Gunpla Discussion Topic

ok I’ve already told @N01InParticular about this, but yesterday I was sitting around and thought “hey I should cut the barbatauros bow in half and glue it to the lupus Rex’s face”

so I did that

and it looks awesome

(ignore the shoddy paint job, it’s nowhere near being done)

4 Likes

Nice. Now you have real horns.

1 Like

after the many months of putting it off, I’ve finally finished the pink barbatos

6 Likes

Is that a weathering effect?

3 Likes

yeah, that was the intention.

3 Likes

I’d maybe go a little lighter on it (I assume you did a dry brush?) To concentrate it more on the edges where the heaviest weathering would be (edges are a weak point in the paint)

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice! I’ll be sure to paint over some of the more excessive areas later.

3 Likes

It looks good, keep up the good work and it’ll just take it to the next level. :smiley:

3 Likes

Never expected to find this topic but I hope this is the best place to ask
I’m planning to make a diorama for the master grade dynames and need a rival mobile suit for it to fight I have limited myself to grunts only as part of the diorama’s theme with the following rules

1. the kit must be to scale with the dynames even if they are not from the same universe
  2. ace grunts suits are a choice MINUS the mg ver.ka psycho zaku (I have other plans for it if I ever get it)
  3. custom painting is an option for non ace grunt units
  4. the grunt suit in question needs a weapon able to cut through metal
3 Likes

Even going in knowing I was buying used junk gunpla I feel sad for these robots. Even the ones with 2 legs can barely stand up.

3 Likes

aight, I’ve redone the battle damage effects and added some customizations. It still isn’t finished yet, but I think it’s looking pretty good.

5 Likes

Nice! Those legs remind me of a kangaroo…

2 Likes

I decided to customize my first SD kit recently.

Also includes a mask option.

3 Likes

very nice. I’ve picked up a few SDW kits and wondered what a custom of them would be like. Now that I’ve seen this, I might want to give it a try

3 Likes

They’re pretty good little kits though they are specialized to that overdesigned historical reference look. Some like the buster are generic enough but others just don’t work outside of their design niche.

2 Likes

so the GN wires on my real grade exia fell off without my knowledge and I cannot find them, so I tried to make my own

I think they look pretty good

6 Likes

Anyone ever pick up an old kit and get sudden inspiration? Just got a second GN archer for this idea

3 Likes

I (finally) picked up some gundam markers today along with some of that matte topcoat, and spiced up the HG barbatos

it’s a little messy in some areas, mostly the thighs and leg thrusters, but i think it look pretty good

6 Likes

Does anyone have some tips for cleaning up panel lines from a regular gundam marker (not the pour-type ones)?

2 Likes

I’m about to get into this

Help

2 Likes