Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“I know the feeling. In fact I had my bubbleshield in Fiirgard, and never even used it when it might have stopped me from being wounded.” Catina told Ana.

1 Like

“knowing that worm this is most definitely a trap” Kyanna said to Alex in a private comm “i suggest sending Leygall to follow Acheron in the shadows”

2 Likes

“Leygall. We need treat these wounded, make sure Acheron doesnt crawl back to his master” Alex said looking around for the red elite

3 Likes

“understood” Leygall said, disappearing without another word.

“in the mean time let us set up a defensive perimeter, in case a wandering patrol or ambush comes by” Kyanna said

“sounds like a great idea” Kiana said

2 Likes

Leo nodded. “I have two or three small deployable shields in my bag if anyone wants to use one.”

2 Likes

“Cover both sides of this hallway please” Alex said as he looked out the hole in the wall “and one here”

Acheron arrived at a large door and began to start trying to get it open

2 Likes

Leygall simply watched, not wanting to make his presence known.

2 Likes

Leo nodded and took out the shields. He handed on to Samuel and one to Sarah. They both went to both side a of the hallway. Leo took the third and put in in the hole.

2 Likes

“Aries, over here.” Catina said to Aries over the coms. "My shotgun is good for breaking Sagheili energy shields, and can give you a good opening to headshot any hostiles who I soften up first.

1 Like

Beth positioned herself behind one of the deployable shields, she activated her jackal shield in case of the deployable one breaking, and positioned her rifle to aim out of the corner the curved shields couldn’t cover.

2 Likes

The large door slowly hissed open and Acheron drew his sword as he stepped in “Cabis we both know i am a better fighter then you” Acheron yelled as he stomped his way into the room

Cabis slowly turned around, a large ornamental mantle piece on his back his zealot armour had been replaced with a golden more spiked and angled variant that was heavily polished, his helmet was removed and 2 flowing dark red capes were visible, one coming from his back and the other from his waist. “And you return. Unfortunately for you i offer no forgiveness”

A group of elites with raised shields and drawn blades were sprinting towards daylight.

3 Likes

“we got four jaws coming fast” Beth said as she opened fire at one of the elites. kiana and kyanna heard her and moved to assist, Kiana used her DMR, while Kyanna used her assault rifle.

Leygall held a deactivated sword hilt in case he was spotted as he slowly entered the room, hugging the wall.

2 Likes

“I do not want your forgiveness Cabis, i am here to help kill a monster” Acheron said
Cabis smiled “and your human friends will die” Cabis said with a laugh as a holographic display opened showing the camera footage of the elites begining to engage daylight. “And i will kill you myself” Cabis said with a snarl as he reached for his hip and drew his own sword.
Sordid entered the room
“Why not give me a traditional duel. Show me your strength” Cabis said mockingly as Acheron began to charge him.

One of the red elites lept over the shield barrier and used his shield to push Alex away

The elite Kiana had targeted ran forward with his shield held infront of his face to try block headshots

2 Likes

Kiana sidestepped the elite and slammed the butt of her rifle into it’s head.

Kyanna turned around and began firing at the elite that had pushed alex

Beth threw a plasma grenade at the group of elites who remained behind the shield.

2 Likes

The elite flicked its head back towards Kiana head headbutt her

The elite slashed its sword towards her

It was super effective but more are on the way

Red and blue light was being cast across the room as Acheron outmaneuvered Cabis, however Cabis managed to hold his defense up while being pushed backwards.
“Its time you die Cabis, and with you the false dreams of the covenant shall die too” Acheron roared as he continued to push Vul back.
“I will not fall here” Cabis grunted
Acheron kicked his leg up and sent Cabis onto the floor “you spoke to soon” Acheron began to walk towards Cabis.
Cabis made a move to grab his sword from where it fell but Acheron kicked it away.
“Do not do it. I can give you power in this new world” Cabis said as he looked up at Acheron

1 Like

Catina made her way to their position, leaving the hole in the wall that had a deployable shield blocking it for the time being. She made her presence known with a shotgun blast to the midsection of the Elite that Kiana just hit with the butt of her rifle.

1 Like

Kiana was knocked to the floor, her DMR fired up into the ceiling twice as she went down, she rolled and got up quickly, then got some distance from the elite

Kyanna dodged the blade, it had melted off her shoulder pad, and cut into her skin. She dropped her assault rifle and activated her own blade “two can play this game” she said as she swung at the elite

Leygall moved behind Sordid, prepared to stab him in the back if he tried to interfere with Cabis and Acheron’s fight

2 Likes

Sordid had a grim look on his face, and possibly some deep enjoyment.
Acheron sent his sword flying towards Cabis. But Cabis was fast, faster then Acheron had anticipated. Cabis slapped Acherons sword hand knocking it off path and sending it to the floor. Cabis then closed his newly burnt hand into a fist and sent it into Acherons face.
Acheron dazed stepped back and held his head in his hands.
Cabis stood up reaching his full height, he glared down at Acheron and closed his hands around Acherons neck. Acheron looked up to Cabis and begun to struggle.
Cabis took one hand away from Acherons neck, tore off his helmet and began to violently punch Acherons head.
Soon Acheron fell to the ground, a bloodied and warped face.
A small red blade extended from Cabis wrist armour and was slowly pushed into Acherons neck.
Acheron became limp as he died.
“Sordid, fetch some of the grunts to polish and clean my armour” Cabis looked down at his burnt right hand “and send a medic”
Sordid nodded and began to walk off

2 Likes

Leygall waited for a moment a sordid left, he then made his way through the hall and put a series of motion sensor charges in place in case backup came for Cabis. Leygall then returned to the room and found a corner to hide in. He watched Cabis and prepared for the worst. in the end this worm was your death… Leygall thought as he glanced at Acheron’s body before returning his focus to Cabis

2 Likes

Catina drew her machete with one hand, and plunged it into the neck of the Elite she knocked to the floor with that shotgun blast, making sure he wouldn’t be getting up again.

Catina put her last Spike Grenade to use, throwing it at the second group of Elites heading towards Beth. And she sorely missed the last Plasma Grenade she gave Irzon, especially as he disappeared with it.

1 Like