Gunpla Discussion Topic

Just finished my first serious panel lining job. Now only 5 to go.

3 Likes

This is an excellent video that covers pretty much anything you’d need to know about building with the exception of painting.

Get hyped for the HG Dantalion…

Does anyone know a good place to order kits from, with good shipping and cheap prices? Amazon tends to hike up all the kits I want to the moon and back, so buying them would be a nightmare.

i would say HLJ, but their shipping charges are bad.

like, 15.

Yeah, that is pretty much a entire kit right there…

Nowadays I just stop by my local hobby&toy shop for recent gunpla kits. Usually to get good prices on amazon you have to order them not too soon after they restock, so watch those prices regularly if you can

My local stores kinda suck, and the best one is closing down soon…

Luckily they are having a 20% off liquidation sale, so maybe I’ll find something.

1 Like

I have no doubt you will! I just bought all new tools a couple months ago for only $20

Does anyone know a cheap way to order replacement parts? I’d really appreciate it.

I broke the bow on my bearguy…

you could attempt emailing Bandai directly and try to request the peices that are broken. If google serves me right then their email is bandaiactionkit@bandai.co.jp

I usually just spend the time repairing parts, instead of waiting for them to be shipped to me.

My hatred for my first kit, the HG Barbatos Lupus, grows with each passing day. However, my love for my other two kits, HG Vidar and HG Io Frame Shiden grows each day.

Hlj is good if you’re ordering 3 items, as the shipping is at its second lowest then and usually balances out with the discounts they have.

1 Like

YeahNo

HLJ shipping for an $80-$90 order usually breaks $45. It’s fast as hell, and absolutely worth it, but $15 is the minimum cost for the smallest and fewest items imaginable.

Unless you live in Japan, you might need to order an entire new kit. Personally, I just use extra thin cement and sanding to fix parts, but that isn’t an available option to everyone.

I’d appreciate if you could post an image of the breakage.

@Lord_Tuma will be triggered

I don’t really see the hate in it. I’ve yet to finish mine, but I’ve built the original Barbatos and from what I can tell it’s just an improved original Barbatos. I hate the og Barbatos design, but the kit was very solid, albeit with terrible decals. The lupus takes away almost all of the horrendous decals, and basically keeps everything that was good.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, what?
You hate the Barbatos but love the Vidar?
Those kits are really similar from what I’ve seen,
The Lupus is an awesome kit.[quote=“Joe, post:156, topic:7580”]
@Lord_Tuma will be triggered
[/quote]
You know it. :stuck_out_tongue:

@Joe

1 Like

yea, i was referring to the min. cost, joe.

mainly 'cause i don’t know how many kits @RaptorTalon was wanting.

At least two, the 1/100 Barbatos 6th form and the 1/144 scale Transient Gundam.

(speaking of, the latter needs a 1/100…like…yesterday…)

ah

then, idk, ask @Joe about the shipping.

1 Like

Alright then.

EY @Joe I WAS TOLD TO ASK YA BOUT THE SHIPPING!

It’s not that I hate how the Lupus looks. In fact, I adore that part of it. It looks absolutely amazing.
It’s just… I’ve had REALLY bad issues with quality. He’s broken a ton, he can’t move his elbows without them popping out, not with his shoulders. He’s hard to pose, his side skirts fall off a lot, as does his backpack, he can’t hold up his sword, and there’s a plethora of other issues. It’s not that I want to hate him. I really don’t. I really, really, really wanted to like him. He looks awesome! He is my first kit, after all. But after around a week of having him, he started to fall apart. Maybe, and I hope this is the case, I just got a bad copy. Bad plastic, or something. Because I really want to love him.
Oh yeah, and I like Vidar better cause I think he looks cooler. :stuck_out_tongue: And yeah, they are similar. They use the same frame. Except my Vidar has none of the problems my Barbatos has, which leads me to believe it’s that I got a fluke kit.

1 Like