Greg Farshtey Reveals the Existence of “Velika Informants” on Bara Magna

Greg Farshtey Reveals the Existence of “Velika Informants” on Bara Magna

Greg Farshtey, the primary author for the Bionicle storyline, just revealed some interesting story details on the LEGO Messageboards that give us a new look at some of the characters we met in the last few years of the franchise.

User PointlessQuestions on the LMB had asked Greg a question about how Kabura knew about the regression of the Vorox. In reply, Greg dropped a hint that the Great Being Velika had some contacts on the remnants of Spherus Magna while he was inside the Mata Nui robot.

PointlessQuestions:

3. Kabrua also knew of the regression of the Bara Magna Vorox when he encountered Gelu and company, just a few days or weeks after the reformation of Spherus Magna. This surprised Gelu, because of how quickly Kabrua found out. It is possible that Velika gave them this information, but then again, Velika would not really have any reason to know about the Bara Magna Vorox. How did Kabrua find out about the treatment of the Bara Magna Vorox?

Greg:

3) Ah, very good question. Here’s a hint — although the GBs had lost contact with Mata Nui, Velika never lost contact with the remnants of Spherus Magna. So he knew a great deal of what was going on through agents loyal to him that no one else in the MU would have known.

[Source]

PointlessQuestions then asked some follow up questions, to which Greg clarified that he meant and gave a clue to the identity of the informant(s).

PointlessQuestions:

3.) Hmm. When did Velika get into contact with the people on Bara Magna? Before the Great Cataclysm or after? How often? Did he continue even after he was rebuilt?

Greg:

All during Mata Nui’s journey of 100,000 years. And he was not only talking to people on Bara Magna, but Bota as well.

[Source]

PointlessQuestions:

You’ve just given a tantalizing hint that Velika has had loyal agents/contacts stationed on Bara Magna. My question, then, is a simple one.

Were any of the Bara Magna characters we saw in 2009 acting as informants for Velika?

(Or were most of Velika’s contacts just people we didn’t meet?)

Greg:

I think it would be enormously unfair of me to say that and then say that all his agents were people you didn’t meet (that seems like a cheat). So yes to your first question.

[Source]

So at least one of the characters revealed in 2009 were in cahoots with Velika. Which one? Well, Greg hasn’t given a definitive answer yet, but BZPower member Yaldabaoth has created a nifty “Highly Suspect Chart" with the possible suspects.

So who do you think might be the informant(s)? Tell us who you think down below in the message boards. We’ll keep you updated with more Bionicle news as it happens.

-Kahi

[Source]: “Chat with Greg Farshtey" via the Lego Message Boards

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://ttvpodcast.com/post/96066915712/greg-farshtey-reveals-the-existence-of-velika
3 Likes

It says I’m not allowed to view member posts.

But my best guess for who it could be is:

• Angonce
  • Hermeus
  • Kabura

Don’t know who else it could be.

If someone could tell me who was suspected, that’d be great :smiley:

Anyways, thanks for the Great great info Pandemic Panda! :smiley:

Malum. It’s why he wandered from place to place.

(Joke)
Gresh. That innocent demeanor was just a ruse we all fell for. There’s no way that anyone could be a Glatorian and retain that much naivety.

2 Likes

I saw this on BZPower, and I remember someone made a very compelling argument for Click, as odd as it seems.
-Oonie

1 Like

Perhaps that one ice agori that Mata Nui turned into a snake whose name I totally haven’t forgotten…

1 Like

Can someone post the image on here? I’m not on BZPower so I can’t see it.

Hm… I wonder… what if the theorized BIONICLE G2 reboot on Mata Nui is actually an illusory “arena” inside a dystopian future ruled by Velika?

2 Likes

It’s Click, I’m sure of it!

I nominate Certavus. No one would suspect a dead Glatorian.

4 Likes

What if Certavus didn’t die form natural causes and was actually killed by Velika because he was beginning to leak secret information?

This guy sounds highly suspect

3 Likes

What about Tarduk? He always had a kind of weird tendency to want to go around and explore and see everything, that’s exactly what someone assigned to observe everything and report on it would do. I think he’s a fairly good candidate.

4 Likes

Hmm…his internal monologue(s), and his quest for the Red Star would make some like me think otherwise.

1 Like

Can’t say I remember those for some reason, what book(s) or cereal(s) we’re they in? But based on the sound if them, sound like even more evidence that he could be. Wanting to visit the red star, who other that a great being would know it was anything other than a star?

1 Like

I believe the word you’re looking for is serial.

As for which one, well, it’s quite obvious. Riddle of the Great Beings. The one with Tarduk on the banner for it.

The serial indicates, from his thouhgts that he knew nothing about the red star, and searched for it out of curiosity. I’m certain that if he worked for/with Velika, he’d know about it.

Also in the story his motivation is given, and as such, it contradicts the theory.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out. I was thinking the same thing.

Yeah, dunno why I keep saying cereal. I’m not talking about Captain Crunch.

That’s right, haven’t read any of them in a while now, it’s time I brush up.

That’s a good point, and it makes sense, but I get the feeling that whoever he choses, their character will be changed once we know. They all have their own motives and goals, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s someone who might not fit the role to the letter, since they weren’t originally planned to be a spy for Velika.

2 Likes

New theory: Velika is the spy.

2 Likes