Hangara, Insane Mutant Assassin

So remember that other really skinny MOC I posted in that old Princess Nehe topic?
https://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/nehe-princess-of-jungle-with-a-bonus/22570

Well, I decided to make a post on her too.

Cold, ruthless, mysterious, and just borderline insane, Hangara was one of the most feared antagonists that any warrior had to face. Before she eventually became good, discovering the meaning of her life, Hangara was nothing but a stone cold killer, decimating everyone in her path with her high powered energy blasts and her quick, cat-like movements.

Unlike a lot of beings in Bionicle, Hangara was not created into existence by the Great Beings. Rather, she was the creation of The Brotherhood of Makuta. When she was born, she thought of nothing but slaying any enemies that crossed her path.

Unlike Nehe, who was made in the intent of being sexualized, I wanted Hangara to be heavily based on other powerful creations of science, mainly Mewtwo from the Pokemon franchise (notice the cord on the back of her neck and digitigrade posture). You can say that she also has a bit of Mystique from the X-Men franchise as well.

I wanted to create this MOC with the intent of making her look deceptively vulnerable. The almost stick-like build that a lot of people despise on female MOCs was actually done on purpose to give her that emaciated, mutated look. This is also conveyed in the digitgrade legs, which actually end in hooves at the bottom of her feet. She also has a red cord on the back of her neck to give her that look as well. In my story, the cord not only serves to enhance her powers, but to keep them in control as well. She also doesn’t have much armor on her at all either, adding that that look of weakness. As for mask powers, she technically does not need a mask but chooses to wear one to hide her face and also give her additional mask powers. For her mask, I chose a Great Rau which adds to her sleek design. Don’t mind the plastic fatigue on her mask. Although if she did get an Aki Nuva, which she can also use, she would be almost godlike (she even has the same color scheme as Superman).

Even though she looks weak, Hangara is actually quite strong in terms of physical strength; able to kill an entire Toa team by herself.

Being the skilled warrior that she is, Nehe almost stood a chance. However, she was almost killed in the last minute.

By the way, it was Hangara that killed all of Nehe’s people, with Nehe being the only one to survive the massacre.

I kind of let my imagination go wild on this one. This is actually one of my older MOCs. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

6 Likes

Anorexic much?

5 Likes

Try covering the torso with smoother armor to match the arms and legs. Right now she looks like she’s been without food for twenty years.

2 Likes

Skinny, but pretty well built.

I don’t think malnutrition would help with such a complicated job like assassination…

3 Likes

You guys, she’s not supposed to look like a normal human. And extra armor would just take away from the deceptive vulnerability that she is trying to convey.

pretty nice despite what you were going for the torso could use some thickness around where the axle is in the glatorian neck, try using a tire or somethingthis one should do as it works to cover the gaps in ccbs bones pretty well. And the color distribution is a bit odd like the dark azure only being on the legs should be regular blue, and the fore arms should be dark red, though to be fair that size in dark red is rather uncommon.

Pretty nice and accomplishes what you wanted from it in a nice way.

1 Like

I get that you explained her super thin look and awkward legs on her story, but it still looks awkward in many angles. While I understand you wanted her to look mutated she looks unfinished here.

Anyway the torso is too spindly, arms are basic but eh. The legs are probably what irks me the most, while I like that style of leg what you did to build em was pretty basic and uninteresting in the end.

Overall it’s meh, it could be improves by feeling out the torso. I know you want her to look skinny and all but right now she looks unstable and unfinished.

2 Likes

I’m not one of those proportion-freaks. However, there’s a fine line between being able and not being able to support their own weight.

I see what you’re going for, but the execution leaves much to be desired.

2 Likes

Apart from what has already been stated, I’m not a big fan of the many reds and the odd placement of the trans-blue in the legs, especially since it’s basically nowhere else in the MOC

That doesn’t mean it looks good.

5 Likes

The hip connection is what messes up the entire torso IMO. It just is too skinny, even compared to the rest of the Moc. This could use some minor work, but after that, I’m sure it would look a million times better.

She well built, but a bit too skinny for my tastes

The waist is ridiculous.

How thin it is makes it disproportionate to the rest of the MOC.

2 Likes

She could stand to be cleaned up a bit, but okay.

1 Like

Ok, I made a few changes to her. Looking back, the stick like feature of her torso really made her look ridiculous. Also, I got new parts, including a new Rau!! Sorry for the late reply.

I wanted to keep her slim, skinny look while at the same time not make her look like a stick. So I added one of those Matoro Mahri shoulder armor shoulder pieces to her stomach to kind of “fatten” her up.

The sides and the back were also thickened out using technic pieces. Also I extended her neck because at the front her shoulders kind of looked hunched. This is supposed to be an agile, slim, feminine character and the hunched look didn’t look right to me.

To her feet I added a technic piece to act as a toe for more stability for her greater weight.

She can still balance herself on one leg. HIYAH!!!

I think I might make her a Nokama clone or something.

2 Likes

The rear is a little odd being a semi-spehere and all, but it’s a good MOC.

1 Like

The arms still need better color distribution and there’s still the matter of dark red only being in the feet but she’s improving.