Hangin' with Miney Ep. 1

“Hey guys, so a couple of ya wanted to know what my setup looks like, so I figured I’d give y’all a tour.”

|
|
“Now, don’t make fun of me just 'cuz it’s not as up-to-date as your stuff, 'cuz this stuff has not failed me yet and I got it for a bargain. And if you got any tips on how I can improve this stuff, feel free to share 'em, 'cuz I’m not real great with computers and tech-y geeky stuff.”

|
|
“Anyways, without further ado, here’s my setup! Don’t really know what makes these bad boys are but like I said, they have not let me down these past few years.”

|
|
“Here’s the real deal - this keyboard was only 8 bucks and it still has most of the keys! The screen was a find in a garage sale, the casing hadn’t even started yellowin’, and the owner of the screen said I could have the mouse for free ‘cuz he wanted to get rid of it. The tower over there was the best bit, I found it in my parents’ attic when they were moving. My bro who’s good with tech said it wasn’t any good, but check out who’s laughin’ now!”

|
|
“That mic’s some sorta old brand I couldn’t find on the internet, so I can’t really tell what the specs are on it, but it sounds great and the wire was the only thing I had to get checked. The tower is pretty optimized, it boots up in like just 8 minutes or so! The disc drive even works!”

|
|
“So there ya have it, my dudes. My setup’s pretty great in my opinion, gets the job done, can get the Boards site up and runnin’ in just under 2 minutes. That’s all I got for ya today, catch ya next time on Hangin’ with Miney!”

|
|
“First episode went well… welp, time to wrap it u–… Gosh, darn it! Freakin’ history encyclopedia, stay on the ladder… darn books. First order of business when this one goes up is gettin’ a camera stand.”

Until next time, on Hangin’ with Miney!

15 Likes

windows explorer the user shows off his tech setup (he is assembling a skeleton of his ancestor)

little rough around the edges, but the build and humor is painfully nostalgic, and so it gets a fave from me. hopefully next iteration will upgrade from windows xp and slip out of the orange buffalo londons

4 Likes

I take offense at that, everyone knows my facial taskbar contains only Edge, File Explorer, Minecraft Launcher, BrickLink Studio, Word, and Snipping Tool. Internet explorer is old, even for me!

Yeah, I haven’t built this kind of system MOC in a long time and I don’t have a lot of tiles to smooth the desk off. The idea was to build the most ludicrously outdated setup I could and establish this kind of thing (“Hangin’ with Miney” is something I intend to continue). And Minethuselah (or I guess that’s me… so he’s got my actual name) is based off of my real life appearance, so I’ve got my red jacket, orange shoes, and jeans.

4 Likes

also jsyk windows explorer and internet explorer are two different things

5 Likes

Hahaha :rofl:. this is a cool and has a lot of personality in it.

3 Likes

I figured I’d ask this while this MOC is still recent - does anyone know ways I can improve the figure in this? It’s mostly just the body I’m having trouble with. I want it to look like a red jacket over a white T (sh to the irt but boards won’t let me write that), but I can’t figure out how to get the look right while still having it be stable.

Here are some breakdowns. I want to keep the overall shape of the jacket (wide on the shoulders, only slightly thinner on the body), but it can change if you guys are able to make it better.

4 Likes

What type of hands are you looking for? Also If you have red ball joints they would match the color scheme better.

3 Likes

hey, hey, keep your shirt on; there’s plenty of ways to write it :wink:

6 Likes

The arms are fine for me, I generally roll the sleeves of the jacket up anyways. And yeah, I do have red joints but they’re on a moc where they kind of have to be red.

4 Likes

I like how the computer screen curves outward, that’s a nice touch!

3 Likes

Okay. So what’s the main thing you want to upgrade on this build?

3 Likes

I mainly want the jacket to look a bit more smooth. The first picture shows what it looks like from the back normally, and those big rectangular bits are what I want to mesh more with the back.

4 Likes