Halo: Enemies to Allies

The grunt let out a small shriek and averted his gaze.

“Of course. Bring as many as you like. There will be no fighting this day.”
Syro pleasantly responded.

“Hmph. I wish. But the big boss says no.”
Flapflap said, pointing to the Elite commander.

“Ohhh…” The elite said.
He looked at the humans, still wondering why they were there.

Briggs selects Thomas to accompany him to the Covenant camp. The rest of the humans were free to do as they pleased; they could also go the camp, return to the Library, and/or do some exploring. The Halo rings held within them many secrets, and this particular installation was not likely to be an exception.

Rick decides to go to the camp. He put his SMG away, although noticeably within easy reach.
“Mebbe I can reach these guys how ta play 'em some poker.”

2 Likes

S-7777 left the group and went back to the Library. He went over his weapons and made sure they were fully loaded and wouldn’t jam during any foreseen battle. He believed it was the wisest decision to be prepared in case of a betrayal, which he was sure would happen.

With a wave of his hand over his head, Syro instructed all his troops to go back to camp. Everyone turned around and went back the way they came.

As they walked, Flapflap got close behind Thomas and sniffed him curiously.

“Hm. Never got this close to a demon before.”
He noted quietly.

2 Likes

Chu’ck lumbered along, humming a time as he went. He seemed relatively oblivious to the potential danger.

Rick pulled out his pack of cards and began shuffling.

Briggs and Thomas follow.

This… confused Thomas, which was apparent through his body language.

“Huh… well, um… I guess there’s a first time for everything,” he offers in response, shrugging.

Back at the library, two ODSTs sleep in the one Warthog that the humans possessed: one snored in the passenger seat, while the other was curled up in the back, half-dressed, by the chaingun turret.

A couple jackals in the group looked at the Spartan wearily.

“So, the war is over.”
Syro said.

“Hard to imagine after so much time, after so much blood, it’s finally come to an end.”

Rick looked up from his cards. “I know, right? I’ve never had this happen, usually we’re picked up b’fore the end of the war. Know what I mean?” He put the cards away.

Chu’ck looked over some of the ODST soldiers. “Why are you so SHORT?” he asked.

“Do not be rude to our new… friends… Humans are simply a small race than we are. No different than the Ungoy or Kig-Yar.”
Said Syro.

*Ungoy = grunt
*Kig-Yar = jackal

Chu’ck nodded. “They look so… plump.”
He looked at Syro. “That was a com-cem-plee… Cumpleemint!” He sounded out the word slowly, trying to find the right syllables.

“E-yup,” replies Briggs. “Jus’ like that. One day, we’re shootin’ at each other; the next… it’s gonna take some getting used to.”

Thomas walks on, acknowledging their stares with a nod.

One ODST frowns behind his clear visor.

2 Likes

Rick looked at Briggs from behind his visor. " 'Ey! We could ‘ave a shootin’ range!"

“Listen, this isn’t easy for any of us, but we still must try our best to be kind to them.”
Syro whispered to his soldier.

The group was nearing the covenant camp. There was a short wall scrapped together from barricades and blast shields. What looked to be some massive four legged machine stood guard at the opening.

“So do you actually got a face under there?”
Flapflap asked the Spartan.

Thomas nods.

“I do,” he affirms. “It ain’t much to look at, but it’s a face nonetheless.”

Spartan O’Connor appears on board from a long marksman training. He said nothing, since there was nothing to say.

If anyone could see him on board his reputation as a Spartan Warrior would sever him well, though he was known not to be a guy of chit chat.

Realising he was a bit late for the meeting he finally spoke. “Am I late?” he asked with his voice deeper and darker than ever, as he looked around.

At the moment he had his gear on, katana and sniper stored on his back and his precious knife holstered onto his lower leg and he was holding his assault rifle with both of his hands.

The Library of this particular Halo ring- appearing as a massive, cathedral-like structure built from ancient silver metal- lay at the heart of a vast forest of lush evergreens, flowery meadows, and clear, meandering rivers. Spring had recently befallen the land, and patches of melting snow could still be found here-and-there. Today, the early-afternoon sun shines down upon the Library and the surrounding woods from a cloudless blue sky as patrolling Marines make their rounds about the structure.

The UNSC forces on the ring had taken refuge within the Library’s entrance hall and a grand antechamber that it led into. It was in this makeshift base that the Marines, ODSTs, and Spartans stored their supplies (the vehicles: a Warthog, Scorpion, and two Mongeese, were kept in large cave nearby). Efforts to proceed further into the Library had been met with stuff opposition from its’ compliment of Sentinel guardians.

1 Like

Spartan O’Connor explored the Library.

O’Connor would find that he could not currently proceed beyond the antechamber, lest he incur the wrath of the Sentinels.