Hahli Mahri re-revamp

Not a fan of the mixing of white and lime green, as it clutters the MOC a bit too much colorwise. The build itself is fine though.

@DarkTakanuva @Creep @Payinku @Ekorak @ColdGoldLazarus @Gresh113 'Kay, I updated the pics with the final model. Whaddya think? Also, Iā€™ve this new MOC, but I canā€™t think of a name for her. Hereā€™s what she looks like:

Lemme know if yā€™all got any ideas. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The updated Hahli MoC looks terrific! Great job!

As for this new oneā€¦ enters analysis mode
Wellā€¦ thereā€™s a lot of rubber bands. They donā€™t take away too much from the MoC, so theyā€™re okay.
Hmmmā€¦ a color scheme of mainly brown, burnt orange, blue, light blue, and grey. It might look better if there was only grey, burnt orange, brown, and light blue or mata blue. Get rid of one of the type of blue, and add more of the other type. Or just get rid of the blue altogether, and substitute with grey or brown.
The two teeth on her upper body look out of place with their color. Are they white? Canā€™t think of anything to change them to at the moment, because I think silver may be out of place. ORā€¦ eliminate all of the blue and substitute white. White, brown, burnt orange, and grey might be a good color scheme.
If it is possible to make the lower legs less gappy while still maintaining their general shape, that would be good.
What are her feet? Are they just the HF piece and a supporting part behind it? The size is nice, but the color looks a bit out of place. Possibly change them to white. Or use the burnt orange armor pieces from 2015 Pohatu or Protector of Stone, if you have them.

The overall design is good; only a few changes by color are needed. Real nice.

Iā€™m bad at names, but hereā€™s a possible one: Shalyre (pronounced shallEER, with a quiet ā€˜huā€™ sound at the beginning of the EER). Modeled the name after the rock type shale.

1 Like

Why thank you for the critiqu, Iā€™ll definitely take it into account and revise her from there. I shall definitely add in a more Mata Blue, and substitute the white. As for the gappiness in the legs, Iā€™ll try as hard as possible to fix them. As for the feet, I canā€™t quite replace the shells since Iā€™ve only ever had 1 HF 2.0 set (Surge 2.0 to be exact), and the other shells would cause her to be really unstable. Also, I really like that name. ^-^ BTW, the supporting pieceon her leg is a Metru Brown Hordika foot. :3

1 Like

Did you put the new pics back in the original post?

Anyway, the new MOC looks pretty good; I particularly like the sword handles and the waist. The color combo is unusual, but it works pretty well for the most part. Iā€™d reccomend finding a way to deal with the open pins on the thighs. The rubber band around the chest actually looks really neat, though; adding to the aesthetics.

Yep. ^-^ Why thank you! Also, Iā€™ll sacrifice some bits & bobs from some of my oter outdated MOCs so sheā€™ll probably look different in the final pics I upload in her topic (When I get around to making that. :stuck_out_tongue:).

1 Like

Update, Iā€™ve deciced to stick w/ Mata Blue & remove the light blue. That, and since I canā€™t find the stupid trans ice-blue I was gonna replace the white with, Iā€™m gonna try to disperse the white on her. :confused:

Sushiā€¦ sob sob
I want sushi :crying_cat_face:

2 Likes

Very, very good job. I like how the MOC captures the look and feel of the original set, and revamps it, without going too over-the-top.

Why thank you! ^-^
@Creep You can get some at Kroger, thatā€™s where mine came from. :stuck_out_tongue:

I rat at Hana sushi, and one different syshi barā€¦ I want sushi soo badly ._.

UPDATE!!! Iā€™m not dead!!! I justā€¦procrastinatedā€¦ ;~;
@ColdGoldLazarus @DarkTakanuva I swapped a few bits around and Iā€™m gonna (Somehow) redesign the lower waist. Anyway, hereā€™s some pics of her so far:

Hereā€™s some revisions I made to the legs (Sorry for the quality. ;~;):

Also, since I revised the model, I canā€™t use the old pics I took of her. So Iā€™ll just dump 'em here:

EDIT:
I also accidentally created 2 pics of the same pose, but they kinda made one of those wiggly 3D illusion gifs when played back-to-back:

3 Likes

Now I understand what you had done for the back of the legs. You used a brown Visorak foot for support. Very unique.

I like how sheā€™s coming along. Keep up the good work, and canā€™t wait to see the final pics!

Thanks! ^-^ Got any tips for the new waistpiece? Iā€™m not very creative with parts, so I kinda need help on that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, geez. Umā€¦ got any white Inika leg armor, from Matoro? That might work. Or a Toa Metru chest armor piece in white or brown. Or two white Bohrok eyes hooked together and held on the front, possibly with a rubber band. Or one of those pieces that Lego invented and used as a Slizer foot, and then later used on Roodaka, Sidorak, and Keetongu. You know, the piece that has three holes and one plus peg on it, and looks like a mix between a V and a U. If you have a white, light grey, or silver one of those and clip something on to the plus peg that is the same color (or a similar color), it might work.

Sorry Iā€™m kinda out of ideas at the moment. Good luck!

Lol, itā€™s okay (BTW, I know what piece youā€™re talking about, but I only have them in Keetorange. ;~;). Iā€™ve a 4-day weekend coming up, so Iā€™ll have a few days to expiriment and come up w/ something. ^-^

Hahli revamp looks good, my only suggestion would be to make a more feminine shaped torso. The shoulders are too broad, basically. And the legs look a bit weird but they work well enough.

The legs donā€™t look all that wierd, no more than they did on the original set, just with marbled blue/white plastic. Also, the way I attached the ratcheting joint (The kind used on Makuta & I think the Exo-Toa) doesnā€™t have much room to make the shoulders less broad. Even then, theyā€™re still just as broad as most other female MOCs (Unless you count the ludicrously stylised ones, but Iā€™ve a bit of a distaste for those).

1 Like

@DarkTakanuva @ColdGoldLazarus Iā€™ve finished what Iā€™m going to consider as the final version of Shalyre, and Iā€™ll make a new topic post for her. ^-^ I would do it right now, but Iā€™m tired & itā€™s like, 10:32 P.M in GA and weā€™re expecting over an inch of snow tomorrow so weā€™re all gonna die. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Understood. Itā€™s 9:34 in Texas and I am getting ready to hit the hay as well. :smile:

If you post a topic on her tomorrow, I will be more than happy to review it for you. I await the arrival of the (almost?) final version of Shalyre.