Gringat's Chibi Self-MOC Project #2

Jojo came up in Series 8. Davix and Callan are definitely also in the draw.

1 Like

oh yeah, i should have thought that!

Helios, self-MOC of Sam H, nominated by @CZQ

An older name whose body of work is all but lost with MOCpages now, sadly.

Interesting to end up with two plasma-based characters in this series.

Once again has some experimental Stud.io renders

12 Likes

Glad to see that these are more frequent now! Great as always!

1 Like

Vhandeer Lord, self-MOC of @TechnoVirus, nominated by Hafynx.

I wasn’t lucky enough to get the Ultimate Dume set and mask back in the day, so for the first time in a long while, I’ve had to substitute a mask. Still, he was a fun one to figure out.

Hafynx seems to have disappeared from the community, sadly.

As ever, Stud.io renders:

If you want to nominate a self-MOC from the bionicle community for the draw, please check the rules up top then reply below.

13 Likes

I nominate Kruhdak, self-moc of @Vspinax

3 Likes

Looks great! I love the shoulders.

Also I nominate @N01InParticular‘s self-moc: Artillery the Astral Hunter.

4 Likes

Mata Nui, “Self-MOC” of Greg Farshtey (or maybe Christian Faber), nominated by @Toa_Kasai.

Only ever had the smaller set, so that’s what this chibi was based on, though the shield takes more cues from the movie. Jetbug’s head ended up working surprisingly well here!

Something funky happened with the third picture, sorry there.

More Stud.io renders!

If you’d like to nominate a self-MOC from the community, please check the rules at the top of this page, then put your nomination below. All nominations are put into a hat and the next one is always drawn at random.

17 Likes

Never thought of it that way.

3 Likes

I don’t agree with the idea honestly. He’s better represented by Artakha if anyone. This MOC spawned a huge argument on Cossy’s discord about that.

It’s probably better to call Mata-Nui the “Self-MOC” of Christian Faber, since he came up with the idea of the robots on islands and the Matoran Universe to begin with. According to MSEP, Faber’s diagnosis and treatment for cancer may have been the original inspiration for the Bionicle storyline, with Makuta representing that within Mata-Nui’s body.

6 Likes

I thought Artahka was Greg Farshtey’s self moc /s

I nominate…

HORRIOR, self-moc of HORRIOR.

6 Likes

Although Mata-Nui, per this evidence, does indeed seem to be the representation of Faber, if we go with saying he’s actually Greg’s self-MOC, then that would shed a whole new light on Tren Krom’s dialogue, LoL. :stuck_out_tongue:

Would that make Bob Thompson be Karzahni, with the two of them locked in combat over who Miramax will let decide which one of the Toa Metru go bad in Web of Shadows? :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, if Artakha really is Greg’s self MOC, then I nominate him, in addition to Jalon The Temporal Shade (both Future & Past Versions), self MOCs of @Arceane64, Knoxus, Knight of Nights, self MOC of @Connor_Hoffman, and Voltstorm, self MOC of @TheCobaltCorsair. :+1:

7 Likes

I nominate Cordax, self-MOC of… well, @Cordax.

5 Likes

Knoxus, Self-MOC of @Connor_Hoffman AKA Wombat Combat Pictures, nominated by @Cordax, @Jathru_Cranli, @N01InParticular and @SonicBionicleMaster!

Cheeky redesign of the Luna Dial and the head design. Here’s a render and exploded view of the latter:

And, as ever, some Stud.io renders of the whole fella, with some replacements due to limitations in what’s available in the Biopack for now.

My Stud.io chibis from this project are now on my Bricklink Studio Gallery!
Work continues on reverse-engineering older ones but new ones will be added as they come to be.

17 Likes

Yo, this is excellent. A little simple in certain areas, but really captures the feel and appearance of the original MOC. Are those claws on the head pressured in?

4 Likes

They’re kind of trapped because of the little notch at the end of the claw, no pressure. Try it for yourself!

3 Likes

Yay! We’re getting more chibis!

2 Likes

Altron Nuva, alternate Self-MOC of @Altron, nominated by @Monarth!

I went for the nuva version primarily because I only have one regular white Akaku and that’s bound up in my WIP of the Nui for Series 9, but I also think the nuva version has a bit more visual pop.

As ever, there is a Stud.io version, and I finally figured out how to get working instructions over on the Bricklink Gallery. These will only apply to uploads from today forward though.

11 Likes

This looks great!

1 Like