Halo: Into the Howling Dark Reboot

The halls of the Last Regiment section of the UNSC Infinity were busy, and that’s never good. The Last Regiment negotiated a training exercise in which prompted Sarah Palmer to avert attention from the fact there were about 200 “stowaways” operating on the Infinity without UNSC control. Sadly, Palmer failed and now Admiral Jasper, leader of the fragmented LR Navy, had been working to shut up anyone that knew about it. This involved a heated discussion between himself and the ship’s extremely pleasant to be around and aging Captain Del Rio

Unarmored as she was, Sky’s presence caused most to step out of her way. Currently ranking the highest in the Spartan Foxtrot Command warranted respect from anyone, lest they cross a killing machine backed by 50 other killing machines. Sky frowned, for she couldn’t do that. Then again, anyone in front of her and the Spartan Foxtrot barracks would deserve nothing less of a beating. As she strode through the hall, many alien species were present, a main point of concern for the UNSC. The rarest sight was of a Jiralhanae, one of the alien enemies endured by the UEG, UNSC and LR until the end of the brutal Human-Covenant war. Surrounded by many Sangheili soldiers, his ex-rivals in the Covenant chain of command, it was hard to believe Irzon functioned as he should. Luckily, Sky and Tul Ip, an Unggoy botanist, kept him company. Being close to such a monster had it’s toll on Sky of course, many Jiralhanae warriors’ atrocities fresh in her mind. Thinking of the Jiralhanae Irzon brought her mind to Tul Ip, a teal armored stocky creature that barely passed her hips in height. Known as a Grunt for how they were used as cannon fodder by Covenant masters, their ability to attach to a subject with their lives made a recruitable soldier. In this case, Tul Ip had a fascination with plantlife, which the LR decided to help him with.

Realizing her thoughts had wandered from the Warzone simulation she and her “top” Spartans had to run in just half an hour, she quickened her pace. Her “top” Spartans didn’t actually have much experience with a Warzone simulation, as the LR wanted a real fight.

Warzone is chaotic, for it was a three way brawl, one side would be her Red team, the other being the Spartan IV Blue team, and the last side being many simulated Covenant(Remember we haven’t encountered Prometheans yet) threats. Their objective would be to capture bases, eliminate the resilient simulated enemies occupying the battlefield(for bragging rights), and destroy the enemy core. Of course this was Sarah Palmer’s plan, too. The UNSC naturally didn’t want this outer colony knockoff version of the Spartans taking down their own Spartans, so the UEG could have a reason to blow the LR out the airlock, with public support, for their failure. But proving they were on par with the Spartan IVs would send a message that the LR was here to stay in service of the Outer Colonies.

Finally, Sky reached the Spartan Barracks. It was a small area similar to the marine barracks.

“Demon lady!” A high pitched voice bellowed. ‘Oh God no…’ Sky thought as the small teal Grunt approached. “I want to wish you the luck of Mother Nature!” He practically screamed despite Sky being right in front of him. The Covenant, even as it broke, left it’s mark on the religiously confused alien races it commanded. In this case, Mother Nature was percieved as a God-like being by Tul and his other Grunts.

“Thank you, Tul. You should let me get back to work, though. Gotta get my Demons ready.” Sky said, using the Grunt’s terms for Spartan. The Unggoy would ramble on for hours if she didn’t dismiss him now.

“Affirmative! Be victorious!” He shouted in pride. The Unggoy waddled off to his specific quarters, where the gas he breathed, methane, was pumped into the rooms.

Why do they need to scream everything?’ Sky asked herself as she tapped a terminal in the center of the room, calling her team of Spartans to her. There were six teams among the Foxtrots, her team was Fireteam Daylight. The teams usually varied in number. What was unique about her team was the many ex-UNSC individuals. The first to arrive had been Grace 6071, her friend in the ODSTs. Sky knew it was complicated, but Grace came from a Forerunner installation that had been destroyed in late 2552. For what reason was unknown.

“Hey, Sky. Got my REQ cards ready for action.” Grace reported, saluting

“At ease… We’ll need every REQ card we can get if we want to win this, especially if we’re stuck with these guys. You’ve read their files, right?” Sky asked.

“Why would I? They’re our teammates, Sky. You of all people should know they won’t like that.” Grace argued.

“Well, how are you going to pronounce some of these names? The files don’t give pronunciations, what a shame… And, apparently we’ve got several killers on our squad. Don’t get me started on the ex-Covenant we’ll have to work with.” Sky countered. She looked over a list of names.

“Are you saying that you aren’t a killer?” Grace retorted. Sky’s life in the ODSTs wasn’t all sunshine and rainbows.

“Fair point.” Sky backed down. The others arrived, and they needed to move to the War Games simulator. “All of you, follow me. We’ll do introductions along the way.” Sky ordered the unarmored individuals.

OOC: Let’s do this
@Calebmar12
@FreeLanceVelika
@DragonBorn_Ben
@Xevins
@RaptorTalon
@Marendex_T17
@Bigthwomp
@SammySpartan
@EvilLobsterKing
@AMETHYSTDONTDOTHATstudios

OOC: hes @EvilLobsterKing now

1 Like

OOC:
Before I start could we do things not normally possible in game during the warzone matches?.

Such as make hasty repairs to a broken vehicle?

1 Like

OOC: do we also have access to the names of the others as well

1 Like

OOC: @Xevins Yeah. That way it won’t be as strange
@Calebmar12 Thanks, I corrected it now. Sky kind of offered it to Grace, but no one knows anything about anyone other than Sky, as Grace refused. So prepare yourself to make some friends and enemies

2 Likes

[[So we’re all part of this fire team or whatever right? Unless specified otherwise?]]

2 Likes

Howdy everyone.

I’m Xevins y’all can call me Xevy or Xev or X.

I fix stuff.

Try not to break what I fix or I’ll break you.

1 Like

OOC: Yes, we’re all in the same team for simplicity.

1 Like

Cabis vul glances around as he walks seeing many figures. A great look of distaste apears on his face as his eye pass of the Jiralhanae causing him to produce an angre grunt “hhgg”. His eyes pass over several of his own kind and begins to approach then. As he arrives he gladly introduces himself
“I am cabis vul supreme comman… humble zealot of the old covanent and you?”

2 Likes

OOC: I haven’t introduced my Elite and possibly won’t until later, but it’ll be interesting nonetheless. Also, make sure to set this topic to Watching.

“Welcome to the squad, X. I like your attitude.” Sky said, glad to have the cover of a nickname. She couldn’t say Xev because if she failed she’d appear weak. If she wanted to lead, unnecessary mistakes weren’t needed.

3 Likes

Cabis vul peaks his head as he hears the conversation and begins to approach X

2 Likes

Irzon notices Cabis and stops him before he reaches the Spartans. The Jiralhanae comes up from behind and taps the Sangheili’s shoulder, gaining his attention.

“Stop. The Spartans are headed to the Warzone simulation. I’d rather not see what the UNSC will do to them if they become delayed.” Irzon says with non-existant authority.

1 Like

Cabis vul looks at the Jiralhanae with a sour expression and srugs off the beasts hand “fine i will take my leave beast” cabis vul turns and walks over to a wall to sit at it.

1 Like

Irzon tries to let the snide remark slide, but finds that he cannot. He clenched his fist, the other preparing to grab his Spiker and put several needles in the Elite’s backside.

Before he could however, a familiar Unggoy called to him. “Irzon! We need to find-take some front seats!” Tul Ip all but shouted. Irzon took another glance at Cabis in similar disgust, before following his Unggoy companion.

1 Like

Cabis vul glances at Irzon but continues to sit

1 Like

OOC: pronounced "sev’

For future reference.

1 Like

Kel walks up to the group of other alien and asks. “Where might I go to watch this thing called warzone?”

Kel notices the Jiralhanae and greets him kindly. “Well hello there Jiralhanae. I am Kel.”

2 Likes

Cabis vul looks to Kel “care full the filthy beast is kept on a tight leash but dont temp it”

1 Like

"Nice to know our spectator’s chose the good match to watch.

Let’s get ready to please".

1 Like

OOC: im so confused as to what or who your saying this to. Or whos saying it

2 Likes