Greatest Bionicle Regret

Yes, yes I do.

Never getting ANY piraka. 2006 was my first year of bionicle and it was awesome… No clue why I didn’t get any.

2 Likes

They were actually the first one I got all of. Started with Zaktan and Hakann, but then got Vezok, Thok, and Reidak from the Irnakk combiner set, and finally got Avak later.

Wait, do you count Vezon as a Piraka? If so, I had one…but when i was like 7 I thought “Ya know, he’s not the same as a Piraka…so DIEEEE” lol

I count Vezon as a Piraka in the same way I count Takanuva as a Toa Nuva. Not at all.

6 Likes

Well, probably not getting anything until one fateful day in 2012… [Insert cliche flashback here]

You see, I was born right at the tail end of the Twentieth Century, meaning I was two young to even get into LEGO in general when BIONICLE came out. My first real toy interest (other than something super simple, i.e. Bob the Builder (I was five,)) was Transformers, specifically the “Cybertron” line which came out in 2005-2006, bye-bye Inika. Also, it didn’t help that my father said that I couldn’t get any BIONICLE toys because they were “too creepy” I believe he said. (Again, I was like five or six, and susceptible to nightmares.)

Finally, six years later, after jumping on the Exo-Force bandwagon with all the gusto I could muster (then being promptly kicked off three years later (R.I.P. in peace Exo-Force)), I was at the library and I asked my dad if I could get on of the BIONICLE Chronicles books, he said yes, that was one of the most exciting days of my life. (Now, I was not a complete n00b, I managed to smuggle the Mahri comics that I got in the LEGO Magazine into my room to read them (Matoro’s heroic sacrifice was one of the first things I saw) and in 2009 I sneaked onto BIONICLE.com and watched some of the TLR promo vids.)

Now we skip to two years later, and my BIONICLE Collection has grown too contain at least one set from every year, though sadly, no Slizers.

I dare not post my entire BIONICLE Collection here, but it can be found [here][1].

Goodbye, and Mata Nui forbid that I make the same mistake again.
[1]: User:Marendex-T17 | Custom BIONICLE Wiki | Fandom

10 Likes

I unliked so I could like again

3 Likes

Yowza! I didn’t know it was that long when I was typing it.

2 Likes

YES! ~Detox

New regret that literally just happened. I discovered Bricklink after spending $40 on Takua and Pewku on eBay a while back. WHY DID I NOT LOOK INTO THIS MIRACLE SITE SOONER!?

2 Likes

I regret not reading the story serials on bionicle.com while it was still up.

3 Likes

Mine was disassembling my Umbra set, I never knew it was a Walmart exclusive. :confused:

2 Likes

“You have my pity, farewell!” * does Vulcan salute *

I’ve always wanted to use that quote.
But seriously man, I feel your pain. I spent 15-20 bucks on Tahu Mata, then found him on BrickLink for like five.

1 Like

yeah, unfortunately the set I want most is Makuta, and I’ve found one for 21 dollars, which is reasonable, but the seller is in Denmark, meaning shipping will be expensive. However, I do plan on purchasing Pahrak and Panrahk and continuing to use Bricklink in the future…

1 Like

I regret not finding out about Bionicle sooner… Then again, I was only 3 when the series first came out. I remember seeing the Inika commercials on TV when I was little. If I hadn’t decided to get a set for my friend’s birthday back in '08, I might not have even got into Bionicle…

2 Likes

My parents reacted the same way, fortunately they didn’t do anything about it.

2 Likes

I have 2.

1. I’m basically the case of Marendex, Nearly the same with the only difference being…
    That my parents disapproved of the weapons, Because of that I eventually got my first 2 sets in 08. And now have an army of Tunma’s at my disposal.
    Now, I have at least more then one set from each year, except for stars as I believe I only have Tahu…I might have Takanuva, I’m not too sure. I suffured this with Power Rangers and TMNT too, but being allowed to get/watch them due to “Violence” and such. But now I play Watch_Dogs and have a giant box of Nerf. Wat.

2. Painting half of my man den Metru Crimson for Metru Vakama.

1 Like

“And now have an army of Tunma’s at my disposal.”

Did you mean Tanma ->

or Tuma? ->

8 Likes

you’ve never heard of the combiner model of the two? it was released in the winter wave of 2011

5 Likes

Wha?

Why wasn’t I informed?

Where can I find on- oh…
It’s a joke, I walked right into that one.

4 Likes