General Literature Discussion

Since there is no category for literature I thought I might create something to begin with. Do you have a favourite novel? Or maybe you would like to talk about comics? What about the last short story you read? Go nuts, talk about entertainment in written format!

7 Likes

I really like the “Great American Novel.” Recentlly I have been reading To Kill a Mockingbird.

3 Likes

That is a good story Chronicler. As for me, I like reading science fiction normally, and one of my favorite authors is Timothy Zahn.

3 Likes

You know what’s great literature? The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

4 Likes

My favorite book is Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451. Its a brilliant and chilling look into a dystopian future, covering essential themes of censorship and knowledge vs. ignorance that slightly bears resemblance to our world today.

Lord of the Flies is another great read not just about the struggle to survive on an island, but a journey of the reality of man’s true nature and how civilization and society affect it.

2 Likes

I read this book before, and wrote a paper on the symbolism behind it. It truly is a remarkable book, but not something I’d like to read again.

1 Like

Why is it that my literature class insists on giving me books about poor, racially persecuted people? I swear I’ve read the same plot five times this year…

3 Likes

Currently reading the book Time Ships, and listening to Young Wizards book six, Wizards at War, and LoTR book one.

Two of which are my favorite books/book series.

Don’t forget The Hobbit.

Rick Riordan’s books are pretty good; also the Ranger’s Apprentice series and its fellow series, The Brotherband Chronicles, by John Flanagan.

2 Likes

I can’t believe that no one has mentioned Journey to the Center of the Earth.

2 Likes

20,000 leagues under the sea, Swiss Family Robson, Gulliver’s Travels, Sleepy Hallow, the Inheritance cycle

Eragon.

How has no one mentioned Enders game yet? That book is amazing! It’s sequels and spin offs are really good also.

5 Likes

hmmm thought it had already

Nope.

part of the inheritance cycle :smile:
@Charyas it is now lol

1 Like

@Baldric high five! Timothy Zahn has written some of my favorite Star Wars books and I liked his Dragonback series. Kinda wanna read that again.

Anyone here ever read the Redwall books by Brian Jaques?

2 Likes

I don’t think I have read his work. Did you read Zahn’s blackcollar series?

last thing I read was Ender’s Game, that was good

2 Likes

I’m currently working my way through Game Of Thrones. Honestly haven’t done as much non-homework-related reading as I would like to as of late; the internet is a powerful distraction.

6 Likes