Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“My heaviest weapon is a Gravity Hammer. And I’d prefer that mech being kept out of striking distance.” Catina said.

Since Catina couldn’t do anything but sit in the prowler, she sent Beth a com. “How are you doing on guard duty on the Lich? We stole some vehicles and are running from a Brute piloting some Frankenstein mech.” She said. “If only we had brought our own mechs, that we keep on The Short Straw…and I cannot believe Grace forgot all about hers. She lovvvves crushing enemies with it.”

1 Like

“Keep going!” Sky shouted as she looked to the end of the tunnel, rapidly approaching.

1 Like

Beth flew the loch out of the station “we’re getting the loch out of here, we’ll have to pick you guys up when we can” Beth replied

2 Likes

Catina looked forward to see the end of the tunnel. Where she saw that doorway they were headed for. So Catina turned back and showed the Brute operating that mech her middle finger.

“Monkey want a 'nana?!” She then shouted through her helmet’s loudspeakers. A blatantly racist thing to say to a Jiralhanae.

“So much for an easy mission then.” Catina replied to Beth.

1 Like

“I have so many questions” Spetz starts to rant to himself as he tries to fix his jammed DMR
“Why are they even here? Why this planet? Are they looking for something?”
A brute charges at Spetz as he smashhed his DMR on his head bending the rifle

2 Likes

As Daylight continued, the relatively delicate mech crashed into the wall above the door, ripping the mech in half across the midsection. Sky smiled as they reached the primary reactor.

1 Like

“That’s convenient.” Catina said. “Now to set this reactor to explode, and get off this station in time. Especailly those of us who cannot just jump out the ship and into space.”

Catina then disembarked the Prowler she was sitting on, and walked over to the wrecked Brute mech. Immediately killing one of the Brutes that had hung onto the mech with her shotgun as she searched the wreckage for the mech’s pilot, planning to do the same to him if he survived.

1 Like

“Want me to set up charges?” Leo asked.

2 Likes

“Do it.” Sky said.

1 Like

Leo nodded and began to set up charges around the reactor. “If anyone wants to help there’s some extras in my bag.”

2 Likes

“I also know how to shut off the reactor’s cooling system, but the time we would have to escape would be random.” Catina said over the coms as she walked over top of the mech’s wreckage. Finally seeing the Brute piloting the mech struggling to push a section of the mech off of himself. She readied her shotgun and walked to roughly five-six feet away, then she waited for him to start freeing himself.

1 Like

“We’re cancelling the apocalypse today.” Sky said, helping Leo.

A large Brute entered, towering over each and every one of them, even the Irzon and Tul combined harness.

“Fools…” The Brute spat. “Urielus is upon you.”

The mentioned towering Brute knocked Irzon and Tul away with a single swing of its hammer.

1 Like

Catina turned to face this new threat. Then she briefly turned back to face the Brute mech pilot, and threw both a Plasma Grenade and then a Spike grenade through a gap, into the cockpit that he was still trapped inside of.

They exploded as Catina walked down the broken mech a short distance, and she then stuck her second to last Plasma Grenade to Urielus’s back.

1 Like

“Samuel, you take care of finishing the charges.” Leo said as he took out his carbine.

Samuel nodded and continued putting down charges.

2 Likes

“Kill him!” Sky shouted as Urielus roared and charged forward.

“You will not dismantle my carnage!” Urielus barked

1 Like

“Snipe him?” Catina asked Aries by com, as she readied her shotgun and either waited for Urielus, or went after him, depending on who he charged.

1 Like

Aries shot and killed Urielus.

“Yay…” She unenthusiastically said. “Can we go home now?”

1 Like

that was uneventful Kyanna thought “we need to wait on the youngling to bring the lich” Kyanna said “if we can find a way for her to get to us”

2 Likes

“Charges are set.” Samuel said.

2 Likes

“Hmm… We set it to detonate, and leave. Got it?” Sky said, placing the last charge. “Ana, can I just pick you up again? I need you.” Sky said. She scooped her up regardless and sat on a Prowler. “Now let’s go.”

1 Like