""Google""

When I use the boards on my phone,a page of ““google”” always pops and says that;
a) says that I have a virus (which no, I don’t)
b) offers me a ps4, XB1, or an Iphone

so, it’s fake google, and before anyone says anything, the message only pops when I use the boards, it wont pop in any other page

anyone else has this problem?

6 Likes

I had this last year, then it just went away, don’t know what caused it, hopefully this isn’t foreshadowing a return.

1 Like

I have a similar problem with free amazon gift cards.

4 Likes

^this. I honestly thought these went away a while ago.

2 Likes

The exact same thing has been happening to me recently. For me it says free Walmart and Amazon gift cards. Usually it happens when I leave this site open on a tab for a while.

1 Like

What happens to me is that I only use my phone for TTV when I’m riding the school bus home. It hasn’t happened in a while, but it used to be every day that when I opened up my browser it would take me to the free gift card page, and I would always have to back out of it, but because my data is kinda slow, I always backed up too far.

1 Like

This is the case for me as well, huh, I’d never imagine this being a issue with the website in particular.

2 Likes

I understand that you’re reporting that the messages only pop up on the boards, but I’m pretty sure that it isn’t tied to this site in any way. I’ll get those on random pages while on my phone, and there doesn’t seem to be a lot of rhyme or reason to it, so to speak. As it is, I’d assume that it’s tied to wherever a person is getting their cell data from.

For me it is only on this website. I have never seen it anywhere else.

2 Likes

I just had this happen when accessing on my phone yesterday. I think its probably not an occurrence directly tied to the site, but it is definitely weird.

I use adblock on my computer’s browser though, so it never shows up there.

1 Like

Dude it’s totally real.

I haven’t had this happen to me yet, but that may be because I use the discourse app on my phone, but I’m not really sure.

Well, I’m relatively certain that these are pretty ubiquitous, and have been since the dawn of the internet. Will that change? Probably not. :confused:

1 Like