Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“I’m sure you can when we get back. What guns you using?” She asked

3 Likes

“Sniper” she says hefting the high powered rifle.

2 Likes

“Hmmm, what’s your secondary?”

3 Likes

“The M6D” she says pulling out her pistol

2 Likes

“Nice choice. Both guns pack a heavy punch…if you wanna at least get a few tips on how to be a good sniper, you can ask my brother. If he refuses let me know and I’ll beat his ■■■.” She giggled

3 Likes

“Thanks, but I have had some training, I went through the LR’s equivalent of Basic”

2 Likes

“Alright then. So Jess, what made you decide to join a crew before joining us.”

2 Likes

“I needed some excitement, my brother joined the army to see the world, but I decided to go on a less dangerous path”

2 Likes

“Well looks like you joined the army anyway. Don’t worry we’ll have your six if you have ours.”

3 Likes

She chuckles, “I’ll have you, except when changing position that is. I’ll talk to Blake to work out a system of covering”

2 Likes

“He’ll probably be in the back with the sniper if he gets the chance.”

3 Likes

“I know, so will I”

2 Likes

“Then you two could become buddy buddy.” She joked. “Anyway, just another obvious rule. Don’t get cocky or try and be a hero.”

3 Likes

“I cannot allow this… I will not let them kill Favlo…” Nos thought as he made his way back to the pelican with the others. “Perhaps if I ask Catina for help… I know she can be trusted…”

Nos entered the pelican, and from his body language it was extremely obvious something wasn’t right with him. He didn’t try to distance himself from anyone, and actually looked concerned as he looked at the others, instead of before where he wouldn’t have cared in the slightest… His mind was preoccupied, clouded with memories…

3 years ago

The smell of decay hung in the air, orange clouds fogged the halls. The lights flickered with what little remains of life they had, vile screeches echoed throughout the halls, along with gunfire. Nos clutched his stomach, he had been bleeding after a recent injury. He held his sword hilt tightly, but kept it deactivated to not create light and draw attention. A foul smell overpowered his nose as he heard unatural patterns of foot steps. He wandered the dark halls, following the gunfire. He passed by several corpses on his way, many covered in orange/yellow growths, the bones contorted forming weapons, the flesh stretched unaturally. He tried his best to not vomit from the smell. He turned a corner, he was on the other side of a battle, he witnessed as the infected bodies of Sangheili fired at a group of survivors, with Nos unfortunately being behind the infected. He took a deep breath and put his sword hilt away, replacing it with his plasma rifle. He fired into the backs of one of the creatures which made the group turn, he caused a perfect distraction and the group was swiftly dealt with. Nos slowly made his way into the room. The survivors among the group were three Sangheili, two Kig-Yar, and an ungoy. All whom had joined together to survive against the flood. Among them was one Nos knew well, a personal friend of his. Favlo Borli. “Favlo… You survived” Nos said surprised

“I am as surprised of your survival as you are mine nos, I thought you had perished, or that the parasite had claimed you… What happened to you?”

“I was tricked”

“We all were… Let us hope we can-” a blood curdling scream was heard, cutting off the conversation “now is not the time… Prepare yourself… We must go… Now”

Presently

“He helped me escape… Ensured my survival… Now I must ensure his” Nos thought

4 Likes

Favlo had definitely changed from what Nos knew.

Sky provides Catina her smoothers, and got on the Pelican.

1 Like

The cabbage patch boarded the pelican

2 Likes

Leo boarded the pelican and had to sit on the ground because of the cannons he attached to his armor.

Samuel and Sarah both followed.

“Everyone on?” Ana asked.

2 Likes

Beth nudged sky “is that four jaws always like this?” She asked as she pointed to Nos

2 Likes

Blake lead Jäger on board only for Jäger being forced to sit in front of Leo. As Blake and Kaitlynn took their seat. Atan looked at the pelican.

“We need another vehicle…it is starting to become cramped.” He stated, seeing barely any room for him to board

3 Likes

“perhaps we should use a lich to transport us from now on, it will have way more room than this vehicle will… And will actually be able to fit the animal” Kyanna said

2 Likes