Hardcore Nerds

Confirmed: not a ne- wait, Eljay’s your favorite cast member? Definitely a nerd

How does that make you a nerd? I actually find Eljay extremely irritating most times. While his sketches can bring out a chuckle, the majority of his character is yelling into his mic. He can be very knowledgeable about the BIONICLE universe, but it doesn’t mean that he has to argue every single point with such anger.

1 Like

I’m lookin’ at you, Legends of Metru Nui coverage, I’m looking at you.

But anyway, I dun really know if I can call myself a true geek or hardcore nerd or whatever.

I mean, I’m for sure the most hardcore at my school and town in general but not so much in retrospect vs the entire internet.

I mean, I used to watch anime. Don’t anymore.

I used to play lots and lots of Video Games. Nowadays I’ll like, maybe get a Nintendo game here or there(And Shovel Knight).

I still watch lots of cartoons and such, I still go out and see Superhero movies.

I’m a Transformers fan, but nowhere near an expert on everything because there’s so darn much.

I mean, I know the absolute basics of every different series, but I’m not quite that encyclopedic on the things like Headmasters(Japan series), Beast Wars II, Beast Wars Neo or the like. Anything that aired or was dubbed in the US I know. Other than MTMTE I’m an infant when it comes to knowledge on the comics.

I know lots about Bionicle, yeah, but then who doesn’t? At least, on these Boards.

I’m a Toku fan, and while I don’t watch much sentai, I still know like, the gist of some series, and I’ve seen like, two of them. I watch Kamen Rider’s Heisei era lots, but I know 'bout nothing of the Showa Era.

I know lots about most of Lego’s action themes Post-Alpha Team.

Was a competitive YGO player for a while, then I began to suck, as @Risebell has likely told you.

Also, ashamedly, I was super into Bakugan of all things a while back. I’m not into it, but I could still likely tell you lots about it.

I’ve played Magic: The Gathering, but I suck at it.

So yeah, I’m likely forgetting stuff, but for now, that’s not-hardcore-at-all Nyran.

Sorry to disappoint. >.>

5 Likes

My post was sarcastic and I agree wholeheartedly with yours. Having talked to him outside of “character” so to speak, he’s fine, but… yeah. Not a fan most of the time.

1 Like

I kinda know what you mean. There are a gazillion things that I know a decent amount about, but that I’m hardly an expert in. I consider myself more a “jack-of-all-trades” than a nerd, tbh.

3 Likes

Did I forget to say YuGiOh? I think I did.

On your first thing about Eljay: I really feel like I need to correct both Eljay and Kahi for their errors sometimes on the podcast.

1 Like

Uhh.

I have read every single page on BS01.

At least three times.

2 Likes

Bionicle knowledge doesn’t count towards nerdship here. :wink:

2 Likes

I read my AP history book… For fun.

@Chro YES IT DOES.

2 Likes

@Chronicler I’m not sure if BIONICLE knowledge really does mean much here. I mean, look here.

even me:

And there’s also Eljay. I’d say everyone here knows something about BIONICLE if not a lot. What interests us is if you know other things. I’m sure not many people here know read AP History books for fun, or can recite the Presidents of the U.S. So be creative.
Not that I’m saying knowing a lot about BIO doesn’t make you a nerd, just that lots of people on here are nerds. But why else are you besides BIO?

1 Like

I spent about four hours yesterday looking for one system part.

1 Like

I have you beat there…

I’ve spent three weeks searching for one gear…

I do that on a regular basis. Chumps.

Still looking for this one technic piece. Which I lost ten years ago.

1 Like

I have my own LEGO ROOM, that’s right, an entire room.

3 Likes

I have one of those. It’s my bedroom.

5 Likes

But I have both.

Are you not dedicated enough to sleep with your Lego?

1 Like

That sounds painful. (I move in my sleep a lot :confused: )

1 Like