Help running a bionicle themed rpg

I am planning on running a pen and paper bionicle rpg campaign using the doronai nui system. The only problem is that none of the people I am playing with know anything about the bionicle universe (and most have little to none experience with rpgs). I was planning on having the campaign being set after the matoran civil war, and possibly having the pcs go to the northern continent on a mission for Teridax. I have toa of lightning, psionics, and fire so far in the group. Do you have any reccomendations on explaining the bionicle universe to my group or any campaign ideas to help thrust them into the world easily?

1 Like

BS01’s a good website to show to your players. It’s one of the more reliable Bionicle wikis out there.

1 Like

Eh, start with a very small story - i.e. so-and-so needs to do X for Y reason. Think 2001-ish on the Northern Continent.

You don’t want to drown your players in lore or they will quit, but you need to give them just enough detail to play. How much do the players need to know to accomplish this task? is a good question to ask. Hopefully that will get yourself a balance between too much and not enough.

3 Likes

That’s fine but if you seen mctorans rps on this site he made a wiki for them to help and it only made things worse. I agree with fisher that maybe start with something small and simple like the Mata nui arc before the toa appeared. Just something that can be easily explained.

1 Like