Gunpla Discussion Topic

Any suggestions on legs? The skirt I’m planning on using the Nobel, the torso being the portent, and the head will possibly be the Nobel with the hair shortened. If it helps the name is planned to be the maiden Gundam prototype and her colors are already present on one arm.

Ordered the RG Zaku II last night. it was on Amazon so the shipping will take a while,thought.
I may get the RX-78-2 when i have more moneyz

Oh no

Oh dear

The first few RGs were terrible (by first, I mean the first dozen were regarded as finnicky as heck). @Omega_Tahu learned the RX sucked the hard way. From what I’m to understand the RG Zaku II has self-destructive hip joints. If you want an RX-78-2 in 1/144 scale, go with the Revive. It’s simple but does literally everything it needs to right. [quote=“Khalsa721, post:185, topic:7580”]
the torso being the portent, and the head will possibly be the Nobel with the hair shortened
[/quote]

I feel like the styles will clash here. You’ve got a very classic Gundam-y skirt shaping (despite being a bit more feminine) on a very rounded yet also angular and complex upper torso, with a very blocky and geometric shoulder, and then a classic Gundam head with hair…

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the Zaku II is good.

Yee

Get the RG GN 00 Raiser

1 Like

From what I’ve seen the hip joints are super tight and can shatter pretty easily. That aside, the first few RGs seem to be very finicky and hard to manage in general.

:ok_hand:

4 Likes

Then how about the Shia quant?

I’m sorta stuck on using a Shia mobile suit since I wanted a chest sphere.

2 Likes

I think the RG Quanta is good. Which is what that suits is based on.

1 Like

Omega, that’s an HG…

An awesome kit. Customized one up a while back, absolutely awesome base.

That said, I just don’t think using stuff like Nobel parts on a 00 suit will work. Try looking at other 00 designs first, as they may be more consistent.

3 Likes

Design wise. Completely Different model kits.

Over spring break I tried painting my kit for the first time.
It didn’t go so well…

1 Like

Dude, my first attempt left me throwing a kit out. You did fine for a first attempt.

Also, @Omega_Tahu, I thought you were referring to what engineering the kit was based on. My bad.

1 Like

Thanks! I appreciate the complement.

1 Like

really…?
i mean, judging from the couple of reviews i checked out it seems alright…

1 Like

They are bad…

Get the RG GN 00 Raiser if you want a RG. For a RX-78 get the Hg revive.

1 Like

I’m just thinking

ther needs to be an RG RX-78 Revive.

2 Likes

The Revive Zeta is already a masterpiece.

1 Like

I’ll put it this way, there was a reason I avoided RGs like the plague until I got one of the newer ones as a gift…

I only got RG WIng Zero Custom

More trouble and flimsiness than HGs despite mechanics and designs, though I might get the concept WIng Zero but I think I’ve got enough Wings

MG best

4 Likes