Grammarly

Graham cracker.

3 Likes
  1. This is just me, but I donā€™t like being constantly corrected when Iā€™m typing. I guess this wouldnā€™t apply if you wrote the text somewhere else and copy-pastad it into the program, though, butā€¦
  2. My experience with grammer checkers has told me one thing: theyā€™re dumb. A robot will never match the understanding of a human, and too often Iā€™ve found myself ā€œcorrectedā€ on things that arenā€™t actually wrong, and sometimes the corrections would make the sentence grammatically wrong.
  3. Like Jayzor, sometimes there are things you do on purpose, especially if youā€™re writing dialogue or writing something from someoneā€™s point of view. People donā€™t talk Grammetically correct.

Ultimately, Grammerly is just a more nitpicky version of the grammar check on Microsoft Word, which I already dislike. Maybe itā€™d point out a thing or two I didnā€™t notice/realize, but I donā€™t think it would be worth it.

I totally agree. Nothing wrong with checking for things you missed, though, no oneā€™s perfect. Just donā€™t let it become a crutch.

No
I will use both.

~W12~

4 Likes