Gundam Advice type thing

Oh, you want an RX? Get this, then. The perfect beginner kit. I own it, it’s one of the best High Grades ever released.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00WW4F8YA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493996118&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=gundam+rx-78-2

2 Likes

I can vouch for this.

Tis a good kit.

2 Likes

You don’t glue.

2 Likes

This is a good thing, but it also means that if you connect parts incorrectly you’re screwed. They lock.

1 Like

Exactly my point

Good, I invite a challenge, it’ll be good practice for when I buy my Warlord, or try to build an imperitor

Not sure if I’d call a worthwhile bet to be $180. You should really do research before you become dead-set on what you’re interested in buying.

2 Likes

So like, the cost of an Imperial knight? I’d say yes, even if this doesn’t work it’d probably still have been worth the effort

Out of curiosity, how tall is this IRL?

It’s 5 inches. That is the basic size of an HG.

3 Likes

@Winterstorm345 I’m gonna be blunt about this.
Investing nearly $200 in a kit designed for people who have been building these for a long time, and thinking that you’ll use it as your first, is just stupid.

There are some fantastic High Grades out there. It’s much less complicated and far more suitable for a beginner, which is what you’d be. They’re also significantly cheaper, and smaller. But if you just want something big, Perfect Grades are still not the way to go.

Right.
Having no idea what you’re doing on one of the most expensive and complicated kits out there is just a challenge.

TL;DR, Just buy the kit Jor posted. It’s a great one.

5 Likes

I genuinely don’t think I’ve ever seen someone successfully start with anything more complicated than an MG. And even then, that’s a stretch.

3 Likes

Sooooooo, is someone going to recomend a kit or what?

Well, your preferred aspects are rare or extremely expensive for a kit you don’t know anything about, sooooooo…

3 Likes

I thought I said the RX-78-2 Revive was good.

1 Like

you dont deserve a gundam

7 Likes

For 5" HGs:
RX-78 Revive
Gyan Revive

For slightly taller MGs, I don’t know for sure, but a Zaku is pretty good

Tbh just go for an HG

2 Likes

inb4 MG Sazabi Ver. Ka

Debatable[quote=“moa, post:34, topic:36294, full:true”]
you dont deserve a gundam
[/quote]

Also Debatable

I’ll put it this way:
If you’re willing to spend $200 on an experiment that you have no previous knowledge​ of how to do, that’s your idea. However, we disagree with this idea. You don’t need to listen to us, but you’re most likely not going to get a different answer.

3 Likes

I recommended a kit…

Dunno if you’re still thinking about getting one or not, but go from HG for a while to MG, the RG and after a good, long run with MG and RG, maybe you’ll be ready for PG.