least three ways to make fancier legs without restricting movement.

Trust me, I’m looking right at the design.

I’m not exactly new to this game.

1 Like

but the reason why I don’t 90 degree bend but a little bit beyond that due to him having some abilities like
Super speed

The question still stands:
How the heck does he have super speed?
Being a robot is not the answer.

well Gearian exists in a universe where scientists have found ways to make enhanced abilities like the Super speed ability and decided to make a enhanced machine series known as the Gearian series and yes it’s not just a name of my selfmoc it’s a warrior series mk1 to mk10

1 Like

Done.
Made a modification to the leg design that looks better and functions just as well.

Also added some armor to the empty space in the back.

It has a 90+ degree bend, front and back armor, and as an added bonus, doesn’t require the axles in the front to be trapped to the point where they’re difficult to remove.

I got to see this

Link should go to an album with more pictures.

2 Likes

@Ekorak, I think I need to pull the ultimate card; My topic.
Yo, Gearian, read through some of this. My first MOC on the boards got SHREDDED, particularly by Ek, and I wanted to quit, but guess what? I didn’t, and I got better. Some tips that Ek gave me was to keep practicing, and considering that my self MOC was HUGE, to downscale it. I scrapped my original self MOC, and my new one is MUCH better. Practice makes perfect!

6 Likes

Oh my.

The ORIGINAL Ekslap.

:open_mouth:

7 Likes

Yee. But you know what? Hindsight is 20/20, and my hindsight says that you and Yink (among others) helped me tremendously. So I believe the cycle will repeat.

5 Likes

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

@Gearian
Listen to this man!

Listen to him!

2 Likes

Cordak?
Didn’t I wreck the original Cordak MOC too? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Cordak I am listening

1 Like

Indeed you did, though I remember you being harder on the Toa Hunter all those months ago.

But I already posted my original mess-of-a-self-MOC here.

2 Likes