Halo: ODST RP

The dimly lit room served as the ODSTs temporary briefing room.

“…Alpha Nine will land here, and we’ll land here.” Grace explained. “This hasn’t been done before, but we’re going to show the brass that the ODSTs are still the best of the best.” Grace paused. “Am I right!?” She shouted.

“Yes, ma’am!” Most of the ODSTs replied, except one, who simply saluted. Grace made a mental note to watch the ODST closely.

“We’re all rookies, acquaint yourselves. Make time to equip your weapons, and get to your pods… We’re dropping in 10.” Grace said.

@Bionicdeadpool
@King_Ved
@Calebmar12
@EvilLobsterKing
@Bigthwomp
@Winterstorm345
@RaptorTalon
@FreeLanceVelika

5 Likes

OOC: Who saluted?
IC: Winter walks to his pod and begins loading his gear

1 Like

“Ten? I only need nine.” Keith thought as he brandished his knife and slipped it back into it’s sheath beside his SMG.

1 Like

OOC: Sky was the only one to not shout “yes ma’am”

“You, get over here. Name?” Grace asked.

“S-Sky, ma’am!” She nervously shouted.

“Why didn’t you shout with the others?”

"I’m just a little shaken is all. My last drop didn’t go so well, I’m the sole survivor.

“Attention ODSTs, as soon as we drop, rally with me. You stick with me, we’ll be fine, got it?” Grace raised her voice.

“Got it.” Sky nodded, and placed her green ODST helmet on. She grabbed a shotgun and walked to her pod.

Sarah goes to grab her weapons a little nervously.
“Lighten up sis, you’ll survive this.” Samuel pats her on the back. “Your big head got you a big helmet, it will keep you safe.” He laughs.
Sarah turns to give him a punch on the should, “Not funny. Although I’m scared of the mission, I’m moreworried about everyone back home. I feel something bad may happen.”
“Everyone home will be fine, you just miss your study buddy.” He grabs his weapons and starts walking toward his pod. His sister follows.

1 Like

Nexus turns off the music inhis helmet, and walks to the pod, slinging the Sniper and Assult rifles over his shoulders. He leaned on the back of the pod. “Let’s hurry up with this.”

1 Like

“Five.” Keith muttered as he lit a cigar.

1 Like

Alex stepped into his pod, his turret loaded on his back. He cracked his knuckles as the door closed.

Vanessa slowly approached her pod, Her hands shaking as she shivered in fear. As she entered, she let out a sigh of worry as the door closed.

1 Like

Winter closes his pod and mentally prepares himself for the mission ahead

1 Like

Nexus hums a tune, silently ticking off on his fingers how many seconds has passed.

2 Likes

“Hey rookie” Winter says over the comms to Nexus, "This your first drop?

1 Like

“Yeah.” Nexus stops ticking off how many seconds are left and starts ticking how many seconds late they are.

1 Like

“Try not to scream, it breaks my concentration”

1 Like

“Why would I scream?”

1 Like

“You’ll see” Winter shuts the comm channel off

1 Like

“Eh.” Nexus has counted that they’re 5 seconds late.

1 Like

OOC: Sorry for this, but I’ve actually been referring to Butch as Grace this entire time. Butch is the squad leader, even though I set Grace up to be, that’s why she seems so out of character.

One last thing, like Into the Howling Dark, set this topic to “Watching”

“Alright, you know the music, time to dance.” Butch shouts over comm. The pods in front deploy, then they all find themselves plummeting down to the city. Briefly, they find themselves in the cloud layer, before they are greeted with the view of New Mombasa, slightly obstructed by a huge Covenant ship. As they got closer to the vessel, the sky in front of it began to flicker white and dark blue, before a massive orb appeared. Swiftly, the Covenant ship as well as the orb disappeared, and a massive nuclear explosion wracked the city, which engulfed all the pods.

“This is Butch, squad, report.” He said after a coughing fit.

“Where are you?” Sky asks. She kicks open the front of her pod, and leaps out, finding herself in a city street. An empty pod is in front of her, and nearby she hears a Battle Rifle burst.

“I’m in the Wildlife Preserve. Forget about me, we need to get into the city.” Butch replies.

“Help!” Sky hears a muffled cry. She turns a corner to find a Brute standing over Grace, about to stab her with a Spiker. A loud bang resulted in the Brute’s demise. Sky held out her hand to help Grace up.

“Th-thanks.” Grace says, taking Sky’s hand.

“Don’t mention it. I fought these guys before. They’re not as tough as the split lips.” Sky commented.

1 Like

Sarah collapses out of her pod trembling. “I hate that thing.”
Samuel jumps out of his all excited, “Come on get up! It’s not that bad!” He helps her up. He takes out his DMR.
Sarah regains her composure and takes out her SMG. “Let’s head over to those two.” She points at Grace and Sky.

1 Like

OOC: I do this for all my RPs along with the lego creations catergory

IC: Nexus opens the pod door, which soon after falls off, and attempts to step out, but instead falls to his knees. After a couple seconds of recovery, He finds he landed on top of a building. He looks around for others through his scope, taking out any Covenants he sees.

1 Like

Greg opens his pod leaping out as fast as he can. He frantically looks around “um… squad leader theres no covanent around here thank god… weres the new rally point” he nervously says over the comms

1 Like