Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Go on.” Catina said. “There’s something else. Something you insisted we wait for until we got to Gahlogali…”

1 Like

Damo exhaled sharply. “I am the longest living Kaidon of Borli.” He said.

“And marry you on the beach… It doesn’t matter what beach, so long as we’re both there.” Aries said

1 Like

“Bingo!” Catina exclaimed. “I’m looking forward to us Marrying on a beach. But who would preside over the Wedding and marry us?”

And I assume that Hermes and I are no longer paired. Catina thought. Perhaps I should look into a third A.I. partner

1 Like

“Yet you act immature.” He said.

1 Like

“Me too, mi Corazon.” Aries smiled. “Sky? I dunno.”

1 Like

“Aw mio amore. Sky’s not qualified, despite no doubt saying she’s divinity and therefore could marry us.” Catina replied. “I wonder if a Fleetmaster, or if we are lucky a Kaidon we had just met would willingly be in charge of a wedding? Someone holding a position of power on Gahlogali at least.”

1 Like

“Valiynna?” Aries asked.

“You attempt to undermine my points, with jabs at my character. How very mature of the upper crust.”

“My Kaidon, the ships are splitting up. They will attack Gahlogali from all angles.”

“And so it begins. Those who will stand with me, I will do everything to guarantee your safety in these dark times. Where you see the enemy, my warriors will not be far.” Damo said. Tallium nodded.

1 Like

Esan sighed, seeing this was pointless to discuss. “Vakam, we should prepare for battle.” He said, leaving the conversation.

Esan sighed in dissapointment, as he walked towards Atan who was waiting for him. “So?” He asked.

“Damo is still blind, he thinks he can be the savior of Gahlogali and that we will not survive because we refuse to share his ideas.” Atan stopped and laughed.

“Do not be so worried uncle, Movum has been through worse and we survived, we shall do so again!”

2 Likes

“If we can find her.” Catina replied. “And of course if she didn’t join the Hesduros Covenant after her faked death, that really didn’t fool anyone.”

Catina then sent Sky and Leo a com, to hopefully get an answer to her question. “Sorry to bother the two of you.” She said. “But are we taking Daylight’s Prowler to Gahlogali? It can cloak after all, and it has an armor changing station on board. To make life easier while we figure out if we will be on vacation, or embroiled in a war. Gahlogali changes between those two extremes all the time.”

1 Like

“I mean I’m just waiting until we leave for the mission” Spetz said

2 Likes

“prepare the keeps for combat” Vakam said as he turned off his hologram. Within a few minutes Sotuv had been prepared for their attackers, the entire state readied themselves to fight, even the younglings wielded weapons.

1 Like

Leo, Hermes and Athena finished up loading up the pelican. “We are ready to go.” Leo said.
“Do not worry ma’am, I’m still working with you, I still have the connection with you.” Hermes said to Catina.

2 Likes

“That’s a good thing. I will still move like I am paired with an A.I. Except for my plans to not wear my armor, as soon as it’s safe to remove it.”

1 Like

“Me too… And I’m just sad…” Grace said. “I want to have someone to keep me happy.” Grace said.

“Awesome.” Sky said to Leo.

Damo left the room. “Launch the crusades. We will retake Movum and Sotuv by the end of the day in three sunsets.” Damo declared.

1 Like

Spetz looked at Grace “are you feeling ok?” He asked worriedly

2 Likes

“No… I miss my dad.” Grace said.

1 Like

Spetz sighed as he looked at her “after all he did to you?” He asked

2 Likes

“He was still my dad… No matter how much he beat me…” Grace teared up.

1 Like

Spetz stayed silent

2 Likes

Grace hugged him. “I need you…”

1 Like