Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Welcome to the LR then…honestly some days I wish I would have stayed in the UNSC.”

2 Likes

Grace hugged Sarah. “A little…”

Sky paced before Cabis, glaring at him.

1 Like

Cabis who i assume is in a cell alone but its possible that his three remaining followers are present and possible even the corpse its only possible that each of the 3 have there own cell but its been at no point specified looks up at Sky “what” he says his voice filled with malice backed by sadness

2 Likes

“It’ll be okay…” Sarah said as she cradled her.

2 Likes

“You know how f*cking close you were to taking everything from me!?” Sky spat. “Do you have people you care for!? Because I let you be something I cared for. I accepted you as family and all you have done is throw me aside. I know that I shouldn’t have called you by a nickname but it was my attempt at being nicer to you. What do you have to say for yourself?” Sky asked, fuming. The Cabbage patch was with Cabis though.

3 Likes

Cabis stood up at his full height and over shadowed Sky, he look down glaring at her “you drag me along as you skip around the galaxy with inconsistent missions that can be months apart” Cabis growled his voice getting louder “you attempt to enforce some fabricated relationship, because what… we have fought together maybe 7 times” Cabis’ face had a look of disgust “and you are so caught up in this feverish fabrication that you think i care in rerurn” Cabis said his voice full of hate but strangely claim he was leadering her somewhere “oh cabby let me hold you tight in my love hug” Cabis said making his voice a hugh pitch in an attempt to mimic hers before returning to nornal “well skyie i am just so happy that you watched me kill your parents. I would say it was a highlight of the war but it was nothing special. I did the same to hundreds of humans” Cabis’ voice began to grow into a roar “and ontop of all that you insist on picking up every useless stray savage instead of butchering them” Cabis said as he started to break into a coughing attack “so in return. What every gave you the idea that part of me would care?” Cabis finished and he slowly sat back down

4 Likes

“I told you I apologized for the nicknames, you dumb f*ck. I think I get it. You don’t care because you lost who you cared about. Who were they? What did they mean to you?”

1 Like

“Why don’t you share something that’ll help you calm down?” Sarah asked.

2 Likes

“Um… Uh…” Grace hugged Sarah tightly. “I um… You know where I come from?”

2 Likes

Sarah shook her head. “You never told me…”

1 Like

Raptor continued standing by his lonesome, watching as his new teammates went about recovering from the skirmish. He made no effort to aid, simply surveying as Levi and Sasha approached.

“You hit?” Levi asked, holding out a medkit. Raptor shook his head, letting out a deep sigh before crossing his arms.

“So you opened fire on a target without any prior knowledge?” He asked. Glancing down at Levi as the latter simply nodded.

“We’re under the command of Captain Stalvern, we acted as such”

“I see”

“And what did you do during the fight? I didn’t see you brawling or taking spines”

“It wasn’t my battle, I had no idea who was who or why. To have raised a finger in anything other than self defense would be irresponsible”

“I guess”

“So you would have just let them kill our teammates without a second thought!?” Sasha snapped.

“Yes” Raptor retorted.

2 Likes

Blake heard the conversation and rolled his eyes at Raptors comment.

3 Likes

“F*ck you” Cabis said as he looked at Sky and slowly began to stand again and glared down at her. Sky was looking up at an utterly alien face filled with killer teeth and hate filled eyes. “Lets take you back to high charity” said said with a hate filled roar and the other sangheili looked at each other nervously. “After the filthy beasts had there chains removed they took the opportunity to butcher the Sangheili. I tried as best i could but it took me to long to get home” Cabis contuined what could almost be considered a hateful sarcastic tone of voice hid his sadness “i opened the door to my humble dwelling to watch as the vile pests stabbed and beat my love” his voice slowly began to become colder and colder “so i pulled out my sword and returned the favor” Cabis said a heavy sadness in his eye “then i held her one last time” Cabis wasnt even looking at Sky anymore, he was looking through her caught up in his own world “then they came. The flood flew nicely into our city using one of your human ships” Cabis’ voice became a growl “and found my brother on the way. He was dead too. Then i found my son” Cabis flicked back to reality looked directly into Skys eye “i am sure i do not need to explain his death” Cabis said his eye weeping as he coughed more his voice becoming uneasy “i stood with a team from my own fleet and defended evacuation ships from both the flood and brutes. But as the fight went on my team passed away right before my eyes… 6 became a team of five quickly that number devolved 1. But by then the evacuation ships were gone” Cabis said growling “i lost everything that day. Sometimes i do not think Cabis Vul made it off high charity, but mearly shell or the shadow of a name”

5 Likes

“And after all that have you learned nothing? Today you nearly took the life of someone I care deeply for. I guess we have something in common. When you destroyed my world, in the chaos and confusion my brother too was lost. You must know what it is like. He was young. He was scared, and he had no clue what an alien even was… And your righteous fleet probably burned him. A child. Imagine your child, if I were to have him mutilated on the floor before you, how would you feel!? How would you f*cking feel you monster!” Sky screamed at him as she banged against the forcefield between them. Butch entered.

“Sky, return to your girl.” Butch said. “That’s an order.” He added. Sky nodded in tears, and left. “Cabis, I’m here to tell you the punishment. You’re gonna function a lot like the Arbiter. Your rank has been stripped and we have orders to destroy your ship. This type of behavior will not fly in the LR. You can rest assured many personal belongings have been secured to a Lich, and none of your crew have elected to stay aboard the vessel. You have the option to view the destruction.” Butch said.

2 Likes

"But those Elites! those monsters…they could have killed everyone, and you would have stood by and let it happen!? Sasha exclaimed.

“You two are the only people I know in this room, I don’t understand why I should risk my life and position for a group of strangers”

“I don’t know, maybe because you’re a frickin’ Spartan!? You joined to save others, right!?” Sasha retorted, on the verge of hysterics.

“I joined to kill an enemy that I was not strong enough to face beforehand. This is a far more complex matter than protecting Reach” Raptor replied, making sure to emphasize the end of his sentence. “The war is over, and it was not clear who I was meant to oppose in this specific situation”

“The aliens! they’re the ones who glassed our planet!” Sasha shouted.

“You don’t know that” Ra[tor calmly replied. Sasha hung her head, her eyes becoming flooded with tears.

“I don’t care…as long as I’m breathing, I’ll never forgive them…it’s sickening to think that you can be so indifferent”

2 Likes

Sarah waited for Grace to tell her.

2 Likes

Great, more people who can’t get along…at least the other two elites try. Blake thought as he kept helping Atan.

“I assure you that most of my species is not proud of what we have done to your race.” Atan told them. “Even I am.”

3 Likes

“I used to live on a Halo ring…” Grace held Sarah tightly.

2 Likes

“Oh… how was that?” Sarah asked her.

2 Likes

“It was nice…” Grace cried. “It was so nice…”

2 Likes