Greatest Bionicle Regret

I wish I was aware of/cared about g2 back when it was still a thing.
My interests shifted away from lego around 2013 and the only g2 stuff we ended up getting was ketar and the first 2 books (which belonged to my youngest brother)
I didn’t get back into bionicle again until 2018.

Does literally not being born early enough to experience 01 (properly, at least) count? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Not being ‘all in’ on the story till 2003!

I was 11 when Bionicle first started in 2001 and I got a few of the sets myself cause I thought they looked cool, but I was already invested in Star Wars Collecting at the time and didn’t want to add another collection. This made me miss out on collecting Kanohi and Krana and I also never got the Exo-toa either. Fortunately, my family kept buying me the toa sets. Ironically on easter 2002, my mom bought me Gahlok (to which I was initially disappointed :laughing:) then my best friend got me Pahrak for my birthday that summer and most of my other friends had at least one or two of the sets so I decided I’d start collecting them. I wish I had experienced 2002 in its entirety though, it ended up being my favorite year.

I kind of wish I had gotten more of the G2 sets. They are super expensive now. G1 sets aren’t terribly pricey aside from titans. Maybe also getting more of the random mask packs.

I feel you man…

1 Like

I always kick myself for not getting Maxilos, Hahli Mahri, and Nuhvok! Though I kick myself less over Hahli because of her lime green joints, Maxilos just looks so rad in retrospect and Nuhvok has a slick Xenomorphy vibe with its colours that looks so good. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess!

AliasComrade, There are tons of Nuhvok on Ebay! Plus I’m always an advocate for buying more Bohrok!

If, we’re going to talk 2007 though, I really wish I’d gotten Lesovikk. His character is super cool.

1 Like

My biggest regret is donating most my Bonks to Goodwill in 2018 as I was moving into a small apartment and didn’t have the room for most mine anymore. I knew I would regret it but I had to make space regardless.

Oof, I hear that. I sold a lot of Bionicle figures form 2014-2018 as there were tons of changes happening in my life. I’m glad I kept most of the essentials though.

1 Like

I regret not getting Inika Jaller as a kid

1 Like

One of my regrets was not buying more parts to rebuild old sets. I had a hugeeee bin of mixed up and some full Bionicle sets (Including a full Maxilos and Spinax and a few Toa Inika!) and I unfortunately had to sell it and my old toys for food money cause…well I live in a house of poor income. Please don’t judge me lol. One of my other regrets was not grabbing the rest of the Stars when I had the chance to. There was a garage sale that had a bunch of free Bionicle sets and my dad walked past because obviously.

1 Like

My family and I had once accidentally left a big ol’ bin full of Bionicle and LEGO parts with some folks we knew. When we visited them again after at least 4 years having passed, we found out that not only had we left it behind with them, but they had ended up getting rid of it for storage reasons.

I feel it necessary to clarify that I don’t hold it against these people,- they’re great friends of ours and we love each other to bits, :slightly_smiling_face: :+1: and the thing of losing the bin was a big mistake on our end.*

I do wish we still had those pieces, though.

*Nor do I hold it against my other family members, either,- I was involved in the mistake of it being left behind getting made, after all.

I’d say throwing away all 6 Piraka and some random Bionicle pieces from 2005-06 without any good reason when I was like 6… I’ll never get why I did it

1 Like

Chewing on my Krana. Some of them are unrecognizable.

2 Likes

Back in 2002, the only Bionicle I owned was Pohatu Mata. I was at Toys R Us (RIP) with my mom, and we found a combo pack selling all six Mata for like 50% off. My mom offered to buy it for me.

I declined, because I didn’t want two Pohatus.

It took me until 2017 to finally collect every single Mata via resale.

7 Likes

Can I add owning 0 Toa Mata to my expansive list

That’s just depressing.

My biggest Bionicle regret is probably that I stopped really following the story/buying the sets during 06. I tried to keep up with the comics but the only sets I got after 05 were Thok, Pridak, Kopaka Phantoka, and Solek. I wish I would have been able to collect the Inika and the Mahri. I also regret not buying HF stuff after Bonkle ended (I didn’t buy it because I thought they ended Bionicle to do HF and I was bitter lol).

I love to drone so there’s no way you’ll just get one regret out of me. Here goes…

Not getting into Bionicle until the Toa Mata were no longer on shelves (I didn’t end up getting them until about 6 years ago)

Not getting any Tohunga Happy Meals

Playing MNOG II before MNOG and generally not experiencing the wider story in the intended sequence

Not being subscribed to Lego Magazine so I could get the comics

Not reading the Scholastic books beyond the first couple Adventures (still planning to do that some time)

Giving my Avohkii stress marks by forcing it onto Takua’s big ol’ Matoran head

Not being able to stop my dog (rest his soul) from chewing up Takua’s Kolhii stick

Not buying Teridax from the 2003 line until 2012-ish

Losing interest when the Hordika came out, and not getting back into it until Inika

By extension, not watching Web of Shadows until 1 - 2 years after the fact

Each and every broken joint c. 2007 - 2010 (rip Mahri Hahli(s))

Not practicing my craft in preparation for these Canon contests :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

not keeping all my old comics. the last i’ve seen of them was a few ripped-out pages of one of the Voya Nui issues.

1 Like

Ooof… The memories…
I saw Kardas at my local toy shop… And didn’t buy it.