Helryx (Canon Contest #1: The First)

Congrats man!

It does in Power miners of all things. I have the set.

2 Likes

Any chance we can see what the shield breakdown is?

I love the idea of using 2001-era-ish pieces just for the construction for Helryx. Very true. I can picture this being released alongside the original 2001 sets. Or even alongside the Roboriders or Throwbots. It just works. To say I’m highly tempted to build this would be somewhat of an understatement. So congrats all around.

Much congratulations to @TheUnderscoredDouble for winning the contest, your MOC looks qute good, and going forward I’m quite exited to see what’s in store for us next.

2 Likes

In regards to the hoses, I think three are the shorter ones and one is the longer one that can be found in the Matoro Mahri set.

1 Like

Clickable link to the part for convenience, if anyone wants it.

So I may be late and these may be trash photos but heres my arm breakdown attempt:

Note the pneumatic-T connector in her arm and that I don’t have the upper half of her shield or any armor handy.

5 Likes

First, congrats, but I’ll be honest with you, I have built this model, and I’m highly unimpressed, there is little to none articulation in the knees, the tubes makes absolutly nonesense, and the only thing that saves this model from being only a moc for the people, who thinks using ccbs/system and other non-technic and bionicle pieces, and are unimpressed with your great mocs, are the fans arts in the contest. But I personally wouldn’t buy a 3d printed mask to put it on this moc. Even tho I think my moc isn’t much bettery and the judges completely ignored the additional confirmations about Helryx, like what Greg originally meant with “frail” (he meant war-thorned, not slim)

10 Likes

It feels so ok nice to know someone feels the same

Well, I was flagged, but I actually built this version, and as LJ would say in his reviews, I highly not recommend to build this judging by my experieces. Maybe if you only use brand new pieces, it will not have the same problems, but I cannot pose it. Literally, the limbs are falling down, there is little to none knee articulation, the shoulders are falling out of the axles, and the pin connected hinge pieces are falling down from the tbar, just because they cannot hold the weight of the shield and the mace. And my personal opinion still stands on the mask question, I wouldn’t buy a mask to place it on a very unstable build, and No, I would definitely not put a mask on noodleryx, I wouldn’t even bother to build that moc. I don’t think I was rude in the pervious post, but I modified it, if it’ll be still flagged, people just either don’t know how to accept personal criticism, and when LJ can say he hates Solek, and highly not recommend to build something, I, who also have almost every combiner and set built up at the very same time, could have an opinion on them. I had rants about the Kavinika being a wolf, even if it doesn’t resemble to one, and the lackluster part ussage of the Sand Stalker model. And when I personally flagged my Helryx moc, because it didn’t win, and I said I want to topic to be deleted, it was ignored. I have a very hard critical opinion on my things too, I don’t think we should hide personal opinions on mocs we have built and tried out.

9 Likes

I still can’t believe THAT won the race… The structure is so wacky, the posability is horrible, and the looks are the worst tbh. I don’t think Helryx deserved this

Thanks for anyone who flagged me for expressing my opinion on the winner of the Helryx contest. You can flag me again, I will reedit my comment again this way.

3 Likes

I guess the staff deleted my original comment before you saw it lmao.
I said in that one Congrats, and I understand that you built this one instead of your normal much better mocs for that contest.

But to be honest, there’s no way I could misconstruct that simple thing. I just compared that “custom torso” which is a mata foot to my Lariska’s custom torso and honestly? Only my Lariska’s torso weights more than this helryx. And the build is probably more complex than everythinf on this moc. Can you upload a picture where your helryx bends her leg to a 90° without any modifications? Because the way how the ball joint in the y joint is literally next to the technic connector unables the movement, that a freaking fact :wink:

And the moderator still doesn’t know what the criticism means, as 2 comments of my personal opinion were flagged, while both of them got answers/replies. That’s a freaking shame, even the endless pit of nonsense of the Bionicle Maskposting doesn’t do this SMH

1 Like

Flagging is usually done by non-moderator users for the purpose of being viewed by moderators, not done by moderators themselves.

4 Likes

I still don’t know why my comment was deleted, so here I go again. I still can’t believe that this moc won the contest for numerous reasons.
1, it just doesn’t look like Helryx
2, the posability is very limited
3, the structure is weird, loose and is falling apart
4, aside form not being in character as a build, it still looks weird and awkward

If I had the chance, I would do a reroll with this contest, but surely I don’t, so here I go telling what isn’t appropriate for a canonization contest.

Also dear flagger, instead of just flagging me for bs, please tell me in a reply what you find offensive

Edit: I got a notification of my previous comment being flagged then deleted.
I don’t see what’s the problem. I used appropiate language, real points mentioned, in a mature comment. Can I get an admin or mod to solve my problem?

3 Likes

As Wolk mentioned, flagging will often hide a post, and especially if a post is flagged multiple times. We did not delete them.

That being said, this will be a warning to keep discussion appropriate, mature, and respectful. A conversation can be held about this and not devolve into childishness.

Additionally, @TheUnderscoredDouble, we understand that you have issues with maturity off our Boards. We expect you to act better here. Don’t make this need to be an official warning.

8 Likes

Excuse me but no, you do not. If you are going to state the same words that i do for all of my mocs then prove it. Make a video and throw your moc in comparison to an actual set. A quality of a figure comes not only in visual appeal but also articulation and durability. That goes for all action figures even outside of Lego. So please choose your words wisely before making bold statements such as that, thank you

8 Likes

I’ve actually got a notification that my comment was removed by the staff, after I changed it, because I had got the notification from the system itself to modify it.

1 Like

Can someone link a proper breakdown of Double’s Helryx here?

So, Giratina’s message is gone. Other than it being not a breakdown of the actual moc, what was wrong with it?

Don’t double post. -Eljay

1 Like

It was spam.