Halo Discussion (Halo Infinite Hype!)

They are different if you know how to play to their strengths for instance plasma weapons are good for disabling shields.

Yes, plasma weapons eat up shields and ballistic drop health really quick. But tell me, what advantage does a Spiker have when compared to an AR/SMG? (besides the formerā€™s ability to draw spiky smiley faces :stuck_out_tongue:). Alternatively, in what substantial ways do the Storm Rifle, Plasma Rifle and Plasma Repeater differ?

2 Likes

Iā€™d say Plasma Rifleā€™s a little more accurate than the Storm Rifle and Plasma Repeater. But yeah, all three serve the same purpose.

1 Like

The spiker does a significant amount of damage but it has TERRIBLE range. The repeater has an OK rate of fire but it lacks significant damage. the plasma rifle has moderate damage but a pretty meh rate of fire. the storm rifle has the strengths of both the Plasma rifle and the repeater but it has a very small ammunition pool.

so the master chief collection is finally playable as of last week, so thatā€™s nice, Iā€™m not gonna commend 343 for it because they should have pushed back the release date

3 Likes

Indeed. Coop campaign with friends is fun though for Halo 2 Anniversary. We also did some of 3 and CE.

1 Like

beating all those campaigns on legendary alone for the second time was still a pain in the arse (so good when it was all over though)

1 Like

Man, you did LEGENDARY!? Dang, I usually do Heroic.

1 Like

yup, you can look at my xbox profile (mdlefngrstudios) I have the legendary achievements, I think it would be cool if after you beat the games on legendary, you could scratch up your armor and crack your visor like you have battle damage to show ā€œYes I beat this on the hardest difficulty, and yes you should bow before meā€ have not beaten ODST on legendary though, so that should be fun for the first time /s

1 Like

Iā€™ve played ODST. For your sanity, DONā€™T DO IT! Youā€™ll die so many times it wonā€™t be fun.

1 Like

The mission Gravemind in general was not fun(Freakinā€™ getting killed by Brutes in the first second of the level), I canā€™t wait to see how ODST is

1 Like

ODST is Legendary on NORMAL. You have to constantly run around finding new guns and such. You run out of ammo FAST. Lucky thereā€™s Brutes and no Elites.

I noticed, the first time I played was on heroic because Iā€™m dumb :confused:

1 Like

Sad part about ODST for me is that I broke the disc after getting halfway through it.

2 Likes

dang theat depresses me just hearing it. ODST was fun.

Iā€™m just gonna leave this hereā€¦

2 Likes

woah, what is that? well itā€™s something that has to do with Halo 5 (hurr durr) now I am looking forward to Halo 5, but there is something I have to expressā€¦ There was a video I watched the other day detailing the terrible effects the buggy Master Chief collection launch will have on the Halo community, and honestly it scared me if anyone is interested in watching it, here it is (warning it is an hour and 10 minutes and contains a lot of swearing) It detailed that because of the buggy launch, the Master Chief Collectionā€™s population has gotten very low, and 343 released an update recently that actually fixed everything and now the game is actually you know playable. But 343 has not made a big deal about this because they donā€™t want people to know there was a problem, but because of that the people that bought the game think itā€™s still broken so they will not go back to it because 343 has released so many updates that itā€™s like the boy who cried wolf and now people do not believe them anymore, and the MCC is doomed to die a slow and painful death. The only way they can bring people back is too give out more free stuff Relic and ODST are not gonna cut it (plus they have taken way too long to come out) and those are also restricted to only a handful of people who are still actually playing the game. Now I am one of those people who continues to play, and I am not a 343 hater, I am merely stating facts. We have to save the MCC

2 Likes

Did you find that through Halo Follower? I saw it yesterday.

Yeah, found it on Halo Follower.
I have no clue what is at the end of the countdown though.

2 Likes

So yesterday I beat Halo CE for the first time. I must say, it was a very fun (and very hard) game with some interesting weapons and unforgettable gameplay.
The reason it took me so long to play the game was because I never owned an Xbox and didnā€™t have the money to buy the first game on PC. I got the game sent to me in files by someone and played the campaign on Heroic mode.
And thus, a new Halo fan was born.

5 Likes