Harambe Reborn

I was gonna say that it needs longer legs… But actually it would look a lot less confusing. I don’t think you could’ve done better to convey the gorilla look! That is awesome!

1 Like

The gold could be distributed better, and the backstory is potentially offensive, but it does look pretty good.

Just make sure he stays away from pre-schools

1 Like

I really do not know what to think about this…

Build is pretty nice. and the hammer reminds me of a few I have built lately.

Good feedback. I actually tried the silver pieces, but you are correct in that it looked too bland.

@darkbrick999 How is it potentially offensive? I’m genuinely curious about this, because I was basically banned for posting this MOC over at BZPower. But I have no idea why, since I didn’t feel like trying to beg and plead with the mods for an explanation.

Rise of Gorilla-net.

Is it too late to say “too soon”?
Aside from the kind of saddening, and then kind of humorous backstory, I like the look of this guy a lot. I’m almost glad they didn’t color the crystal-add-on parts with the purple in the set they came from, because they probably wouldn’t have worked like that here.
Dig the feet and the rocket launcher, and that hammer, wow.
I think the guns for fingers was kind of clever too.

I’m still not sure what to think of the backstory but the MOC itself isn’t too shabby.

Out of curiosity, who is this going to offend? The gorilla’s family that’s gonna see the MOC?

For the record, we have reviewed the MOC and topic, and we will be taking no action against it. We feel that nothing about this is against any of our rules.

16 Likes

Thanks man. Maybe PETA or something?

Fascinating model. What’s with the chestplate though? Did you trim it down? I also don’t recognise the decal - What’s that from?

.#toarila

1 Like

Winston, is that you?

1 Like

Thx man! I did indeed trim the chest plate down. I used my Dremel to sand off the “wing” parts that stick out on the side. Otherwise it’s a standard black Onua, but with Gorzan’s decal.

1 Like

Most people would probably be fine with it, but there are some people who believe that that the gorilla shouldn’t have been killed. Also, if someone one the boards happens to have been, say, a keeper of Harambe, they would probably consider this extremely disrespectful.

Well I think there are only 5 possible people in the whole world who were keepers of the gorilla at the zoo. I’d say the risk of them being on here and therefore being offended, is nil.

2 Likes

Fair enough. Seriously though, my sister is a zoo keeper, and whenever an animal dies, it really takes it’s tole.

Haha, oh wow. Just saw how BZP butchered your version of this topic over there. What a bunch of humourless babies.

4 Likes

I know, right? Whatever. I’m done with that site. They get probably a tenth of the traffic and content that this site gets. So between this board, reddit r/bioniclelego, and Flickr, I’m good.

3 Likes

[quote=“Eljay, post:31, topic:25042”]
Out of curiosity, who is this going to offend? The gorilla’s family that’s gonna see the MOC?
[/quote]

And this is why I use these forums. Good lord, people need to lighten up a little bit.

14 Likes

I see where you are coming from, but I see (and hope) that this is more of a tribute to Harambe.

Would a tribute to one of those animals upset them?

What a site.

I haven’t got an account over there, but after seeing this I reckon I’d only make one for goofs and probably getting banned…

7 Likes